Author Topic: NBA Lottery tonight  (Read 8235 times)

Re: NBA Lottery tonight
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2021, 10:44:39 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Too bad Joe Dumars is not around to see if he can redeem himself.

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2021, 10:53:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Really interested to see what the Magic do with 5 and 8. Could really beef up their wing stocks
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2021, 11:15:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I just watched some Evan Mobley highlights -- my god! What a player he is!

The size, the speed, the body control. The ball-handling, passing, the finishing ability. The willingness to defend & rebound. Incredible talent. Wow.

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2021, 11:40:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

The size, the speed, the body control. The ball-handling, passing, the finishing ability. The willingness to defend & rebound. Incredible talent. Wow.
Reminds me of Chris Bosh on offence with how fluid he is. Obviously bigger though.

Defensively he's ideal for pairing next to Wood (I'm assuming Cunningham goes 1st). His ability to defend the perimeter for his size is awesome. Only big with similar perimeter defence is Garuba, but he's a lot smaller.

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2021, 11:42:55 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Yet ESPN has him dropping to 3rd pick. Says Houston will take Green at 2. I guess because they have Wood?

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2021, 11:45:53 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Yet ESPN has him dropping to 3rd pick. Says Houston will take Green at 2. I guess because they have Wood?
I would pair him with Wood, and I'm a big fan of Green. Just think that would be such a match-up problem without being weak defensively. Wood is an average defender, but not actually bad.

I do feel like Houston could get too worried about forcing Wood to be a 5 exclusively. Cavs would be super happy, wouldn't have to pay Jarrett Allen anything!

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2021, 11:48:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Evan Mobley to Boston…make it happen Brad.

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2021, 11:52:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Brown for #2!!!

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2021, 12:05:30 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
110% Rockets pick Jalen Green.

Fertitta will want Green regardless of the GM’s opinion, Tilman just looks like that type of guy who would overrule his team managers. Green is flashy, marketable and will have his fair share of highlights, everything Mr. ‘Shut Up and Listen’ (title of Tilman’s book) would love.

The problem with Green for me is he has lots of red flags. He invented his own logo when he was still in early high school and even had it made into merchandise, which is a huge red flag. I’ve watched him for a while and he definitely has tunnel vision, usually looking to score on the court and only passes when he gets stuck. IMO he could be easily be another Zach LaVine which is good but not what you want from a top pick.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 12:21:15 AM by Ed Monix »
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2021, 01:36:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Fertitta will want Green regardless of the GM’s opinion, Tilman just looks like that type of guy who would overrule his team managers. Green is flashy, marketable and will have his fair share of highlights, everything Mr. ‘Shut Up and Listen’ (title of Tilman’s book) would love.

The problem with Green for me is he has lots of red flags. He invented his own logo when he was still in early high school and even had it made into merchandise, which is a huge red flag. I’ve watched him for a while and he definitely has tunnel vision, usually looking to score on the court and only passes when he gets stuck. IMO he could be easily be another Zach LaVine which is good but not what you want from a top pick.

Tunnel vision and other red flags yet 110 percent sure Rockets pick him? Dont they already have Porter Jr.  for this?

Rockets should pick Mobely imo

Or Suggs

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2021, 01:45:08 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell

Tunnel vision and other red flags yet 110 percent sure Rockets pick him? Dont they already have Porter Jr.  for this?

Or Suggs

Green is extremely talented, hypothetically if he was to reach his absolute ceiling he could resemble a young Kobe Bryant. The problem is the red flags he has are usually ignored by owners who want flash over someone like Suggs or Mobley. Mobley will need lots of development too but IMO he has the highest ceiling of all the top talent, the guy could be as good as Anthony Davis.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 01:50:21 AM by Ed Monix »

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2021, 01:56:04 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Evan Mobley to Boston…make it happen Brad.

I wish haha but the only way that is happening is for Jaylen Brown and if we give up Brown we might as well start the clock on losing Tatum.

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2021, 02:12:13 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Cs should have tanked.

I like Suggs, Mobely and Mitchell

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2021, 03:13:09 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Or Suggs
What other red flags? He averaged 3 assists per game in the G-League, and had a positive assist:turnover ratio. Neither of those things say tunnel vision

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2021, 09:24:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Reminds me of Chris Bosh on offence with how fluid he is. Obviously bigger though.

Defensively he's ideal for pairing next to Wood (I'm assuming Cunningham goes 1st). His ability to defend the perimeter for his size is awesome. Only big with similar perimeter defence is Garuba, but he's a lot smaller.

Yeah, Mobley reminds me of Bosh too. Bigger yes. Better bounce too. Light off his feet. Quicker leaper, multiple jumps. Exciting physical gifts.

The other guy Mobley reminded me of was Vin Baker - how he handled the ball. How well he used his body to protect the ball. How strong he was driving the basketball. He had moves, crossovers. He could take guys off the dribble. And of course the quickness to get by people. And spin moves. The ability to change directions, to maintain balance while still controlling the ball and doing so in traffic. Rare skills for a 7 footer.

Vin Baker was one of those bigs with a late growth spurt. I forget what size he was. 6-5 or 6-7 when he started college (SG or SF size). He grew to 6-11 (barefeet) but he kept all those perimeter skills. His ball-handling, agility & body control were amazing for a guy his size. So difficult for opposing bigs to stay in front of. And if you put a smaller guy on him, he was big enough to punish them physically.

And the passing skills. The ball-handling and the passing of Mobley is already far beyond anything Chris Bosh was capable of at his peak.

It so rare to see a 7 footer with those ball-handling and passing skills. Especially with those physical gifts and a willingness to play inside too.

He is a bit passive unassuming so I say willingness to play inside rather than physically overwhelming / overpowering people with his size and athleticism. He likes to out-skill people. Maybe he grows out of it, maybe he doesn't. But that to me looks like the difference in him becoming a top 10 talent to an MVP candidate. How much he can improve that aggressiveness / assertiveness.

Out-skilling people is good but you are also 7 foot and highly athletic. Sometimes it easier more efficient to just overwhelm people physically and athletically. If he can figure that out, he goes into a whole other stratosphere. That is the Anthony Davis stratosphere rather than the Bosh - Aldridge - Baker stratosphere.