Author Topic: Nets (2-1) at Celtics (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 5/30/21  (Read 53251 times)

Re: Nets (2-1) at Celtics (1-2) Round 1 Game 4 5/30/21
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2021, 11:46:00 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
If we were to win this game ,  I d know how David felt when he kicked Goliath can .

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2021, 11:50:20 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
TP FL.  let's get another win tonight

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2021, 12:58:40 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Anyone going to the game tonight?   We need some new material to throw at Kyrie. Maybe, “You’re a sidekick” or “Kyrie’s a sidekick”. I think that would annoy the hell out of him.

Edit: “Where is Kyrie” could work too, for him skipping games since he wasn’t “up for it” throughout out the season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/nnsini/nets_right_now/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2021, 01:01:07 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
Anyone going to the game tonight?   We need some new material to throw at Kyrie. Maybe, “You’re a sidekick” or “Kyrie’s a sidekick”. I think that would annoy the hell out of him.

Edit: “Where is Kyrie” could work too, for him skipping games since he wasn’t “up for it” throughout out the season.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bostonceltics/comments/nnsini/nets_right_now/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I would be careful playing with fire.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2021, 01:58:49 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

That is excellent..Haha!.  :D
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2021, 05:37:38 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Kemba now doubtful for Game 4.

Kemba is a good guy, but he's got to go this summer. All that sitting out during the season leading to a lower seed, and he still can't even stay healthy for the playoffs. Just a frustrating tenure with the Celtics.

Granted - how he played on Friday this may be a good sign for us.

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2021, 05:41:21 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Kemba is a good guy, but he's got to go this summer. All that sitting out during the season leading to a lower seed, and he still can't even stay healthy for the playoffs. Just a frustrating tenure with the Celtics.

Addition by subtraction in the short-term, he was shocking last game. A starting lineup of Smart-Langford-Fournier-Tatum-Thompson suits me
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2021, 05:48:42 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

Addition by subtraction in the short-term, he was shocking last game. A starting lineup of Smart-Langford-Fournier-Tatum-Thompson suits me

Now I agree.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2021, 05:59:18 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Now I agree.

Now officially out. Frustrating. But it should improve the defense and give them less of a guy to pick on offensively.

Timelord is also out, though that was expected.

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2021, 06:03:26 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Now I agree.

Now officially out. Frustrating. But it should improve the defense and give them less of a guy to pick on offensively.

Is waters getting the start?

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2021, 06:12:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Now I agree.

Hopefully Grant continues where he left off. 32 minutes for TT and 16 for Grant at the 5 would be alright with me.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2021, 06:13:50 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am

Me too. You can't beat the Nets with your offense. The only way is to play way better defense.
Hopefully Langford can make some open shots again. Pritchard will need to hold his own on the court when he's up against Irving. Other guys to play tonight: Nesmith, Ojeleye and Grant Williams? Or Parker?

I'm sorry Liam: but this is not Waters-time (I can't see that going well).

Smart (36) - Pritchard (12)
Langford (28) - Nesmith (24)
Fournier (36) - Ojeleye (16)
Tatum (40)
Thompson (32) - G.Williams (16)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 06:19:46 PM by RodyTur10 »

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2021, 06:15:33 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175

Me too. You can't beat the Nets with your offense. The only way is to play way better defense.
Hopefully Langford can make some open shots again. Pritchard will need to hold his own on the court when he's up against Irving. Other guys to play tonight: Nesmith, Ojeleye and Grant Williams?

I'm sorry Liam: but this is not Waters-time (I can't see that going well).

I was wondering because Brad has done it in the past. I'd rather have the bigger defender on the floor.

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2021, 06:17:42 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Now I agree.

Is waters getting the start?

If they're looking for less of a guy to pick on defensively Waters would hardly be the guy  :police:

I have a feeling it will be either Pritchard if they want to have an offensive player, or Edwards if they want someone to just follow Cryrie around defensively. Or they may have Smartacus play the 1 and have Langford or Nesmith start for defensive purposes.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2021, 06:17:51 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Is game on TNT