Poll

Which trade makes Philly better

Ben for CJ McCollum
11 (47.8%)
Ben for Hield and Haliburton OR Davion Mitchell
12 (52.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Poll: Better trade for Philly Blazers or Sactown  (Read 4055 times)

Poll: Better trade for Philly Blazers or Sactown
« on: September 09, 2021, 02:29:42 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 I have tried and looked at all the California teams, Clippers and Warriors trades make no sense.  What would the Lakers have to offer not much.

Portland and Sacramento are both on the west coast short plane rides to get back to his boo thing.

So is CJ better than both Hield and Haliburton or would you take the upside of Haliburton or Davion.

Re: Poll: Better trade for Philly Blazers or Sactown
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 02:33:24 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I have tried and looked at all the California teams, Clippers and Warriors trades make no sense.  What would the Lakers have to offer not much.

Portland and Sacramento are both on the west coast short plane rides to get back to his boo thing.

So is CJ better than both Hield and Haliburton or would you take the upside of Haliburton or Davion.

I'd Take Hield and Haliburton. You could flip Haliburton for more vet talent if needs be. I'd keep Haliburton he's a good player already.

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 04:09:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

I'd Take Hield and Haliburton. You could flip Haliburton for more vet talent if needs be. I'd keep Haliburton he's a good player already.

Plus one liam. Come on guys more votes..

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 04:16:23 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
McCollum would fit nicely in Philly
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 04:45:20 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
McCollum would fit nicely in Philly

Tp. Agree Birdman

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 05:37:29 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
The Sixers are in win-now mode with Embiid in his prime because of that and McCollum having one of the best complementary games for Joel, I prefer the Portland trade. The McCollum-Curry backcourt is a negative defensively, but inserting Thybulle is an elite defensive upgrade for certain matchups. Simmons is more valuable as an asset, so I’d demand another asset (Powell, Nance, Covington, or 1-2 future 1sts) from the Blazers (As a side note, Beal and McCollum are statistical doppelgängers (accounting for the different situations)).

Halliburton and Hield is a close second because of Hield’s 3P shooting and Halliburton’s expected growth in the next few seasons. His game looks like the perfect complement to Embiid in the near future. At 21, is he going to be ready to play well as the #2 for a playoff contender? Will that change by 2023? Is Embiid going to maintain health in the meantime?

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 06:26:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
McCollum gives Philly a real nightmare 3-headed offence with Embiid, Harris and CJ
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 08:06:41 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I would also factor in Sac being the more desperate of the two teams. The Blazers as-is are a playoff team. Sac needs to do something.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 09:47:16 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I don't like the trade for either team acquiring Ben Simmons.

He can't be put in the position of being even a second option of a contender, until he proves he's not damaged, (shooting wise.)
Simmons needs to be on a team that has a great deal of offense firepower, so he can relax, do what he does best and find a scoring game.

I believe the 76ers will take "haircut" on this predicament.   

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 09:55:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I don't like the trade for either team acquiring Ben Simmons.

He can't be put in the position of being even a second option of a contender, until he proves he's not damaged, (shooting wise.)
Simmons needs to be on a team that has a great deal of offense firepower, so he can relax, do what he does best and find a scoring game.

I believe the 76ers will take "haircut" on this predicament.

Yeah, Kyrie for Simmons is the best fit.
 :D

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 11:12:10 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I voted for the CJ trade because there is zero percent chance of sac moving Haliburton or Davion.

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 03:37:38 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
I voted for the CJ trade because there is zero percent chance of sac moving Haliburton or Davion.

Zero chance? I would trade Hield and Davion for Ben Simmons and I don't even like Simmoms. Sacramento never gets stars, and even for an asset collection it's a good deal.

One good year from Simmons and you can get the moon for him. Three time all star.

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 07:05:04 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Stevens would already have McCollum by now.  Ainge would still be shopping around.  I'd go with the Stevens style.  Change the culture immediately and give Doc what he needs because clearly the plan is to win now with Embiid as the focal point.  McCollum is exactly what they need.  Years have already been wasted because it was known for a long time that Embiid and Simmons didn't fit. 

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 07:14:08 AM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
  Years have already been wasted because it was known for a long time that Embiid and Simmons didn't fit.

They were a crazy bounced shot away from making the finals a couple years ago, and were the number 1 seed in the East last year.

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2021, 08:21:01 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
  Years have already been wasted because it was known for a long time that Embiid and Simmons didn't fit.

They were a crazy bounced shot away from making the finals a couple years ago, and were the number 1 seed in the East last year.
As a duo they also have one of the highest net ratings in the sport.  When they have them surrounded by shooters like they do now, they fit just fine.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip