Author Topic: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021  (Read 179662 times)

Re: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021
« Reply #1275 on: September 13, 2021, 07:35:13 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Emiliano Carchia: Anthony Brown is working out with the Boston Celtics this week, sources tell @Emiliano Carchia. Brown has played 41 games in the NBA for Pelicans, Lakers, Magic and Timberwolves. He spent last season with Boulogne-Levallois averaging 12.1ppg in Jeep Elite and 14.6ppg in EuroCup – via Twitter Carchia
Extra training camp body
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1276 on: September 13, 2021, 08:19:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Emiliano Carchia: Anthony Brown is working out with the Boston Celtics this week, sources tell @Emiliano Carchia. Brown has played 41 games in the NBA for Pelicans, Lakers, Magic and Timberwolves. He spent last season with Boulogne-Levallois averaging 12.1ppg in Jeep Elite and 14.6ppg in EuroCup – via Twitter Carchia
Extra training camp body

6'11.5” wingspan...

« Reply #1277 on: September 13, 2021, 11:23:45 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
Extra training camp body

6'11.5” wingspan...
that means he will be fun to watch as he fulfills his role of being an extra training camp body.

when does training camp begin???????
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #1278 on: September 14, 2021, 08:31:12 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

Training camps for the 2021-22 season open on Tuesday, Sept. 28

First preseason game is 4 Oct 2021 vs. Orlando.

« Reply #1279 on: September 14, 2021, 10:52:27 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

Training camps for the 2021-22 season open on Tuesday, Sept. 28

First preseason game is 4 Oct 2021 vs. Orlando.
Less than 3 weeks!

« Reply #1280 on: September 14, 2021, 02:03:06 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

« Reply #1281 on: September 14, 2021, 02:13:27 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/john-wall-wont-play-for-rockets-this-season-as-team-will-look-to-trade-five-time-nba-all-star-per-report/

Could John Wall get traded? Is it even possible?

I can't imagine its possible.  Best idea I have is that after Philly moves Ben Simmons that they get some players in return who play the same role as Tobias Harris, and decide that they'd rather have Wall for two years than Harris for three.  But that's a real stretch -- there's no one I can see who would be willing to commit $91 million to Wall over the next two seasons.  Maybe Love and Rubio for Wall, but I think the Cavs would prefer Rubio?

« Reply #1282 on: September 14, 2021, 02:16:27 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/john-wall-wont-play-for-rockets-this-season-as-team-will-look-to-trade-five-time-nba-all-star-per-report/

He's a $44 million expiring next season, so I would have waited if I were them for a year to get rid of him.  It's not like he's going to win a bunch of games for them this year.  I don't know about playing $88 for the next two years though if I'm another team offering anything

« Reply #1283 on: September 14, 2021, 02:33:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176

« Reply #1284 on: September 14, 2021, 02:35:33 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

It's the NBA so anything is possible.

If he was expiring I'm sure someone would take a chance but 44/yr for 2 years is nuts.  Not sure who would be willing to take this contract.  What's NYC's Cap situation like?  Maybe they can trade Kemba in a package for him. :)

« Reply #1285 on: September 14, 2021, 02:39:28 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51

The Clippers are the only team I can even kind of talk myself into a Wall deal. Bledsoe, one of Morris or Kennard, and a smaller deal get you there on matching money.

« Reply #1286 on: September 14, 2021, 03:14:21 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

John Wall + Jalen Green for Ben Simmons + Seth Curry?  Add in 1 more player and it works in trade machine.

Seth Curry
Eric Gordon
3 & D SF
Ben Simmons
Christian Wood / Daniel Theis

Is not a bad team, IMO.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #1287 on: September 14, 2021, 03:25:53 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
I don't get the league allowing a player to sit out like this. If the team can justify that a trade is imminent maybe, but just canceling his whole season like this to protect his trade value and their draft slot, that shouldn't be permitted.

« Reply #1288 on: September 14, 2021, 03:36:48 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
I don't get the league allowing a player to sit out like this. If the team can justify that a trade is imminent maybe, but just canceling his whole season like this to protect his trade value and their draft slot, that shouldn't be permitted.

It’s an imperfect system, but there aren’t great solutions for forcing a team to play a player, especially if the player mutually doesn’t want to play for the team.  How does the league decide who has to play and who doesn’t?   How much does he have to play?  Does he have to give 100%?  Is it better for the league to have John Wall just go through the motions like Blake Griffin did in Detroit, such that he gets bought out, goes to a contender, and ups his game?

« Reply #1289 on: September 14, 2021, 03:38:06 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Going be hard to find a taker for Wall at his age, contract & history of injuries…
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin