Author Topic: 2011 CB Draft Interest Thread/Team Assignment+Lottery  (Read 202935 times)

Re: 2011 Annual CB Draft Interest Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2011, 02:42:15 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I'll still put it out there that the Boxers had last year's best team, IMHO.

Bynum
Manu
Scola
Wilson Chandler
Felton
Haslem
Barbosa
Meeks
Bayless
Budinger
Donte Greene
Ian Mahinmi

Also, I wouldn't mind being the Washington franchise for the third year running.

SOUTHEAST RULZ!!!!

Fits the 'typical' nickagneta squad. symmetrical, but lacking star power. That's a heck of a team, for sure.
Hard to draft a superstar drafting in the mid to late 20's.

I think wdleehi and I were 26-27 one year and 27-28 the year before. Or something like that.

The only solution is the "no picking in the bottom 5 two years in a row" rule! ;)
LOL. Hey if it happens again I'll just use that Crotonats philosophy again of trading down and picking "symmetrical" quality  ;D

You mean Ex-All Stars and a Non Stop PR department?

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 02:52:33 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'm out this year guys.  Last year was a lot of fun but took up way too much of my time.

I'd be glad to be an assistant for somebody though if anybody wants one.

p.s. A heads up to new owners - don't draft Kobe!!  I think Marc Gasol will finally start to get some respect around here as a legit #2 option though
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 03:00:44 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
p.s. A heads up to new owners - don't draft Kobe!! 

Or at least don't draft Kobe + Ray Allen. Two GMs have tried that and have been lambasted.

You'll be missed, action.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 03:22:10 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Who's insulting anybody?  I didn't think any of the followers voted (except for Dark Lord whose vote didn't count for one reason or another) just the players, and a few of them didn't even vote.
The implication that only because many who voted is biased could your clearly superior team lose.

You lost 18-4 its not like a few votes coming in would have swung the outcome.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 03:39:31 PM by Fafnir »

« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 03:37:39 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

If no one objects, I'd like to throw my hat in ... though I must admit, it's a bit worn. ;)

(Like me)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Gotta say I'm really excited about the 24 team format as depth of teams should improve and with the modified snake draft it will give teams picking really anywhere a shot a a very very good 3 player core after round three.

In a 30 team league the top 90 players are dispersed to make each team's three player core.

In this 24 team format now it's the top 72 players making up that three player core.

Just my opinion, but I think it will mean less need to try to go solely for Team of the Future if you draft late and will also mean that less rookies and unproven 2nd and 3rd year players will get drafted in the first 6 rounds.

The talent at the end of round 5 in a 30 team draft is now pushed back to the end of the 6th round in a 24 team draft. End of the 10th round talent in a 30 team format now gets pushed back to the end of the draft(12th round), basically.

Because it's the CB Draft, I expect tons of trading but I think this year, I'm not sure it's going to net as big an effect as in past years due to the better depth of the draft. We will see.

« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2011, 03:51:35 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Okay for those participating, I have to ask, if you get the number 1 pick who do you take?

IP was in a bit of a quandary, for a short time anyway, last year between LeBron and D. Howard but went Lebron. But that was after LBJ's second consecutive MVP season. Then The Decision happened, LBJ went to play with Wade instead of trying to compete against him, the at times, bad stretches of basketball the Heat played and LeBron's awful Finals series.

Wade looked to be at least Lebron's equal all of last year and during the Finals, his better. Howard developed some inside game to go along with his 3 time DPOY award. Rose became MVP. Dirk showed in the playoffs he is definitely one of the best in this league. Blake Griffin went off(BTW pat on the back to me for calling his ROY and showing major support to the team that drafted him last year) and looks like a difference making franchise player in the form of Durant and also, lets not forget about him either. Or Kobe.

Is LeBron still a lock at #1 anymore?

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2011, 03:59:52 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Gotta say I'm really excited about the 24 team format as depth of teams should improve and with the modified snake draft it will give teams picking really anywhere a shot a a very very good 3 player core after round three.

In a 30 team league the top 90 players are dispersed to make each team's three player core.

In this 24 team format now it's the top 72 players making up that three player core.

Just my opinion, but I think it will mean less need to try to go solely for Team of the Future if you draft late and will also mean that less rookies and unproven 2nd and 3rd year players will get drafted in the first 6 rounds.

The talent at the end of round 5 in a 30 team draft is now pushed back to the end of the 6th round in a 24 team draft. End of the 10th round talent in a 30 team format now gets pushed back to the end of the draft(12th round), basically.

Because it's the CB Draft, I expect tons of trading but I think this year, I'm not sure it's going to net as big an effect as in past years due to the better depth of the draft. We will see.
I actually prefer 30 teams because the teams are more similar to NBA teams (in the way talent is spread out). However, I prefer 24 committed owners with 24 teams to 24 committed owners with 30 teams.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2011, 04:01:21 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Yes, he should be.

His past two playoffs opens up lines of attack against him, but he's still the best player in the league by a big margin.

The players you mention are all first round picks, but LeBron brings the most to the table. Especially since you as an owner can build a cohesive team around him, instead of having a duplicate slasher/pentrator in Wade.

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2011, 04:09:56 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Yes, he should be.

His past two playoffs opens up lines of attack against him, but he's still the best player in the league by a big margin.

The players you mention are all first round picks, but LeBron brings the most to the table. Especially since you as an owner can build a cohesive team around him, instead of having a duplicate slasher/pentrator in Wade.
I'd also consider the youngest mvp in league history (Rose) or the youngest scoring champ in league history (Durant)
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2011, 04:11:29 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
The question is do you take Lebron @ #1 (I think he's the clear cut #1) and risk dealing with the potential Lebron backlash that's out there?

We all know how perception is on here and how it relates to this draft.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2011, 04:14:12 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Who's insulting anybody?  I didn't think any of the followers voted (except for Dark Lord whose vote didn't count for one reason or another) just the players, and a few of them didn't even vote.
The implication that only because many who voted is biased could your clearly superior team lose.

You lost 18-4 its not like a few votes coming in would have swung the outcome.

Losing 18-4 doesn't really reek of "clearly superior" now, does it?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2011, 04:14:24 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Yes, he should be.

I'd also consider the youngest mvp in league history (Rose) or the youngest scoring champ in league history (Durant)
LeBron dismantled Rose in the playoffs, Rose isn't top pick material yet he needs to work on his shot and his overall feel for the game when he's being defended tough in the playoffs.

Durant brings plenty of scoring, but I find it hard to take him ahead of Howard/LeBron given how strong of defenders those two are compared to Durant. Plus Durant doesn't create anything for his team mates, unlike those too.

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2011, 04:20:20 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
The question is do you take Lebron @ #1 (I think he's the clear cut #1) and risk dealing with the potential Lebron backlash that's out there?

We all know how perception is on here and how it relates to this draft.

This is what I am getting at. LeBron clearly is the best player in the NBA but he just as clearly has major bias against him in this draft. He also is going to need a major defensive push by his owner as he will just as clearly have a bullseye on his back due to some of his play and decisions in the last year or so.

Is it worth drafting him even if he is the league's best player? Much like in real life, LeBron has never been on a team that won a CB Draft title, I think. The bias against him is pretty daunting and will be tough to overcome.

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2011, 04:21:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Okay for those participating, I have to ask, if you get the number 1 pick who do you take?
My top three - LeBron, Wade and D.Howard. Probably in that order.