Author Topic: Coronavirus Concerns  (Read 458224 times)

Re: Coronavirus Concerns
« Reply #6015 on: September 15, 2021, 08:59:17 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 1371
  • What a Pub Should Be
Ugh....so apparently, we've reached the point where 1 in every 500 Americans has died of Covid-19.  Not a milestone to be proud of.  Pretty infuriating if you think about it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/09/15/covid-pandemic-vaccinations-masks-biden-administation/8340559002/

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6016 on: September 15, 2021, 09:46:55 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 499
I found this posted in the comment section of a news story.  I think this pretty much sums it up.  The vaccine doesn't work and isn't needed because not that many people will die anyway.

As I type this there are millions of Americans who are ready to listen to Fauci and Biden, ready to take their 3rd injection of an experimental 'vaccine' that obviously doesn't work. Desperate people do desperate things but the difference is this time it's for a virus where more than 99% of infected people recover and many of the infected show no sign of being ill at all.

« Reply #6017 on: September 15, 2021, 11:35:57 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• Robert Williams
  • Tommy Points: 11
I found this posted in the comment section of a news story.  I think this pretty much sums it up.  The vaccine doesn't work and isn't needed because not that many people will die anyway.

As I type this there are millions of Americans who are ready to listen to Fauci and Biden, ready to take their 3rd injection of an experimental 'vaccine' that obviously doesn't work. Desperate people do desperate things but the difference is this time it's for a virus where more than 99% of infected people recover and many of the infected show no sign of being ill at all.

I find that quote to be a heartless and common response. Imagine if cancer patients and their families had to deal with people calling it a hoax. Many who lost someone would be offended by this.

« Reply #6018 on: September 15, 2021, 03:36:59 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1973

I find that quote to be a heartless and common response. Imagine if cancer patients and their families had to deal with people calling it a hoax. Many who lost someone would be offended by this.

We know that many in the early going of Covid followed Trump’s lead and minimized it -  called it the flu, suggested it will subside when the weather gets warm, downplayed or denied the numbers.    And we know that many continue to misrepresent reality in their assessment of the impact of this illness.  My question is, of the early deniers how many have remained steadfast and how many have witnessed the illness firsthand and subsequently changed their views. 

Of the remaining deniers (not anti-vaxers) I wonder if there is a single Biden voter.

« Reply #6019 on: September 15, 2021, 04:32:11 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Paul Silas
To add to the list of reasons not to get vaccinated. 

I am not sure what religious rights were taken away from Floridians last year and no, the COVID vaccine does not change anyone's RNA.  This is very dangerous political gamesmanship by DeSantis.  He invited this man to speak at what was essentially a rally and just let this stand, calculating that even though some people may believe this and die as a result, there is political advantage in it for him if people believe this.

"The vaccine changes your RNA, so, for me, that's a problem," the Gainesville man, Darris Friend, said from the podium. "They're taking away our freedom and liberty, little by little. They're using the vaccine for cover. Last year, they took away our religious rights, they're not defending our freedom of speech, and this is just one way to take us to the next step."

The crowd cheered as Friend left the podium, and the governor (DeSantis) said nothing to contradict his false claim, a spin-off of a conspiracy theory popular online that the vaccines alter a person's DNA. They do not - a point made repeatedly by scientists and public-health officials including at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

« Reply #6020 on: September 15, 2021, 04:42:01 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Paul Silas
From a former Republican Governor.  Upset that Biden is boring us "to death" (interesting choice of words under the current circumstances) with science.  So it is Biden's fault people aren't getting vaccinated.  Not someone like DeSantis who enables the spread of lies that vaccines alter people's RNA or that it is part of some plan to take away religious rights.

“When my mother wanted me to eat spinach, she didn’t try to tell me about the virtues of vitamin E. She told me Popeye ate spinach and I’d be strong like he was,” he said.

“Joe Biden needs to tell us the benefits rather than scaring the daylights out of us or boring us to death with a bunch of stuff where he says ‘follow the science,’” Huckabee added.

« Reply #6021 on: September 15, 2021, 04:42:11 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 1371
  • What a Pub Should Be

I am not sure what religious rights were taken away from Floridians last year and no, the COVID vaccine does not change anyone's RNA.  This is very dangerous political gamesmanship by DeSantis.  He invited this man to speak at what was essentially a rally and just let this stand, calculating that even though some people may believe this and die as a result, there is political advantage in it for him if people believe this.

"The vaccine changes your RNA, so, for me, that's a problem," the Gainesville man, Darris Friend, said from the podium. "They're taking away our freedom and liberty, little by little. They're using the vaccine for cover. Last year, they took away our religious rights, they're not defending our freedom of speech, and this is just one way to take us to the next step."

The crowd cheered as Friend left the podium, and the governor (DeSantis) said nothing to contradict his false claim, a spin-off of a conspiracy theory popular online that the vaccines alter a person's DNA. They do not - a point made repeatedly by scientists and public-health officials including at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Apparently, you must be unfamiliar with the Facebook School of Medicine and the Reddit Medical Institute.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6022 on: September 15, 2021, 04:42:55 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 756

It makes you wonder whether that comment is made by a) someone who is trolling for reactions; b) someone from Russia or China trying to stir up discord; or c) someone who genuinely believes what they are saying. I'm not sure which of the three is scarier.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #6023 on: September 15, 2021, 04:44:37 PM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1202
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

For gods sake
2021 Minnesota Timberwolves:
PG: Trae Young / Jamal Murray / Jordan Clarkson
SG: Bradley Beal / Terry Rozier
SF: Bogdan Bogdanovic / Will Barton / Saddiq Bey
PF: Harrison Barnes / Aaron Gordon
C: Joel Embiid / John Collins / Mason Plumlee

« Reply #6024 on: September 15, 2021, 04:48:05 PM »

Online nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8385
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Living in Florida, I gotta say, if a lot of people's DNA was changed in this state, it would most likely be a good thing.

« Reply #6025 on: September 15, 2021, 05:55:17 PM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Sam Jones

I would love to hear him actually explain what he thinks RNA is. I wonder if that's his stance on other RNA-based vaccinations, like Ebola and Zika.

I cannot fathom these people having large platforms. It has never been easier in human history to spread misinformation and scam people. Disgusts me

« Reply #6026 on: September 15, 2021, 06:20:47 PM »

Online Kiorrik

• Global Moderator
  • Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1215
  • pɹɐnƃ ʇuıod

Meanwhile 90% of people in the ICU are unvaccinated.

Come on man.

(sorry, just upset with humans here, again, obviously haha)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 04:44:03 AM by Kiorrik »

« Reply #6027 on: September 15, 2021, 06:29:22 PM »

Offline gouki88

• Global Moderator
  • Sam Jones

Meanwhile 90 of people in the ICU are unvaccinated.

Come on man.

It bothers me to no end. These 'truthers' latching on to the fatality rate when it is the infectiousness, particularly of strains such as Delta, which is the real problem. For all the comparisons to the influenza these people (liberal use of the term) make, I have always wanted to know their thoughts as to why the influenza has disappeared with all the social restrictions, yet COVID has not.

« Reply #6028 on: September 16, 2021, 08:25:10 AM »

Offline gift

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 254

Come on man.

Meanwhile 40-50% of unvaccinated who are hospitalized are either asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. And 90% of all unvaccinated are never hospitalized.

I get what you're saying. But try looking at it from a different perspective. I promise it'll help you. Some people want you to view this solely through the vaccinated/unvaccinated lens (a lot of people actually). That isn't the singular key factor. It is one of many. You're missing the best solutions if you focus so narrowly, especially with vaccination efficacy possibly waning. Those differences may become less and less.

« Reply #6029 on: September 16, 2021, 08:35:41 AM »

Offline jpd985

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40

Come on man.

At the MA hospital I work for, almost 30% of the patients are vaccinated.