Author Topic: Celtics (51-21) at Pacers (32-42) 3/28  (Read 106851 times)

Re: Celtics (51-21) at Pacers (32-42) 3/28
« Reply #435 on: March 28, 2011, 09:46:44 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Well guys, at least they tried. Isn't that the most important thing?

Moral victories are for the Cavs, the Timberwolves and the Kings. Not us.

« Reply #436 on: March 28, 2011, 09:47:16 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
One thing I have noticed is the lack of being able to sustain the D all the way through the clock including through a blocked shot or an O rebound by the other team.  I saw a number of times when we got a block, but we can never seem to secure the tip/rebound off the block, or off the initial good defense.  Then the team ends up scoring a bunny layup.  We need to finish out playing tough D inside throughout the whole clock.  And we need to get more aggressive inside blocking out / pushing people out and then go get the ball.

Our interior D tonight really sucked.  I think Nenad will eventually figure out the scheme, but he still isn't a very good defensive rebounder.  KG and Baby were both pretty bad at this as well tonight.  Maybe with another big body it will get better.  You have to want to get to the ball, and we always seem to be a step late...

my 2cents

« Reply #437 on: March 28, 2011, 09:47:53 PM »

Offline Green Hell

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
I'm new here so I probably should shut up... but this forum has an attitude problem.

Rondo sucks, Davis sucks, Kristic sucks... Bla bla bla
And guys really sucking like Allen and Green are hardly mentioned.
I don't get it

Ray has been useless since all star break. I have yet to see anything Jeff Green that warrants the talk of him supposedly being the best player in the deal. I believe we were blindly robbed in that trade.

Ray has been useless for the past 2 years and if we had traded him at last years all-star break like we should have, we'd probably be looking for banner 19 right now.
Never stop believing baby~

« Reply #438 on: March 28, 2011, 09:48:20 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Just don't see this team flipping the switch this season. Going to have a lot of free time come may

« Reply #439 on: March 28, 2011, 09:48:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm new here so I probably should shut up... but this forum has an attitude problem.

I don't get it

Ray has been useless since all star break. I have yet to see anything Jeff Green that warrants the talk of him supposedly being the best player in the deal. I believe we were blindly robbed in that trade.

Ray since the all-star game (prior to tonight):  16.2 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 46.6% FG%, 44.2% 3PT%. 

Those numbers might be down a bit, but they're not useless.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #440 on: March 28, 2011, 09:48:38 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
HOW IS THIS TEAM SUPPOSED TO BEAT THE LAKERS IN LA??

We won't have that problem so don't worry.

« Reply #441 on: March 28, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Just gotta say it one more time:  Danny bamboozled Sam Presti.  Took him to the cleaners!

Roy, do you honestly think having Perk in there tonight would have won us the game?  Would this team be so much better?  How great would this team be with Delonte, Von Wafer, and Glen Davis as our primary bench players? 

The Celtics CAN'T SCORE.  Late in games, they lose leads because they can't score, particularly inside.  They start shooting jumpshots, and they stop scoring.  They play decent defense; they just can't score.  Perk WOULD NOT help with that.

The trade is not the culprit here.  The team just doesn't have what it takes to be great at the moment . . . the core pieces just aren't enough.  I don't know if fatigue and injuries from age and lack of depth is finally catching up to them or what, but what I'm seeing out there is a team that is just not on the same level as Chicago, LA, Dallas, San Antonio, or half of the other playoff-bound teams. 

Blame the trade if you like, but it's a weak excuse.  I think Danny saw this coming, and tried to do something about it, but it was too late.  The window is slamming shut before our eyes.  We should all just be thankful it was even open as long as it was.

If the trade is not the culprit here, then the earthquake in Japan was not the culprit for the tsunami.

« Reply #442 on: March 28, 2011, 09:48:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Well, Danny Granger just came out and said that we missed Perk, so at least somebody sees it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #443 on: March 28, 2011, 09:48:57 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Second round exit

That's an improvement over the playoffs prediction you'd made last year. Celtics will lose 4-2 against Miami you'd said...the result was right..but it was us who won that series. ;)

I learned my lesson after last year.  I still think this team will flip the switch in the playoffs . . . but like last year, I don't think it will be enough without front court depth, inside scoring, strong rebounding, and home court advantage.  Those are the things that prevented this team from making it all the way to the finish line last year, and they are still glaring issues that have not been successfully addressed (despite Danny's best efforts).
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #444 on: March 28, 2011, 09:49:06 PM »

Offline Green Hell

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58

Really? Because a lot of people love what we did last year. In fact, half the fans here hope we repeat it!
Never stop believing baby~

« Reply #445 on: March 28, 2011, 09:49:29 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395

those teams are undefeated in Moral Victories :D
- LilRip

« Reply #446 on: March 28, 2011, 09:49:46 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Just gotta say it one more time:  Danny bamboozled Sam Presti.  Took him to the cleaners!

Roy, do you honestly think having Perk in there tonight would have won us the game?  Would this team be so much better?  How great would this team be with Delonte, Von Wafer, and Glen Davis as our primary bench players? 

The Celtics CAN'T SCORE.  Late in games, they lose leads because they can't score, particularly inside.  They start shooting jumpshots, and they stop scoring.  They play decent defense; they just can't score.  Perk WOULD NOT help with that.

The trade is not the culprit here.  The team just doesn't have what it takes to be great at the moment . . . the core pieces just aren't enough.  I don't know if fatigue and injuries from age and lack of depth is finally catching up to them or what, but what I'm seeing out there is a team that is just not on the same level as Chicago, LA, Dallas, San Antonio, or half of the other playoff-bound teams. 

Blame the trade if you like, but it's a weak excuse.  I think Danny saw this coming, and tried to do something about it, but it was too late.  The window is slamming shut before our eyes.  We should all just be thankful it was even open as long as it was.

If the trade is not the culprit here, then the earthquake in Japan was not the culprit for the tsunami.

Yeah, because that's a truly apt analogy and really just flawless causal logic.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #447 on: March 28, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Just don't see this team flipping the switch this season. Going to have a lot of free time come may

Danny should have seen this coming last offseason and flipped not just Perk, but Ray, Rondo, and probably KG as well for some young talent.

;)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #448 on: March 28, 2011, 09:50:44 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Well, Danny Granger just came out and said that we missed Perk, so at least somebody sees it.
well then, that settles it. always good to have the opinion of basketball analyst extraordinaire danny granger.

« Reply #449 on: March 28, 2011, 09:51:13 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215

I don't get it

Ray has been useless for the past 2 years and if we had traded him at last years all-star break like we should have, we'd probably be looking for banner 19 right now.

What?! Ray is only shooting a career high in FG% and 3P% this year while scoring 17 ppg and he hasn't missed a game.

Yeah, that screams useless to me.