Author Topic: Name your draft binky!  (Read 10648 times)

Name your draft binky!
« on: June 05, 2021, 12:27:16 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Doesn't matter who, just name them and why you feel they would be a good fit for the Celtics.

I feel the Celtics lack an athletic big who can stay healthy and defend the rim.

Now I know Rob Williams has been coming on lately but who knows if he will still be here when the dust settles.

Have a feeling that Stevens will make some big moves and he never has seemed to be a Rob Williams fan.

May I present the new Celtics PF/C of the future Kai Jones.

Jump out of the gym athleticism.  Can easily switch to bother perimeter shots.  Can rebound, nasty physicality with above the rim game, and can hit the occasional outside shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMsL5EBi_0

He might be around in the middle part of the 1st round.  He's raw but there's a lot of physical tools and potential.

Pro comparison Jaren Jackson Jr.  Scout Article:
https://leaguealertsofficial.com/2021/04/15/kai-jones-may-be-the-biggest-underdog-in-this-years-nba-draft/

Re: Name your draft binky!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 12:50:32 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
My list right now is Moses Moody, Josh Giddey, Marcus Garrett. I'm still checking out prospects but these are the guys I'd like to add. Marcus Garrett probably won't get drafted so he'd be good training camp invite.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 01:08:07 AM by liam »

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 10:20:56 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Tres Mann.  I think he could be a great PG/SG.  Has a tremendous feel.  Nice handle. Sweet step back 3.  Good size at 6'5".  Can create his own shot and also make plays for other guys. 

I know there are a few power forward types in this draft that are intriguing, but i feel our top priority with this pick is to find our future starting point guard.  Kemba is not the answer. Smart may be able to handle in the interim, but not long term solution.

This creates a glut of players at the 6'4" to 6'6" range on our roster.  I realize we need more size.  But a crafty, skilled tall guard who can shoot lights out and make plays has to be a top priority. I think he will make Tatum and Brown better, and relieve them from some playmaking and ball handling responsibility.  A rookie power forward, unless he is already very skilled, is not going to have much impact on wins for a while. By the time he does, it may be too late.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2021, 10:41:55 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
A true center!!!! No matter who it is
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2021, 11:09:30 AM »

Offline showtime

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 20
Kai Jones or Isaiah Jackson.

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2021, 11:16:30 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Like a few already named my favorite by range.
1-4 Mobley, should be a excellent big.

5-8 Green or Kuminga

9-12 Moody, feels like he is guaranteed to be successful.

13-16 feel like you have to take Jackson or Jones to get a upside big.

17-25  I see a lot of possible big pgs with size so Mann or Springer.

25-33 I'm reaching for Jay Huff. The guy could be a good starter like Nurkic or a life time backup like Kornet. Any big that can make a roster past rookie contract are end of first round talents IMO so don't mind the reach.

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 11:19:02 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
POBOBS will follow the ainge strategy i am sure. you never draft for position or need. you draft for talent. why pick up a center destined for mediocrity because they are a center, when you could instead pick a play with greater talent and upside?

besides, haven't we all learned that the vast majority of young centers taken in the mid to late-lottery take 2-3 years to develop?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2021, 11:25:11 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
POBOBS will follow the ainge strategy i am sure. you never draft for position or need. you draft for talent. why pick up a center destined for mediocrity because they are a center, when you could instead pick a play with greater talent and upside?

besides, haven't we all learned that the vast majority of young centers taken in the mid to late-lottery take 2-3 years to develop?
Hahaha...you're the 2nd person I saw using my nickname for Stevens. That's hilarious. TP.

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 11:29:40 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Top 10: S Barnes, I think he is going to be a special winning player

10-20: J Springer, solid floor with an underrated ceiling. Still 18 at draft and I project him to have a Jrue Holiday like skill set. Outside chance that he grows a couple more inches (dad 6’9 , older brothers 6’7).

20-40: T Murphy potential to go much higher ideal wing size at 6’9 7’1 ws late growth spurt and shooting could make him steal of draft.

2nd: J Huff great skill set for NBA big underrated athlete.

UDFA: Yves Pons Elite athlete who is a 3pt shot away from an nba role
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2021, 11:29:51 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
He'll be gone but I love Davion Mitchell.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2021, 11:31:51 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Cs need a legit PG.  Smart and the 16 pick to hopefully move up and grab one.  Missing Haliburton last year was tough.  I'd love some length at the position.  Done with tiny PGs.  Want length that can shoot and play D. 

Giddey or springer for me.  Springer can play pg and reminds me of Mitchell from the jazz.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 12:20:57 PM by tonydelk »

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2021, 11:34:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Franz Wagner and Scottie Barnes are my binkies but I don't see either being available.  I think both have a really great chance of becoming, at the very least, an All-Star level caliber of player.

Later in the draft, I like Isaiah Jackson. Yeah, he's a lot like Timelord, but the ceiling is high even if the chance he becomes nothing is pretty good.

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2021, 12:29:24 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
The Celtics don't need more young guys...the youth on this team needs to be shored up with some vets.

I would ultimately prefer getting veteran frontcourt help, but, I love the draft and thus will hope for the Turkish Center Sengun, he's got no lift, not much of a handle and he's 18 years old....further issues have him going to the Hornets at #11 which means we should have lost to the Hornets so WE could get the 11th pick...I'm oversimplifying here.

Next, I will borrow one on "Nick's picks" which sounds like a great title for an NBA draft website...Nick...

Kai Jones 6'11" Texas, got a decent handle...kind of "bouncy" and...drum roll please...he shoots threes!

A longish PF type who hits threes? Gimme some of that please.

BTW, as Danny is no longer influencing draft decisions, is this the end of the "smallish streaky combo guard" era? I think we have enough on our roster to keep us going for some time now.

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2021, 12:36:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Franz Wagner and Scottie Barnes are my binkies but I don't see either being available.  I think both have a really great chance of becoming, at the very least, an All-Star level caliber of player.

Later in the draft, I like Isaiah Jackson. Yeah, he's a lot like Timelord, but the ceiling is high even if the chance he becomes nothing is pretty good.

What do you think about Sengun? He's not a shooter but he's like Sabonis lite.

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2021, 12:59:55 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
None in our range. Dud of a draft. I'd love to move up a few slots to take Wagner, but i just don't think they have the ammo to do that.