Author Topic: Celtics (51-21) at Pacers (32-42) 3/28  (Read 106850 times)

Re: Celtics (51-21) at Pacers (32-42) 3/28
« Reply #450 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:18 PM »

Offline Green Hell

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
I'm new here so I probably should shut up... but this forum has an attitude problem.

Rondo sucks, Davis sucks, Kristic sucks... Bla bla bla
And guys really sucking like Allen and Green are hardly mentioned.
I don't get it

Ray has been useless since all star break. I have yet to see anything Jeff Green that warrants the talk of him supposedly being the best player in the deal. I believe we were blindly robbed in that trade.

Ray since the all-star game (prior to tonight):  16.2 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 46.6% FG%, 44.2% 3PT%. 

Those numbers might be down a bit, but they're not useless.

Until he decides to show up when it matters -- oh, like the NBA finals for instance -- than yeah, he is useless. I know it hurts everyones tender feelings for him, but Ray has been absolute **** when it counts.
Never stop believing baby~

« Reply #451 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This team is no longer feared. They are soft and in the toilet. Flush it and start over...I predict they win three more games the regular season

« Reply #452 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The trade is just an excuse for a lot of people but certainly not a cause.

So the slump coinciding with the trade, and the players talking about the loss of physicality and chemistry, is all just a big coincidence?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #453 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:49 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
People saying we wouldnt have won if Perk was playing are like people saying the Cavs would win wthout LeBron.

Perkins was by far the MVP of this team, even him sitting on the bench supporting and guiding his teammates on both ends is enough.

Perk on bench in suit = as valuable as LeBron on the court.

We got rid of our MVP and were seeing a crumbled team without their superstar.

« Reply #454 on: March 28, 2011, 09:52:29 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Well, Danny Granger just came out and said that we missed Perk, so at least somebody sees it.
well then, that settles it. always good to have the opinion of basketball analyst extraordinaire danny granger.

Yeah, there's definitely no need to trust the guys actually playing against us.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #455 on: March 28, 2011, 09:52:46 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Well, Danny Granger just came out and said that we missed Perk, so at least somebody sees it.

Everyone sees it except those with permanent green goggles.

« Reply #456 on: March 28, 2011, 09:53:53 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Personally all the trade talk is getting annoying, Perkins was our best player, we traded him for a young talented project, get over it.

No need to bring up Perkins every single loss, he was a superstar we all know it we dont need reminding.

« Reply #457 on: March 28, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
The trade is just an excuse for a lot of people but certainly not a cause.

So the slump coinciding with the trade, and the players talking about the loss of physicality and chemistry, is all just a big coincidence?

chemistry is one thing (back to your psyche comment).

but, to beat a dead horse, the Celtics were winning games without Perk at the start of the season.    I don't buy the physicality argument.

Edit: or at least, I don't buy that it's not something that can't be fixed with the addition of Shaq or JO.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #458 on: March 28, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
I'm new here so I probably should shut up... but this forum has an attitude problem.

I don't get it

Here's the thing, Juneauz.  A lot of people on this forum have been following this incarnation of the Celtics (and many other incarnations) for the last few years, especially closely the last 4-6 months.  They have done so with the deep seated belief that this team can win a championship.  Anything less than that will be a disappointment.  This is, for all intents and purposes, our last real shot at a title with this group.  After this year, it's lockout and then rebuilding time. 

So many people are getting really worked up and riled up and disgusted and embarrassed and ashamed because what they're seeing before their eyes is this team breaking down and falling short before they even get to the playoffs.  They're seeing happen again what they saw happen in the last half of last season leading up to the playoffs, which resulted in a loss in the Finals.  The team just ran out of gas last year.  Didn't have the legs, or the depth, or home court.  The window is closing, and #18 is slipping away.

In other words, this all may seem like a gross overreaction to one game, but the last month has been pretty brutal.  And it all appears to be a very ominous, disturbing sign of things to come.

I see what you're saying, PosImpos.
but I've been laughing and crying with the celtics just like you guys, in the last ten years. I don't miss a game, and I didn't miss one even when we were losing 20 in a row back in the days.
I'm frustrated just like you are, and I totally HATED the trade.
But what I don't get, is blaming always the same guys even when they play great, or never mention the "untachables" even when they play badly.

in the end, Danny Ainge is the one we should be really blaming for all of this.

But some guys here watch celtics games just to diss Rondo and BBD and will always do even if it makes no sense, just like today.

« Reply #459 on: March 28, 2011, 09:54:43 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

I don't get it

Ray has been useless since all star break. I have yet to see anything Jeff Green that warrants the talk of him supposedly being the best player in the deal. I believe we were blindly robbed in that trade.

Ray since the all-star game (prior to tonight):  16.2 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 46.6% FG%, 44.2% 3PT%. 

Those numbers might be down a bit, but they're not useless.

Until he decides to show up when it matters -- oh, like the NBA finals for instance -- than yeah, he is useless. I know it hurts everyones tender feelings for him, but Ray has been absolute **** when it counts.

I was just about to say he disappears when we need him. I couldn't care less about stats.

« Reply #460 on: March 28, 2011, 09:54:52 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
This team is no longer feared. They are soft and in the toilet. Flush it and start over...I predict they win three more games the regular season

There are 9 games left . . . they'll win 4, maybe 5.  It's still more wins than last season, I guess.  And probably #3 instead of #4.

That said, I thought in the last 20 games the Celtics were going to go 15-5.  Boy was I wrong.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #461 on: March 28, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
People saying we wouldnt have won if Perk was playing are like people saying the Cavs would win wthout LeBron.

Perkins was by far the MVP of this team, even him sitting on the bench supporting and guiding his teammates on both ends is enough.

Perk on bench in suit = as valuable as LeBron on the court.

We got rid of our MVP and were seeing a crumbled team without their superstar.

shhhh, it's quiet time now.

and no, Perk isn't our MVP but chemistry might've had a bigger effect than anyone could've predicted. and it may very well be the case that Perk's scowl was his most important asset.
- LilRip

« Reply #462 on: March 28, 2011, 09:55:31 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
well then, that settles it. always good to have the opinion of basketball analyst extraordinaire danny granger.

Yeah, there's definitely no need to trust the guys actually playing against us.

He went on to say they wanted to take advantage of Hibberts size over Baby. If Shaq or Jermaine played tonight he wouldnt have even mentioned us missing Perk.

« Reply #463 on: March 28, 2011, 09:55:34 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Personally all the trade talk is getting annoying, Perkins was our best player, we traded him for a young talented project, get over it.

No need to bring up Perkins every single loss, he was a superstar we all know it we dont need reminding.

see, that's the misconception i'm working on fixing.  it wasnt perkins who was the best player, it was Robinson.  Cs were fine all year long with or without Perkins.  But with the trade of Robinson, the wheels just fell off this thing....
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #464 on: March 28, 2011, 09:56:13 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
in the end, Danny Ainge is the one we should be really blaming for all of this.

Amen.  I love Danny and want to see his number retired, but he went for a home run when a single would have sufficed.