Author Topic: Red Sox refunds coming. Celtics?  (Read 2430 times)

Red Sox refunds coming. Celtics?
« on: April 30, 2020, 11:52:09 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I'm a first-year STH for the Red Sox and I'm not quite as impressed with their infrastructure as I am for the Celtics.

But the Sox managed to send me a notice yesterday offering me a choice of my money back for missed games or an additional 10% if I kept it as a credit for next year. They say that payments will go out in mid-May.

Why is it that the Celtics are still waiting for the season to be "officially" cancelled? Other than, of course, because they can.

Mike

Re: Red Sox refunds coming. Celtics?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 01:22:20 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
yea i'm with you on the delay from the celtics with communication. I guess i'm not concerned since it'll just be a credit towards next year.

That being said what I am concerned about is an increase in ticket cost next year and an obvious sign that interest will be low because of COVID.. not just with the Celtics but any live event. 

Re: Red Sox refunds coming. Celtics?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2020, 05:31:28 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Got my email today, and the Celtics are doing what the Red Sox did. Refund to form of payment, or 10% bonus credit to carry it over.

I think that there will be a mixed response to live events until we have a vaccine. Hoping for a surge in demand after that.

Mike