Poll

Should we expand the lottery? (Voting locked on Fri, Oct 7, 5 PM PST

No. Keep it as is (bottom 5).
Yes, expand it to bottom 8.
Yes, expand it to bottom 10.
Yes, expand it to include all non-playoff teams.
We should do away with the lottery altogether.

Author Topic: Lucky17's Yahoo! FBB H2H League: 2011-12 season: Draft on Wed, Oct 12, noon EST?  (Read 164307 times)

Re: Lucky17's Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball H2H League info/voting
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2009, 02:55:22 PM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
The manager who inherited your team in the points league is in 8th place, with virtually the same roster as yours. Just saying.

That is my point.  The manager is in 8th place.  Will end up with the mid round pick of the draft.

I will at worst end up with the 5th pick.  So I end up in the better place at the start of next year.  He had the immediate satisfaction of competing this year, and his team will probably end up around the same place next year.  I am pretty sure with a good draft I will be in better than 8th place next year.

So anyone who believes they will place out of the top 6 teams should then tank to be better off next year correct?

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2009, 02:56:56 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I think it's actually more unfair to take control of these teams and give them full rosters a couple of weeks before the playoffs, when other managers people are competing against have already had their cakewalk weeks.

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2009, 03:01:25 PM »

Offline blake

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
So anyone who believes they will place out of the top 6 teams should then tank to be better off next year correct?

Should?  No, they shouldn't.  But I would.  It is the smarter thing to do.  Need proof?  Call up Gilbert Arenas and the Wizards. 

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
I think the tanking is a joke.  especially when your team is better then average in the league.

But I dont think it is necessary to have debates about it at this point, because it already happened. 

I think we need to make a decision on what will happen next year and just go from there. 

As Roy said (and I realize I have a ulterior motive in this one) I actually almost think the last two weeks should continue with the tankers tanking.  again, obviously my thinking is colored by the fact that I am playing Blake next week, but it is true that the league owners have all had their run at these tankers.  it isnt like someone made a sudden shift.

Lets figure out what happens in the future and move on.

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2009, 05:00:58 PM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
TN brings up some good points about keeping the tankers tanking and the DOA's DOA. This late in the season it would unfairly effect whoever is playing them this week and next.

For next season, I do support any rules that kick out tankers and managers that don't login for over a month/6 weeks.

Btw, since the top 6 is set, good luck to all the playoff teams.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2009, 05:46:19 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Tanking has no place.  I inherated a middle of the road team and have been trading for injured players that are good for next year to improve my draft slot.

But I have not tanked.  I have been for the most part putting in my best players possible (though it is hard to check everyday when your team isn't going to win)

The reason I didn't just tank is I remember a big conversation about this at the beginning of the season and the possible penalties. 

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2009, 05:00:26 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I've updated the traded picks section to reflect the most recent trade.

As for the poll issues, it's conclusive that we people want to keep the pool of players eligible for our fantasy draft restricted to the players who declare for the NBA draft.

As for waiver priority, it looks like most people favor setting next season's waiver priority in inverse order of finish, so we'll go with that.

I should have been more clear about what I meant by order of finish: I meant based on regular season. I also believe that the draft should be ordered the same way. If there are strong feelings against this (in favor of the order of finish based upon both the Championship and Consolation playoff results), please make your claims heard.

Otherwise, the record after next week's matchup will determine both waiver priority and draft order (for non-lottery teams).
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2009, 07:36:17 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
I don't like tanking, but I don't think we can seriously reprimand it other than a lottery system for draft picks.  I think removing Blake is totally out of the question, because he's an active manager and I don't think that we should be trying to control how he runs his team.  I do think that we should remove the inactive managers, RipRed, IronLion, and jayhovaone. 

Tanking isn't a relatively new issue, and we've all been gifted a few weeks by inactive managers, so I think that there's a relatively (but not completely level) playing field there. 

I do support any rule changes that directly affect Hobbs, KWhit, or Walker Wiggle.  In fact, I propose that we include all their active players in the upcoming rookie draft as a penalty for...something...I'll think of that later.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2009, 08:13:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Marrrrr-cus camby. Offering Marcus Camby...top 30 Fantasy player...offering Marcus Camby...looking for youngins...marrrcus camby.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2009, 08:28:35 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
did we ever decide if we would allow blake to continue tanking this year?

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2009, 12:53:59 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
I have updated the front page of the thread to reflect the decisions on draft players and waiver priority we reached earlier.

I have also posted the draft order, based on the regular season standings. Please let me know if anything looks out of place.

I'll continue to update the front page with league information and announcements as warranted.

Still to be determined: definitions and appropriate punishment for tanking and inactivity, finding replacement managers for next season, any additional changes to league settings.

« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2009, 07:14:54 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
I have updated the front page of the thread to reflect the decisions on draft players and waiver priority we reached earlier.

I have also posted the draft order, based on the regular season standings. Please let me know if anything looks out of place.

I'll continue to update the front page with league information and announcements as warranted.

Still to be determined: definitions and appropriate punishment for tanking and inactivity, finding replacement managers for next season, any additional changes to league settings.

Could this be done for the Pts League as well?  Maybe you already did it and I just don't see it....?  Thanks for all your work as Commish Lucky.  Yet another TP for you!  You are the man!
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 07:16:59 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Based on the poll, we have elected to:

1. assign waiver priority next season based on the descending order of finish during the regular season

2. continue to restrict the pool of players eligible for the fantasy draft to players who have declared for the NBA draft.

Draft order for next year, based on regular season final standings:

1. MakeMeSomeBacon2 (from GomesFriars2takeover)*
2. Edgar Crotors*
3. blake*
4. Larrybird17*
5. jgod213*
6. iRONLiON^
7. jayhovaone^
8. Utah Flash (from Indeed Proceed)
9. MakeMeSomeBacon2
10. WideLoaders
11. HorseCaulk^
12. Lucky17
13. Utah Flash
14. Birdman
15. Ya’ll Hate
16. ChampKinds FestusEra
17. KG All-Stars
18. Lucky 17 (from The Naturals)
19. The Shipyard
20. The WalkerWiggle
21. MakeMeSomeBacon2 (from GomesFriars2takeover)
22. Edgar Crotors
23. blake
24. Larrybird17
25. jgod213
26. iRONLiON^
27. jayhovaone^
28. Indeed Proceed
29. MakeMeSomeBacon2
30. WideLoaders
31. HorseCaulk^
32. Lucky17
33. Utah Flash
34. Birdman
35. Ya’ll Hate
36. ChampKinds FestusEra
37. KG All-Stars
38. Lucky 17 (from The Naturals)
39. The Shipyard
40. The WalkerWiggle

* Final order of picks 1-5 to be determined by NBA lottery draft order.
^ Denotes team whose manager will be replaced next season due to inactivity.

comon ping-pong balls.  Blake Griffin would look awfully good as a MMSB !!!!
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2009, 09:39:54 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Could this be done for the Pts League as well?  Maybe you already did it and I just don't see it....?  Thanks for all your work as Commish Lucky.  Yet another TP for you!  You are the man!

Regular season still going in the points league, for another few weeks. I'll update that thread as soon as the season winds down.

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2009, 09:29:11 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Did I mention that my picks will be for sale when trading season opens again?