Author Topic: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021  (Read 179367 times)

Re: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021
« Reply #1245 on: September 08, 2021, 09:54:52 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Tremont seems like a guy who could have a Hall of Fame career in an international league somewhere.  Super talented.
Yup

« Reply #1246 on: September 08, 2021, 10:11:46 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
I’m not familiar with him. Anyone have a scouting report?

The Boston Celtics agreed to a deal with Juwan Morgan, his agency Edge Sports told HoopsHype. Morgan, 24, spent the past two seasons with the Utah Jazz and started multiple playoff games during the 2019-20 season. – via Michael Scotto
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1247 on: September 08, 2021, 10:18:48 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

The Boston Celtics agreed to a deal with Juwan Morgan, his agency Edge Sports told HoopsHype. Morgan, 24, spent the past two seasons with the Utah Jazz and started multiple playoff games during the 2019-20 season. – via Michael Scotto

9 pts and 7 rebs per36 for his career.

« Reply #1248 on: September 08, 2021, 10:38:47 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593

On him starting in the playoffs.  Bogdanović didn't go to the bubble, Ed Davis missed the playoffs with an injury, and Mike Conley missed the first 2 games for the birth of his son (shifting Mitchell, Ingles, O'Neal down a position).  That's how he ended up starting.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #1249 on: September 08, 2021, 10:46:44 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Former Indiana Hoosier. Looks like he played with Romeo in college. Has good size for a wing, but I’m not sure what he does well. 4 year college player and he’s already 24 years old.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1250 on: September 08, 2021, 11:09:17 AM »

Offline todd_days_41

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 1074
  • B2B 2022 and 2023 Trade Deadline Guru

Former Indiana Hoosier. Looks like he played with Romeo in college. Has good size for a wing, but I’m not sure what he does well. 4 year college player and he’s already 24 years old.

Guy looks pretty fluid, comfortable, and / or skilled for a fringe NBA player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7RGfw-9IQc

« Reply #1251 on: September 08, 2021, 11:35:01 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

He’s a power forward.  Good in college, and ran a lot of PnR sets with Romeo in their one year together.  Solid post game in college too if I remember.  Wasn’t much of a shooter — did most of his work near the basket.  His defense is very reminiscent of Grant — solid on the perimeter, good technique/BBIQ, but gets overwhelmed on the interior against length/size.  He’s really like a poor man’s Grant on both ends.

He’s the type of player I’ve advocated for on a 2-way.  Multi-positional, some experience who can give a few minutes in an emergency.  No one to get excited about, but potentially a useful pickup.

« Reply #1252 on: September 08, 2021, 11:50:38 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

He’s a power forward.  Good in college, and ran a lot of PnR sets with Romeo in their one year together.  Solid post game in college too if I remember.  Wasn’t much of a shooter — did most of his work near the basket.  His defense is very reminiscent of Grant — solid on the perimeter, good technique/BBIQ, but gets overwhelmed on the interior against length/size.  He’s really like a poor man’s Grant on both ends.

He’s the type of player I’ve advocated for on a 2-way.  Multi-positional, some experience who can give a few minutes in an emergency.  No one to get excited about, but potentially a useful pickup.

If that’s the case, this seems like a terrible addition. Lol.

« Reply #1253 on: September 08, 2021, 12:03:04 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

I am intentionally trying to temper enthusiasm, but I do think there are similarities and that Grant is the better player.  That said, PJ Tucker didn’t become a viable NBA player until he was 28.  Grant and Morgan both have some portion of his skill set, so if it clicks for either they could have long run in the NBA.  Morgan is a bit older than Grant, so maybe it clicks for him first?  (I do think people forget Grant is only 22, and are too hard on him.  Two lottery picks from this year’s draft are older.  But I also understand not wanting to wait 5 more years for it to click.)

« Reply #1254 on: September 08, 2021, 12:48:32 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

I am intentionally trying to temper enthusiasm, but I do think there are similarities and that Grant is the better player.  That said, PJ Tucker didn’t become a viable NBA player until he was 28.  Grant and Morgan both have some portion of his skill set, so if it clicks for either they could have long run in the NBA.  Morgan is a bit older than Grant, so maybe it clicks for him first?  (I do think people forget Grant is only 22, and are too hard on him.  Two lottery picks from this year’s draft are older.  But I also understand not wanting to wait 5 more years for it to click.)

Grant is never going to be a PJ Tucker type player. He simply doesn’t have the athleticism or lateral quickness and that is not going to change with age. At 35 years old PJ is still a Far superior athlete than Grant who is only 22. A player can be short for their position if they have the athleticism to make up for it, unfortunately for Grant he is short and un-athletic. That is not a recipe for success in the NBA.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:12:34 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #1255 on: September 08, 2021, 01:07:48 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Guy looks pretty fluid, comfortable, and / or skilled for a fringe NBA player:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7RGfw-9IQc

Morgan looks like a truck!  ;D

Looks like a good passer.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:17:49 PM by liam »

« Reply #1256 on: September 08, 2021, 01:16:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Guard Tremont Waters has agreed to a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Waters will compete for a roster spot in training camp, with the Bucks having open guaranteed and two-way slots. He spent his first two NBA seasons with Celtics.
6:52 PM · Sep 7, 2021

First Teague, then Semi, now Waters??? :P

It's almost like when OKC once had Harden, Westbrook and Durant and let that slip away.

It's just like that!!!  ;D

« Reply #1257 on: September 08, 2021, 01:25:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Grant is never going to be a PJ Tucker type player. He simply doesn’t have the athleticism or lateral quickness and that is not going to change with age. At 35 years old PJ is still a Far superior athlete than Grant who is only 22. A player can be short for their position if they have the athleticism to make up for it, unfortunately for Grant he is short and un-athletic. That is not a recipe for success in the NBA.

Grant is 6'5" with a 6'10" wingspan and Morgan is 6'8" with a 7'0" wingspan. Just fyi.

« Reply #1258 on: September 08, 2021, 01:30:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

On him starting in the playoffs.  Bogdanović didn't go to the bubble, Ed Davis missed the playoffs with an injury, and Mike Conley missed the first 2 games for the birth of his son (shifting Mitchell, Ingles, O'Neal down a position).  That's how he ended up starting.

Just goes to show how you might need those deep bench guys at some point.

« Reply #1259 on: September 08, 2021, 01:39:24 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237