Author Topic: Will Miami have to eventually trade Wade or Lebron?  (Read 5962 times)

Will Miami have to eventually trade Wade or Lebron?
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:59:28 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I know they are both top 5 superstars, but their games are much to similar. Yes they can get out and run against crappy below 500 teams, but if they have to work in the half court, they have no offensive plays whatsoever. Everythin is Iso Lebron, Iso Wade, Bosh shooting from 18 ft .

Then at the end of games where Wade is most effective with the ball in his hands, now it is never in his hands because Lebron is always trying to chuck up a game winner , and it hardly ever works. They are so predictable in close games and at the end of games.

Some people say that they need a PG and they will be all set, but I don't see Lebron ever giving up the ball to a PG he loves to dribble it into the ground, it's the only way he knows how to play with the offense running through him from 30 feet away from the hoop.

Would Miami be better served to trade Wade or Lebron for a package of a couple young complimentary player to put around either Wade or Lebron?

Maybe something like Stephen Curry and Monta Ellis for one of them ? ( doesn't have to be that package, but you get the idea)

Re: Will Miami have to eventually trade Wade or Lebron?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:02:15 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Imagine if LeBron was smart and went to a team were it would be balanced like Chicago.  I don't even want to think about that.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 11:05:15 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
If he went to chi. Town that would be scary. Even with New York with Amare he would have been nasty. With the way Raymond felton was playing.. They would have been really good but hey he did what he did.

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 11:05:21 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
It would make perfect sense to think about it in a few years if I was the GM and they don't win the title, but Bosh will be the first to go because he's already the perfect scapegoat.
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 11:08:25 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Imagine if LeBron was smart and went to a team were it would be balanced like Chicago.  I don't even want to think about that.

IMO, Wade and Rose are the exact same player except Rose is a better ball handler thus he played pointgaurd in college and now in the NBA. Lebron and Rose would be just as redundant as Wade and Bron. Rose would be relegated to working from the corners just like Wade assuming Lebron is allowed to dominate the ball. The Best place for Lebron was NY, IMO.

Edit:To answer the thread question.

No. I always thought the trio was a terrible fit, but you can't argue with talent. I think Wade and Bosh were ready to sacrifice their game, but Lebron wasn't. As long as he keeps playing like their in Cleveland, freezing out his teammates, and taking stupid hero shots they'll be good, but not championship good. Bron bron has to get his mind right.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:15:58 PM by ManUp »

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 11:11:49 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
even the LAC would have been a better choice

PG: Baron or Mo
sg: Gordon
SF: Lebron
PF: Griffin
 C: Kaman

that's a more balanced lineup than Mia will ever get with Wade and Lebron on the same team.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 11:12:07 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
The Heat definitely have to figure something out. LeBron/Wade are such ball dominant players that is almost cancels one of them out.

You would figure one of them would move without the ball better than they currently do. That's not the case though. Seems like they get very little consistent help from everyone else as well.

With that said, it's only year one of their team. Heat management aren't going to make any trades until a few years down the line if they aren't winning rings. Their coach will be the first to go if something happens.

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 11:36:41 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
LeBron in LA (Clipland) would hardly be as successful as things has gone in Miami. It would have been another rebuilding period that LeBron would not have wanted to go through.

If any of the Heat are going to be traded it would probably be through a demand. But if one of the three were to be traded I would put my money on Bosh first.

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 11:39:40 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
LeBron in LA (Clipland) would hardly be as successful as things has gone in Miami. It would have been another rebuilding period that LeBron would not have wanted to go through.

If any of the Heat are going to be traded it would probably be through a demand. But if one of the three were to be traded I would put my money on Bosh first.

Lebron won 60 + games 2 years in a row with a lineup of

PG: Mo Williams
SG: Delonte
SF: Lebron
PF: Jamison/ Hickson
 C: Sideshow /Big Z/ Shaq

do you honestly believe a team with Lebron, Blake Griffin and Gordon would really be going through "rebuilding" ? That is an awesome young core and might even be better than Miami's big 3 in couple of years, and their games would complement each other .
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:44:50 PM by rondohondo »

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 11:40:51 PM »

Offline greenpride32

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 82
MIA's biggest problem is their lack of depth.  Their team is full of NBA rejects such as Anthony, House, Dampier, Stack (earlier in the season), Howard, Arroyo, Jones, Chalmers, Z; players that no other team really wants.  Their other 3 are good enough to win a lot of games, but they can't cover for the scrubs every game.  They still have the 4th best record overall as it is.  If they can attract some more decent talent to go along with a heatlhy Miller and UD then watch out.

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 11:46:18 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

for Lebron to go to Chicago, they need to trade a lot of pieces just to get him, then theyll just turn into NYK

if he signed there as a Free agent i would be scared, but traded there, not so much

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 11:59:42 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

for Lebron to go to Chicago, they need to trade a lot of pieces just to get him, then theyll just turn into NYK

if he signed there as a Free agent i would be scared, but traded there, not so much

Dallas to me was the best place for him to go.

Caron Butler, Beaubois, whatever picks..Dallas would be nuts. Dirk, Chandler, Kidd, LeBron=Title.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 12:04:43 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
LeBron is better than Wade at the end of the game, has been for years. Clutch stats bear this out, he's also a better at getting to the line, jump shooter, and passer than Wade.

I really don't get why people think Wade is a better option at the end of the games than LeBron.

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 11:09:34 AM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
MIA's biggest problem is their lack of depth.  Their team is full of NBA rejects such as Anthony, House, Dampier, Stack (earlier in the season), Howard, Arroyo, Jones, Chalmers, Z; players that no other team really wants.  Their other 3 are good enough to win a lot of games, but they can't cover for the scrubs every game.  They still have the 4th best record overall as it is.  If they can attract some more decent talent to go along with a heatlhy Miller and UD then watch out.

+1!

The whole "Lebron and Wade can't play together" thing is just pure hogwash. If you look at the Heat v. Knicks game that went down last night, Lebron, Bosh, and Wade all had really solid games. They lost because everybody else on Miami is TERRIBLE.

That's really it, nothing more to it.

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 11:14:13 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I don't think that would ever happen.  I still think they are going to be a force once they have an offseason to fill out the rest of the roster...but even if they don't, I don't think they will ever be bad enough to even be able to consider trading one of those two.