Author Topic: CB Historical Draft - 1990's 2000's version: Draft Thread  (Read 114572 times)

Re: CB Historical Draft - 1990's 2000's version: Draft Thread
« Reply #840 on: May 21, 2010, 04:38:38 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94
With the last two picks for the Bobcats the select Andrew Bynum and Rudy Gay.

All players open in a trade...pm me.
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #841 on: May 21, 2010, 04:47:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406

Al Horford just got passed out for the best pick of the day.

Andrew Bynum is an excellent pick. He could be a rotation player on several teams.

« Reply #842 on: May 21, 2010, 04:56:27 PM »

Offline buellj814

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 74

Andrew Bynum is an excellent pick. He could be a rotation player on several teams.

honestly bynum has never been healthy or really accomplished anything

« Reply #843 on: May 21, 2010, 05:32:16 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

Yeah, agreed.  If we're taking a one-year snapshot of teams, which year of Bynum's do you pick?  He's been injured in just about all of them, and can't be relied upon in the playoffs.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #844 on: May 21, 2010, 05:32:52 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

I tend to agree.  Only time he played more then 65 games was his second year when he was under 8 ppg and under 6 rpg playing less then 22 mpg.  This past year was his best statistically and he only played in 65 games with just over 30 mpg, 15 ppg, and just over 8 rpg.  Certainly not bad numbers, but no where a ton of players selected today (for example I took Juwan Howard who in the year I'm taking scored 22 ppg, 8 rpg, 4.5 apg and played 40 mpg over 81 games.  Sure Howard doesn't have the size or potential of Bynum, but in a one season snapshot, Howard is a superior player.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #845 on: May 21, 2010, 06:15:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
With their two picks in the 15th Round of the CB Historical Draft the Utah Jazz select:

John Starks

AND

Shareef Abdur Rahim

« Reply #846 on: May 21, 2010, 06:17:11 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I like the Starks pick a lot, I'm not all that enamored with Shareef (who was basically the king of empty stats).  Basically, one was a winner, one wasn't.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #847 on: May 21, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I like the Starks pick a lot, I'm not all that enamored with Shareef (who was basically the king of empty stats).  Basically, one was a winner, one wasn't.
Last guy on the bench and possible trade bait for people who might need scoring at the 4 position.

He more than likely will never see the floor but having a guy who can put down 20/10 efficiently while having a PER over 20 as your 15th guy can't be all bad.

« Reply #848 on: May 21, 2010, 06:59:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I like the Starks pick a lot, I'm not all that enamored with Shareef (who was basically the king of empty stats).  Basically, one was a winner, one wasn't.
Last guy on the bench and possible trade bait for people who might need scoring at the 4 position.

He more than likely will never see the floor but having a guy who can put down 20/10 efficiently while having a PER over 20 as your 15th guy can't be all bad.
Yeah, I like Shareef Abdur Rahim pickup too. He is a nice end of the bench guy. Not a rotation player but a decent combo-forward to have as an insurance policy.

I have no use for Starks.

Edit: I would take Shareef's second season in the NBA. He was still playing some small forward back at that stage. More athletic and more versatile in his younger years with similar productivity.

« Reply #849 on: May 21, 2010, 07:46:44 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94

You have to take an account that he was my 15th pick....hes not a bad player at that point. I think in the situation where I got him he would be a prefect player there...spell a couple of guys at different times...possible go big at one point with dwight and bynum or chief and bynum...?? Yes I know I have aldrige but I am willing to move him
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #850 on: May 22, 2010, 04:37:40 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Gentleman,

First off let me say what a thoroughly enjoyable two weeks it has been doing the 1st Annual CB Historical Darft with you. Everyone who participated was great and did a fantastic job.

So now, back to business.

First, I still need Drucci and GaBerkowitz to mke their final selections so that I can post them and so I can start the finalization process of the draft. Once their picks are in there will be a schedule from here on out. This is how it will go:

Time of last pick - Tuesday May 25th 6:00PM EST: Trading period. Teams are allowed to discuss trades and make them. Amount of players in the trades does not matter. I would like to suggest something that occurred in another draft. First three teams to make a three way trade will receive 5 TPs per team for the successful completion of the trade. First four teams to make a four team trade will receive 10 TPs for the successful completion of the trade.

Tuesday May 25th 9:00PM EST: All final rosters with playing year of each player must be posted in the CB Historical Draft - Team Rosters/Panelists Comments Thread:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=37447.0

Failure to comply will render that team ineligible to be awarded awards

Wednesday May 26th 6:00PM EST: The following team must have their team presentation posted in the CB Historical Draft - Team Rosters/Panelists Comments Thread:

Indiana
Portland
Boston
New Jersey
Utah

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=37447.0 where they will be reviewed by the Panelists and the Panelists will post questions to the owners about their team.

Unlike past drafts you may have been associated with only the Panelists or non-participants of the draft may ask questions. Team owners can not ask other team owners questions. Please do not ask someone who is a non-participant to ask questions for you, This is against the spirit of this draft.

Panelists or non participants I do ask that when questioning a team after they have posted their presentation star your post with the team's name in bold red font. It will make it easier for owners to sort through the posts and see which posts are addressed to them.

Thursday May 27th 6:00PM EST: The following team must have their team presentation posted in the CB Historical Draft - Team Rosters/Panelists Comments Thread:

New Orleans
San Antonio
Memphis
Chicago
Milwaukee

Friday May 28th 6:00PM EST: The following team must have their team presentation posted in the CB Historical Draft - Team Rosters/Panelists Comments Thread:

Golden State
Charlotte
Philadelphia
Houston

Wednesday May 26th 6:00PM - Monday May 31th 9:00PM EST: Panelists ask questions and get them answered by team onwers. The reason for the length of this endeavor is to give everyone the opportunity to ask as many questions and follow up questions as possible while getting them answered while at the same time providing people the chance to have a life over a holiday weekend here in America.

Tuesday June 1st 1:00PM EST: Votes will be due in from the Panelists to me via PM for each of the awards in the following format:

Best Overall Team

Best Offensive Team

Best Defensive Team

Tuesday May 25th 9:00PM - Tuesday June 1:00PM EST - as a fun thing for everyone to participate in I will be holding votes for the era's

Best Player
Best Center
Best Power Forward
Best Small Forward
Best Shooting Guard
Best Point Guard
Best Defensive Player
Best Offensive Player
Best Rebounder
Best Passer
Best Sixth Man
Best Coach
All-NBA First Team and Second Team
All-Defense First Team

Tuesday June 1st 7:00PM EST: Voting results for the Best of era announced

Tuesday June 1st 8:00PM EST:Awards to be announced

I hope this leads to a lot of interaction, discussion about players and teaches us a little bit about our game's history while having some fun doing it.

Thank you ahead of time for everything you will be doing and congratulations to everyone on a job well done.

Nick

« Reply #851 on: May 22, 2010, 06:21:37 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
With their last pick in the draft, the Chicago Bulls select Glenn Robinson.

« Reply #852 on: May 22, 2010, 08:54:54 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
With their last pick in the draft, the Chicago Bulls select Glenn Robinson.
Glenn Robinson has been selected already -- round 8, pick 11 -- by the New Jersey Nets.

« Reply #853 on: May 25, 2010, 09:41:59 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Looking to add another center if anyone wants to talk trade.