Author Topic: Magic (1-1) at Celtics (2-0) Summer League Game #3 8/12/21  (Read 30027 times)

Re: Magic (1-1) at Celtics (2-0) Summer League Game #3 8/12/21
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2021, 12:18:36 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Mark Murphy @Murf56
about 1 hour ago

Ime Udoka's demand for better ball movement is being heard. The Celtics set an NBA summer league record with 33 assists tonight.

Fantastic hire

« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2021, 12:19:54 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Udoka on ball movement/Jays (2 days ago)

https://youtu.be/yPl5otmBbAI

« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2021, 12:43:34 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I am getting the impression the coaching staff like Begarin more than they do Yam. Or maybe like is the wrong word. Maybe they think Begarin more NBA ready.

Begarin was playing more minutes, more important minutes and most often with the 4 guys that were on the team last year: Pritchard, Nesmith, Langford and Edwards. Kinda makes me think he might be higher in the plans than Mader, as of right now
At 18 Bergarin already has an NBA body. He's a physical beast. He also appears to have a good bbiq.

Regardless of Yam's skills, pro or con, he's way too skinny and will have a terrible time playing against nba caliber players.

« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2021, 12:52:25 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

The biggest culprit last season for not moving the ball was Tatum. Brad is no dummy, so he obviously saw the problem yet couldn't get any response. Time will tell whether Udoka can get Tatum to change.

Tatum of course wasn't the only one who went Hero Ball too often. Kemba and Smart did it plenty. Kemba was quickly moved, let's see what happens with Smart.

My point is that the problem was obvious. Doing something about it I think is easier said than done.

« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2021, 01:22:13 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

The biggest culprit last season for not moving the ball was Tatum. Brad is no dummy, so he obviously saw the problem yet couldn't get any response. Time will tell whether Udoka can get Tatum to change.

Tatum of course wasn't the only one who went Hero Ball too often. Kemba and Smart did it plenty. Kemba was quickly moved, let's see what happens with Smart.

My point is that the problem was obvious. Doing something about it I think is easier said than done.

We will see what happens. Doesnt look like Udoka is  messing around

SL team has been moving the ball around pretty nicely.  And Udoka wanted even a higher level of perfection tonight (SL team assist record)

Will the big names/vets buy in?

For the most part, Nets got their big three to buy in.  Kyrie was actually unselfish.... didnt think it was possible

« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2021, 08:18:59 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I said before draft that Chris Duarte could be best all around player in the draft and so far he is looking good..now have to see what he does against the real players in NBA when season starts
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin