Author Topic: NFL 2021 Season  (Read 173144 times)

Re: NFL 2021 Season
« Reply #375 on: September 20, 2021, 06:36:03 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
So which team is stopping the Bucs this year?
Rams & 49ees are only team..Rodgers not even trying in Green Bay…
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #376 on: September 20, 2021, 11:32:35 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Yeah, I just don’t see Jimmy G beating Brady in a playoff game. Apparently SF doesn’t either, since they gave up a ton of picks to move up and grab Trey Lance. Wasn’t super impressed with the Rams defense on Sunday either and I don’t trust Stafford to perform under pressure. The team that I’d give the best odds to is the Chiefs, even though they lost last night. Bucs most likely repeat, though.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #377 on: September 20, 2021, 12:28:08 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Yeah, I just don’t see Jimmy G beating Brady in a playoff game. Apparently SF doesn’t either, since they gave up a ton of picks to move up and grab Trey Lance. Wasn’t super impressed with the Rams defense on Sunday either and I don’t trust Stafford to perform under pressure. The team that I’d give the best odds to is the Chiefs, even though they lost last night. Bucs most likely repeat, though.
It is a long season.  Obviously the Bucs need to be near the top of any odds lists, but it is 2 weeks.  I expect the Rams to beat them next week and that too won't mean much of anything.  Let's give 7 or 8 weeks and see what teams look like before we go pronouncing teams as unbeatable (or near unbeatable), especially teams with a QB who is doing unprecedented things because of his age.  The Bucs certainly have a good team on paper, but they also are prone to mistakes and their defense often gives up a lot of yards (at least last year they did).  Depending on match-ups they might be just as likely to lose their first playoff game as even making the Superbowl, let along winning it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #378 on: September 23, 2021, 04:29:10 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Brady’s mouthpiece giving out some bulletin board material. Can’t wait for this game....

"It was like Bill never really ... I think his emotions or feelings never evolved with age," Guerrero told the Boston Herald on Wednesday. "As Tom got into his late 30s or early 40s, I think Bill was still trying to treat him like that 20-year-old kid that he drafted. And all the players, I think, realized Tom was different. He's older, so he should be treated differently. And all the players, none of them would have cared that he was treated differently.

"I think that was such a Bill thing. He never evolved. So you can't treat someone who's in his 40s like they're 20. It doesn't work."

"People could have made different choices, and they could have rode out into the sunset together. That could have been a pretty cool story too," Guerrero told the Boston Herald.

Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #379 on: September 23, 2021, 04:44:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Brady’s mouthpiece giving out some bulletin board material. Can’t wait for this game....

"It was like Bill never really ... I think his emotions or feelings never evolved with age," Guerrero told the Boston Herald on Wednesday. "As Tom got into his late 30s or early 40s, I think Bill was still trying to treat him like that 20-year-old kid that he drafted. And all the players, I think, realized Tom was different. He's older, so he should be treated differently. And all the players, none of them would have cared that he was treated differently.

"I think that was such a Bill thing. He never evolved. So you can't treat someone who's in his 40s like they're 20. It doesn't work."

"People could have made different choices, and they could have rode out into the sunset together. That could have been a pretty cool story too," Guerrero told the Boston Herald.

There is no way Guerrero could know that the teammates would be okay with TB12 getting special treatment. That has, historically, tended to really p*** off athletes
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2021, 12:31:34 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
How 'bout Sam Darnold? 3-0 as a Panthers, currently the best team in the league record-wise.

Maybe the Bucs have some competition to worry about in their own division- not the Saints, not the Falcons, but the surprising Panthers.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #381 on: September 24, 2021, 12:35:03 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White

I fully expect Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski to steamroll Bill Belichick and Mac Jones in Foxboro in that Sunday Night game. It'll probably top off some of the Superbowl games viewership-wise.

« Reply #382 on: September 24, 2021, 05:04:57 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

There is no way Guerrero could know that the teammates would be okay with TB12 getting special treatment. That has, historically, tended to really p*** off athletes
It would depend on what the special treatment was.  If it was reasonable I doubt it would p--- off the other players.  Superstar players generally get special treatment. 

« Reply #383 on: September 24, 2021, 08:05:26 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

It would depend on what the special treatment was.  If it was reasonable I doubt it would p--- off the other players.  Superstar players generally get special treatment.
Not in football, for the most part. It's a very different culture when talking about special treatment and in comparison to other sports.

« Reply #384 on: September 26, 2021, 02:42:37 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Our O-Line is bad, but I don't know what the hell McDaniels even does anymore. Just dumb screen passes, runs right into the defense in obvious run-situations, etc.

You're telling me Belichick or another OC they hire can't be doing the same thing??

That final drive of the half is what they should be doing more. Spreading it out, letting Mac sling it and driving down the field. Though of course that basically ended with a run basically into the defense on a 3rd and 1. Thanks Josh!  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #385 on: September 26, 2021, 03:51:00 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Is it me or do the Chiefs look very beatable this season, fully exposed by other teams? In previous years they've always looked like an otherworldly team...able to steamroll teams and stuff

« Reply #386 on: September 26, 2021, 03:56:37 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Mac Jones is supposed to be an accurate, heady player. He was neither of those today vs the Saints.

Given his limited physical tools ( height, arm strength and speed all very limited), he needs to bring both his accuracy and headiness to EVERY game, or he will continue to suck as he did today.

« Reply #387 on: September 26, 2021, 04:11:36 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Chargers with the stunning upset in Arrowhead, silenced Mahomes and the fans 30-24!

The two AFC West teams are going to be good and fun for years to come now.

« Reply #388 on: September 26, 2021, 04:22:24 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Mac Jones is supposed to be an accurate, heady player. He was neither of those today vs the Saints.

Given his limited physical tools ( height, arm strength and speed all very limited), he needs to bring both his accuracy and headiness to EVERY game, or he will continue to suck as he did today.

Jones wasn't great. But that Jonnu Smith drop leading to that gift Pick 6 was atrocious and basically gave the game to the Saints. Also, I'm really not sure what McDaniels even does here. All those screen passes, dumb runs right into the defense, etc. WHY??

When they let Jones spread the field and let him sling it, that's when we had some of our best drives today on offense. Moving down the field, getting to manageable 3rd downs, etc.

What really sums it up though is, Saints get a 7-minute TD drive in the 4th, while the Pats had a 9-minute drive ending in a FG where they passed their way to the redzone then ran two dumb running plays to kill a chance at a TD. Summed it up.

I actually don't really blame the defense today either. They aren't elite, but the thing is the turnovers, punt block and offense having a bunch of 3-and-outs clearly didn't help them today. They clearly looked gassed at the end but the only reason it was even 21-6 and 21-13 for a while was because of them. NO could have easily had like 35+ today
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #389 on: September 26, 2021, 05:19:23 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Jones wasn't great. But that Jonnu Smith drop leading to that gift Pick 6 was atrocious and basically gave the game to the Saints. Also, I'm really not sure what McDaniels even does here. All those screen passes, dumb runs right into the defense, etc. WHY??

When they let Jones spread the field and let him sling it, that's when we had some of our best drives today on offense. Moving down the field, getting to manageable 3rd downs, etc.

What really sums it up though is, Saints get a 7-minute TD drive in the 4th, while the Pats had a 9-minute drive ending in a FG where they passed their way to the redzone then ran two dumb running plays to kill a chance at a TD. Summed it up.

I actually don't really blame the defense today either. They aren't elite, but the thing is the turnovers, punt block and offense having a bunch of 3-and-outs clearly didn't help them today. They clearly looked gassed at the end but the only reason it was even 21-6 and 21-13 for a while was because of them. NO could have easily had like 35+ today
I have been over McDaniels for about 5 years. He's obsessed with cutesy playcalling
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)