Author Topic: Basketball player lies about age  (Read 8862 times)

Basketball player lies about age
« on: May 13, 2010, 11:19:51 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
http://www.oaoa.com/articles/year-6353-oavarsity-wright-basketball.html

Anyone else hear about this? 

I feel bad for everyone involved. The kid literally created a new life just so that he could have a couple more years of high school basketball.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

Re: Basketball player lies about age
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 11:21:08 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Sorry here's the real article:  http://deadspin.com/5536736/sixteen+year+old-high-school-basketball-star-is-actually-22+year+old-liar

The one in the post above is the coach's reaction.
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 10:02:41 PM »

Offline ibby

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
I think I read it on ESPN.  I laughed when I read it because I coach middle school and there have been games where I've thought about shaving off my beard and suiting up.  Without the facial hair I could easily pass for 16-18 (probably 13-14 seeing as some of the kids I coach look about 22).  Unfortunately a lot of these kids could run circles around me because I've gotten a bit out of shape.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 10:18:15 PM »

Offline Poseidon

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • Ray Allen είναι ο άνθρωπος.
Very sad that someone would do this to gain an advantage in high school. But I wouldn't doubt it that there numerous other high schoolers who lie about their age. Now some of these children might be gifted with incredible athletic abilities, but I have been to a few AAU games and some of these 15-16 year olds look much older. It's sad because it seems like everyone that knew him, loved him.
"I could justify it all day long if I wanted to, but the truth is, I locked it because I wanted to."- Jeff

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 10:40:47 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
The bigger issue with this kid is that he allegedly committed statutory rape by sleeping with underage girls.  Fraud is one thing; sleeping with a teenager under false pretenses is quite another.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »

Offline wiki

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0
I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 11:10:02 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Kinda surprised this article wasn't about Yi.  Or LeBron.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 11:15:01 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
"Don't you wish you could go back, with the knowledge you have now?"  -- Uncle Rico