Author Topic: Will Miami have to eventually trade Wade or Lebron?  (Read 5961 times)

Re: Will Miami have to eventually trade Wade or Lebron?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 11:15:20 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
From a pure basketball standpoint, I thought the trade idea that'll never happen, Lebron for D12 made a lot of sense for both sides.

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 11:17:34 AM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Imagine if LeBron was smart and went to a team were it would be balanced like Chicago.  I don't even want to think about that.

for Lebron to go to Chicago, they need to trade a lot of pieces just to get him, then theyll just turn into NYK

if he signed there as a Free agent i would be scared, but traded there, not so much

That's what I meant if he signed there last off-season.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »

Offline throwedoff

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
LeBron is better than Wade at the end of the game, has been for years. Clutch stats bear this out, he's also a better at getting to the line, jump shooter, and passer than Wade.

I really don't get why people think Wade is a better option at the end of the games than LeBron.
**** no he's not Lebron isn't clutch at all Idec about the stats you pull up Lebron isn't clutch wade used to have a stronger killer instinct but how many game winners has Lebron even hit, I can count all of them on one hand

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 11:37:17 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
They might trade one a few years down the line when one is past their prime. I see no reason to trade them now. Just add pieces in the off season.

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2011, 11:40:40 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
The whole "Lebron and Wade can't play together" thing is just pure hogwash. If you look at the Heat v. Knicks game that went down last night, Lebron, Bosh, and Wade all had really solid games. They lost because everybody else on Miami is TERRIBLE.

That's really it, nothing more to it.

Yes, there is.  With LeBron and Wade both being unwilling or unable to play without the ball, Miami in the halfcourt is reduced to re-enacting the Jim O'Brien era for the Celtics - a lot of standing around, then LeBron ('Toine) or Wade (Pierce) make a move and either chuck up a shot or throw in out to Miller/Jones/House (Waltah McCarty) for a three.

Mike

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2011, 11:48:06 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
LeBron is better than Wade at the end of the game, has been for years. Clutch stats bear this out, he's also a better at getting to the line, jump shooter, and passer than Wade.

I really don't get why people think Wade is a better option at the end of the games than LeBron.
**** no he's not Lebron isn't clutch at all Idec about the stats you pull up Lebron isn't clutch wade used to have a stronger killer instinct but how many game winners has Lebron even hit, I can count all of them on one hand

According to 82games, LeBron hit 17 from his rookie year through 08-09, leading the league.  He's had more since then.  Wade is lower in makes and %.  I'd assume Faf has even more detailed stats, but a lot of this stuff is just perception. 

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 11:54:46 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
As long as the players get along and win championships, no.  If egos collide ot the Heat remain a no-ring circus three years from now, then a move may be made.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 12:31:43 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
82gamestats or no, he choked last night x2 and earlier in the week against the Knicks he shot one of the worst misses I have ever seen.   Stats can be twisted to support anything you want.  I add he choked a FTA against us last game vs. us.  He also missed FTA against NYC that would have helped.   

I would not want him shooting a shot with my life depending on it.  You might as well bend over and kiss your butt goodbye.  But I am not stat drunk as many are over LeBron.  Being from Ohio I have seen him play more than most here.

They'd be a better team if they traded one of them for a legit big.  Not enough balls to go around on that team and they don't have the maturity or the desperation the Big Three had.  Adding Bibby just adds another ball hog to the mix.

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 12:46:42 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Stats can be twisted to support anything you want. 

Could you show me how stats could be twisted to support LeBron being a very poor player in the clutch?

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2011, 12:51:15 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
Chris is right on this.

This is year 1 of an experiment that will no doubt yield many big moments and a ton of wins - in the regular season.

They will have their issues this year because, a) Spoelstra doesn't know how to coach these guys, b) The big-3 there don't quite understand eachothers' games the way they need to, and c) they haven't had a full season + and offseason to correct the unforseasble circumstances that arise - such as James Jones making Mike Miller expendable.

The Heat will have one of the top 3 regular season records in the East for the next decade - from there it's just about hoping you've found the right pieces around the big-3 in Miami from year to year.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I was reading the Miami board a couple of weeks ago and the fans over there were saying this is Lebron's team now and Wade would eventually be traded.  I thought that was cold blooded.  It was Wade's team first.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Lebron and wade just arent off the ball players...they both need the ball in their hands to create their own shot and produce...

the reason the celtics big 3 works, and to a lesser extent new yorks right now is that each of the 3 players brings something different to the table...

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 01:15:04 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I was reading the Miami board a couple of weeks ago and the fans over there were saying this is Lebron's team now and Wade would eventually be traded.  I thought that was cold blooded.  It was Wade's team first.

LeBron's at least 3 years younger, isn't he? That probably has a lot to do with it.

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 04:05:44 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Lebron is ruining Dwyane Wade’s career!!
I used to really root for the Heat (I’m a BIG Wade fan). But ever since Lebron came aboard, I just can’t root for them

It puzzles me that a guy who is a finals MVP isn't the first option for the ball in the closing minutes. The way Dwyane Wade took over that 2006 NBA Finals was...remarkable. Completely dominated that series after game 2. All those people blind to Lebron's deficiencies can would have to admit that

The Heat are trying to appease Lebron by acting like its “his team”. Giving him the ball in the final minutes when he’s no where near as clutch as Wade. Both players play the same style and are crowding each other. They have no advantage when they are both on the floor. Writers/pundits act as if this team is elite. Adding identical players makes them 1/2 + 1/2 in terms of impact, instead of 1+1. The fearless unrelenting Wade now looks lost and out of touch