Author Topic: Cavs sign Jamario Moon to offer sheet  (Read 15034 times)

Re: Cavs sign Jamario Moon to offer sheet
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2009, 02:09:17 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
So it looks like they're serious about playing Lebron at the 4????  They've signed two sf's so far and i cant imagine they need two lines of depth behind lebron.

Lebron at the 4: I havn't decided if thats really smart or stupid, someone help.

I think they will be less West at 2 and more Lebron at 4. 

Which is fine.  I would love to see the Celtics post Lebron up over and over with KG during a 7 game series.  Best way to wear out those legs. 

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2009, 02:10:04 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 685
  • MASTER OF PANIC
well..the cavs have a bench of parker, moon, gibson and z depending if they are going to play brick james at the 3 or 4...if he plays the 4..parker wiill start and then varajo comes off the bench.

i still don't like the small back court they have but there bench is a little better without wally, sasha...etc..boston still needs to finish out the bench...if they get a bench of

eddie
sheed
daniels
baby
one more point
one more big (joe smith please)
giddens
nba
i think they will be fine...boston still has the best starting 5 in the

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 02:13:25 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
All these signings and trades; they still haven't addresses one of their biggest weaknesses, the pick and roll defense.

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 685
  • MASTER OF PANIC
All these signings and trades; they still haven't addresses one of their biggest weaknesses, the pick and roll defense.

and they really dont have a legit PF (hickson) i guess...cavs don't put fear into me..

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Can Jamario Moon cover KG or Sheed? Can Big Z? Can Shaq?
But he might allow LeBron to play the four more, which is a very effective line up.

Lebron guarding Sheed or KG is in our best interest as well, plus that would leave Moon on Pierce....

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2009, 02:37:22 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Yeah, right now, the only defensive big man they have is Andy.  I think they definitely helped themselves by picking up Shaq, but the wings are doing nothing for me.  They had decent depth on the wing already, and were not making dramatic upgrades.  Where they need to upgrade is at PG (yeah, I am not sold on Williams as a championship level defender), and PF. 

Of course they still have Z's expiring contract to add someone else, but I just am not that worried anymore.  I actually think Orlando has done more to fix their weakness than Cleveland has.

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2009, 02:39:12 PM »

Offline jacksmedulaoblongata

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Funny, the Cavs are doing all this to appease a man who won't be staying past next season, and none of it is going make any difference in them winning a title because that roster still won't beat ours in a 7 game series.

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2009, 02:41:49 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
I don't understand why we moved on from Moon if he is going to sign for so little money and actaully wanted to play here.

at 6'8" with a decent outside shot, it seems like he fit better what we needed than Daniels

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 02:44:38 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I don't understand why we moved on from Moon if he is going to sign for so little money and actaully wanted to play here.

at 6'8" with a decent outside shot, it seems like he fit better what we needed than Daniels

Probably because Boston threw it's entire MLE on Wallace.  Cleveland must have used what ever MLE it hadn't used to make an offer for Moon.  (which could be matched)

« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2009, 02:45:58 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Anyone else feel like Cleveland is making moves to matchup with Orlando?

Also, does it make sense to anyone that they might be force to play Lebron at the 4, which I imagine he might not like) when they are trying to keep him?

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2009, 02:58:57 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

Probably because Boston threw it's entire MLE on Wallace.  Cleveland must have used what ever MLE it hadn't used to make an offer for Moon.  (which could be matched)

are you saying that Moon is going to sign for more than the LLE?

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2009, 03:09:55 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

I think if they want Miami not to match, they would have to offer a bit more. 

What is his qualifying offer anyways?

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2009, 03:24:39 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas

i believe it is 1 million

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Maybe the Cavs didn't buy Miami's bluff that they would match a small offer.  Who knows?

I do like Moon a lot better than Daniels as a player, but I can see why the C's brass likes Daniels for our team.  It's the same reasoning that keeps TA around: they want someone other than Rondo and Pierce who can consistently attack a defense off the bounce.  Moon would complement Rondo and Pierce much better, and bring more stat-stuffing goodness to the table, but Daniels can at least play the Rondo/Pierce role to a limited degree.

As for the Cavs, they are shaping up, but they still don't have a complete impact player to put next to Bron.  Mo Williams and D-West are still undersized combo guards, Parker's got a well-rounded skill-set but doesn't even come close to 2nd banana talent, Shaq can only score and rebound for 2/3s of the season at this point, Varejao still doesn't pose a threat on offense, Z is offense only, and now with Moon, they have another great fill in the cracks player.  The Cavs are going to overwhelm people in the regular season again (I'm betting Shaq will play sparingly), but I think they'll continue to be average against the really good teams.

They are basing their entire team on an assumption that LeBron will consistently dismantle opposing defenses and that the rest of the players need only to be able to capitalize on these opportunities.  
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2009, 03:30:47 PM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

i believe it is 1 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4339432

Can't be the LLE

League rules dictate that offer sheets must span three years in length

And this

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported that the Cavs have about $3.2 million left of their $5.9 million mid-level exception that they can use in whole or part to sign Moon.