Author Topic: IT's next Team and Contract  (Read 15651 times)

IT's next Team and Contract
« on: February 10, 2018, 08:07:16 PM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Here's an opportunity to predict where IT will land and for how much.

My prediction: DET, ORL, NYK, BKN

Contract: 3 years, $60m

Re: IT's next Team and Contract
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 08:11:17 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Brooklyn has D'angelo Russell, and Lin will be back too. I don't see them going for IT

IT is a Knicks type of player, I can see that happening.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:15:56 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
One of the LA teams on a 2 year deal between $20m-25m, with a partial guarantee on the 2nd year so they can be players in the 2019 FA market.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 08:48:03 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I can see DET, NYK or MIA. 2 years /30 mill. 2nd year a team option.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 09:54:04 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Thomas might have to play 1 year on a prove it deal unless he lights it up with the lakers.

I feel pretty bad for IT actually. a year ago today he was averaging 28ppg, leading the #1 seed in the east, was an MVP cantidate, on his way to earning a max contract

Now hes been traded by the Celtics to the cavs. The cavs then during the trade process killed his value by trashing him to squeeze a 2nd round pick out of danny. Then he struggles with the cavs for 15 games and they ship him off to the lakers.

I really hope for IT he regains his value on the lakers.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 10:11:18 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Lou Williams' contract (3 yr/24 mil), while not awful for him, has set a low market value for guys like IT.  Unfortunately, he may make much less than expected.  That said, it only takes 1 team that believes in him to extend a much larger offer.

Side note: If Lou is making 8 mil, what does that mean for Smart?
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 10:32:22 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Here's an opportunity to predict where IT will land and for how much.

My prediction: DET, ORL, NYK, BKN

Contract: 3 years, $60m

Orlando is a good one. Desperate for a go-to scorer and in need of a new PG.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 10:36:20 AM »

Online green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320
Lou Williams' contract (3 yr/24 mil), while not awful for him, has set a low market value for guys like IT.  Unfortunately, he may make much less than expected.  That said, it only takes 1 team that believes in him to extend a much larger offer.

I still think Marcus gets 4x10. He's younger and can help change a defense's culture.

I find it hard to have sympathy for guys that will get paid millions to play a kids game. I feel bad for guys like Ryan Shazier who get really hurt playing a game.

I wonder if Pop would kick the tires on IT in SA. He would be their main playmaker, besides Kawhi.

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 10:44:19 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Proven healthy IT will get a 20mm per year multi-year contract. Unhealthy IT lucky to get league min.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 10:52:08 AM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
Any chance Isaiah gets bought out?
My dream is “IT” gets bought out as the LAL have compassion and let him sign with a real contender and we all know the love he has for the Celtics! I know that’s a lot of guards, but if anyone can make it work Stevens can!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 11:14:52 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I think that Philadelphia lands LeBron and that the Lakers fail to sign the top free agents and wait out another year and offer Thomas a one-year-contract of around 15-18 million. Maybe the Knicks offer Thomas a multi-year deal, but I think even the Knicks don't want to take the gamble anymore after the catastrophe with Noah.

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 11:26:46 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
I think that Philadelphia lands LeBron and that the Lakers fail to sign the top free agents and wait out another year and offer Thomas a one-year-contract of around 15-18 million. Maybe the Knicks offer Thomas a multi-year deal, but I think even the Knicks don't want to take the gamble anymore after the catastrophe with Noah.

Hope you are correct that LeBron sign with Philly.

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 11:27:00 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Found this interesting:

A brief poll of some NBA front-office executives on Thomas’s value this summer revealed that a long-term, rich contract is likely out of the question. Their responses settled around the mid-level exception (roughly $8.5 million) with one saying, “something under $10 million” and another adding, “someone will give him a one-year deal.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/02/10/isaiah-thomas-earned-a-long-overdue-raise-he-just-fell-short-of-getting-it/?utm_term=.dfe5c4e25e51

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 11:27:09 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
If LA bombs on Bron .....I d give IT 50 % chance taking a decn offer.  He is liked in LA fan base .  If LA bombs out on Bron and PG .....I think IT is lock for a nce contract with Lakers l. He is entertaining and fits well with younger dudes. 

If Lakers get two Max players .....IT is probably gone ..... I like the Orlando fit the best , maybe Knicks .

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 11:31:40 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Lou Williams set his own market value by not waiting until FA to field offers from other teams. But, in general, I agree - as teams just won't have as much money to spend this offseason.

At the very least, I see IT getting a JJ Redick type contract to bring excitement to a place like NYK or ORL. If the Lakers strike out, he may very well fit in there, too. Lonzo is a taller PG and IT can play on or off the ball.