Author Topic: What’s next ?  (Read 17611 times)

Re: What’s next ?
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2021, 05:48:36 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 6
Let’s hep Cleveland move Love

Boston gets Love,Sexton and Mobley

Cleveland gets Horford, Richardson and Dunn

I can dream can’t I

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2021, 06:08:32 AM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Maybe we can help facilitate a trade with Sacramento and Philadelphia . Sac wants B Simmons, they are over the cap. Maybe we can get Hield and/or Bagley

« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2021, 08:55:42 AM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Maybe Bagley and Halliburton

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2021, 09:12:31 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I do think Cleveland might move Sexton to unload Love, but they are going to need real value back and there is no way Mobley is also in that trade.

As for your other idea, I don't think there is any realistic way for Boston to get involved that actually makes sense for Sacramento or Philly unless Philly would rather have cap space and a late 1st then someone like Bagley. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2021, 09:23:55 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I do think Cleveland might move Sexton to unload Love, but they are going to need real value back and there is no way Mobley is also in that trade.

As for your other idea, I don't think there is any realistic way for Boston to get involved that actually makes sense for Sacramento or Philly unless Philly would rather have cap space and a late 1st then someone like Bagley.

Exactly, the conversation starts with Fox, Bagley, and a bunch of picks for Simmons.  Now maybe Philly would prefer Richardson over Bagley and we can get involved that way but I don't see any of this going anywhere.

The Simmons deal that I am keeping an eye on is him going to WAS for Beal.  Beal would have to want out, and so far it doesn't look like he does, but this would make Philly much better.  Beal would be perfect with Embiid.

« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2021, 04:39:30 PM »

Offline testy

• NCE
  • Joe Mazzulla
Looking around the internet, K Oubre and J Collins being floated around, interesting

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2021, 05:04:25 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Exactly, the conversation starts with Fox, Bagley, and a bunch of picks for Simmons.  Now maybe Philly would prefer Richardson over Bagley and we can get involved that way but I don't see any of this going anywhere.

The Simmons deal that I am keeping an eye on is him going to WAS for Beal.  Beal would have to want out, and so far it doesn't look like he does, but this would make Philly much better.  Beal would be perfect with Embiid.

Kings (and most of the rest of the league as of this point) value Fox higher than Simmons, so why all the picks?? Other way it would seem.

« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2021, 05:07:55 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Maybe we can help facilitate a trade with Sacramento and Philadelphia . Sac wants B Simmons, they are over the cap. Maybe we can get Hield and/or Bagley

I don't think we can fit Hield in our TPE and I've been iffy on him in the past. If he would fit he would be a good floor stretcher for the defense team we have now.

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2021, 08:15:40 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I've seen a couple stories about the Celtics interest in Lavine.  This may be something to watch, specially this year since he is unrestricted at the end of the year.  We have the 17M TPE but do we have the ability next year to make him a MAX?

I might prefer him to Beal anyway, although Beal does bring the Tatum connection.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2021, 08:37:26 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
I've seen a couple stories about the Celtics interest in Lavine.  This may be something to watch, specially this year since he is unrestricted at the end of the year.  We have the 17M TPE but do we have the ability next year to make him a MAX?

I might prefer him to Beal anyway, although Beal does bring the Tatum connection.

Yes, that is out there.  I was very surprised.  I don't see how it would work trading him to Boston or why for either team.  Chicago could potentially trade him to Philly for Simmons or maybe even to WAS for Beal if they really want to trade him which seems unlikely.  He is their star, why trade him?  The logical thing is to play this season, with all the new players, and see what you have.  It could be a really good team with:

Ball
Lavine
DeRozan
Williams
Vucevic

That team has scoring, passing, size, defense.  It is really very well balanced and complete.  Why break that up before it has even had a chance to play together?

« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742

I think the thing the Celtics are setting themselves up for is to be able to sign-and-trade for a max guy instead of outright sign one and I do think they've put themselves in position to do that with Horford, Richardson, and very little else.

As for Lavine, I've also seen that but I think the only reason his name is coming up is because of the way his contract is now, he's one of the few stars who are definitely going into free agency and that puts pressure on Chicago. So his name is going to get attached to any team active in the market right now.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2021, 12:53:17 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

I think the thing the Celtics are setting themselves up for is to be able to sign-and-trade for a max guy instead of outright sign one and I do think they've put themselves in position to do that with Horford, Richardson, and very little else.

As for Lavine, I've also seen that but I think the only reason his name is coming up is because of the way his contract is now, he's one of the few stars who are definitely going into free agency and that puts pressure on Chicago. So his name is going to get attached to any team active in the market right now.

It will be interesting to see how patient they are. As we all know, not all max guys are equal.