Author Topic: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021  (Read 177851 times)

Re: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021
« Reply #1230 on: September 03, 2021, 05:26:31 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
ESPN Sources: Brooklyn is trading C DeAndre Jordan, four future-second round picks and $5.78M to Detroit for Jahlil Okafor and Sekou Doumbouya. Pistons plan to work through a buyout on two-years, $20M owed Jordan; Nets will save $47M in salary and tax on deal.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1231 on: September 03, 2021, 06:20:30 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
ESPN Sources: Brooklyn is trading C DeAndre Jordan, four future-second round picks and $5.78M to Detroit for Jahlil Okafor and Sekou Doumbouya. Pistons plan to work through a buyout on two-years, $20M owed Jordan; Nets will save $47M in salary and tax on deal.

4 future second round picks?

That is.... weirdly interesting.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1232 on: September 03, 2021, 06:25:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

How does that make the Nets better? I guess Jordan was just unplayable but is Okafor any kind of upgrade?

« Reply #1233 on: September 03, 2021, 06:30:30 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

How does that make the Nets better? I guess Jordan was just unplayable but is Okafor any kind of upgrade?
I think it's all about the money:
Nets will save $47M in salary and tax on deal.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1234 on: September 03, 2021, 06:36:50 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
"If Jordan reaches free agency, the Los Angeles Lakers will be a serious contender to sign him, sources said."

BFD if true. /s

« Reply #1235 on: September 03, 2021, 06:40:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I think it's all about the money:
Nets will save $47M in salary and tax on deal.

That is a lot of money. And they are replacing him with Aldridge for nothing.

« Reply #1236 on: September 03, 2021, 06:42:22 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I never said it'd make the Nets better, just thought it's a ton of picks - even 2nd rounders - to give up to dump a player.

But if DJ wasn't in their playoff rotation and Jahlil can add a different dimension to their offense with his post scoring ability, maybe the trade off is worth it.

So as I said originally... It's interesting.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #1237 on: September 03, 2021, 07:04:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I never said it'd make the Nets better, just thought it's a ton of picks - even 2nd rounders - to give up to dump a player.

But if DJ wasn't in their playoff rotation and Jahlil can add a different dimension to their offense with his post scoring ability, maybe the trade off is worth it.

So as I said originally... It's interesting.

I didn't say you said that, I was wondering how it made the nets better but as someone pointed out it's probably just a money move. The Nets also got Aldrige for nothing.

« Reply #1238 on: September 06, 2021, 09:15:08 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adrian Wojnarowski: Free agent F Alize Johnson has agreed on a two-year, $3.6M deal with the Chicago Bulls, his agent @George Langberg tells ESPN. The Bulls had a need for power forward depth and roster offers some real opportunity for Johnson.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1239 on: September 07, 2021, 11:00:28 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Guard Tremont Waters has agreed to a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Waters will compete for a roster spot in training camp, with the Bucks having open guaranteed and two-way slots. He spent his first two NBA seasons with Celtics.
6:52 PM · Sep 7, 2021

« Reply #1240 on: September 07, 2021, 11:08:51 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
Guard Tremont Waters has agreed to a deal with the Milwaukee Bucks, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Waters will compete for a roster spot in training camp, with the Bucks having open guaranteed and two-way slots. He spent his first two NBA seasons with Celtics.

First Teague, then Semi, now Waters??? :P
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1241 on: September 07, 2021, 11:09:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

I wish them all luck!

« Reply #1242 on: September 07, 2021, 11:11:12 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

I wish them all luck!

Would have been nice if they were the ones who got Tacko too!

« Reply #1243 on: September 08, 2021, 12:03:16 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
The Cleveland Cavaliers have agreed to a one-year, non-guaranteed deal with 7-foot-5 center Tacko Fall, agents Bill Duffy and Justin Haynes of
@BDA_Sports
 told @TheAthletic@Stadium. Fall played his first two NBA seasons in Boston.
5th string?

I think it can convert to a 2-way.

I still think it’d do the team some good to sign IT. Even if he never sees the floor (with Pritchard Smart Schroder all ahead of him on the depth chart for pg), if he can teach guys how to get to the FT line consistently, that’d be huge.

Although, if he’s going to be a bad locker room presence, then yeah, pass. His best value is mentorship and good karma
- LilRip

« Reply #1244 on: September 08, 2021, 08:14:05 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

It's almost like when OKC once had Harden, Westbrook and Durant and let that slip away.