Author Topic: Instead of watching the All-Star Game  (Read 2515 times)

Instead of watching the All-Star Game
« on: February 14, 2010, 11:39:47 PM »

Offline QuinielaBox

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 139
I went to the local pub and watched the Missourri St whatevers take on the Wichita St Shockers. And Wichita St got a dramatic 66-64 win despite getting only 6 second half FGs (I think 4 of those were 3 pointers). Both teams fought tooth and nail for a full 40 minutes and the Wichita St crowd was its usual passionate self. For those of you that have not followed the Missouri Valley Conference since Larry Bird played for Indiana St. (Yes Wichita St has played them twice a year since the 70s), the conference is very competitive with all games seemingly decided by less than two possestions. This night was no different as Missouri St had a short lead most of the night with the largest being 5 points with 12 minutes left. But Wichita St kept grinding away on both ends and driving to the hole to get foul shots. And they made enough foul shots to get the lead and kept making them to earn a hard fought win to be 10-5 in the valley and 21-6 overall. Wichita St will have to fight with 18th rank UNI and beat them in the Arch Madness tournament in St Louis to make it into the dance. They could get an at large birth but the NCAA is a but parsamonious (stingy for you guys with a limited vocabulary) at handing out at large bids to Mid Major teams. Oh well Wichita St is more fun to watch than that unprofessional basketball team that plays in Boston. 
Wins are few, times are hard. Here is your bleeping St Patricks Day Card.

Re: Instead of watching the All-Star Game
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 11:44:58 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Instead of watching the All-Star game I watched "The Princess Bride" for the fourteen thousandth time. I think my choice was far superior.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die."

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 11:47:28 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I sat at my computer and continued my never-ending project to rip all of my compact discs to my computer. I think I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 11:01:48 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Instead of watching the All-Star game I watched "The Princess Bride" for the fourteen thousandth time. I think my choice was far superior.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die."

hes not dead.. hes just half dead.
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!