Author Topic: IT's next Team and Contract  (Read 15745 times)

Re: IT's next Team and Contract
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2018, 12:20:43 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
If his market is truly down, bring him back here on a 1 year, prove it deal (at minimum)!  ;D

I just don't think his ego would allow him to be a backup to the guy he was traded for or to come off the bench for the team he says he built. He was a wrecking ball to that Cleveland locker room, I like the chemistry of this team as is.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2018, 01:21:49 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Detroit, mid level, one year deal.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2018, 01:48:24 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
IT may want to consider playing in China.  He'd be a hit over there.  Then he can see what opportunities open up later in the season.
I was just starting to think that

« Reply #93 on: July 08, 2018, 01:53:59 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Definitely not encouraging signs if Magic seems adamant on passing him up, despite the apparent lack of any able to play PG, let alone start.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #94 on: July 08, 2018, 02:24:03 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Detroit's flirting with the hard cap. They already have Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith, and Jose Calderon. Don't see Detroit putting themselves further in financial turmoil to bring in another offensive only, defensively challenged PG.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #95 on: July 08, 2018, 02:42:06 PM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Detroit's flirting with the hard cap. They already have Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith, and Jose Calderon. Don't see Detroit putting themselves further in financial turmoil to bring in another offensive only, defensively challenged PG.
Tp. You definitely have a point there.
Ish is a fine backup PG, Calderon is a nice vet 3rd stringer.
Still, trades can be made, and maybe I just want him there as I think he would have a good year there.
Here are my points:
- they need offense, IT helps there
- they need a magnet for the empty arena and name Isaiah Thomas could do wonders there, especially since his stature makes him so likable. They were 29th in home attendance %, under 83%. I also believe that the Blake trade was made with this in mind. This can also qualify as financial solution.
- Detroit wants to make the playoffs, they have little flexibility
- other teams want to give that playimg time to young prospects
- Detroit can make him a good offer considering other options and this year's market
- Reggie and Calderon are very questionable health-wise last 2 years, therefore he may be needed more than it seems
- Ish can be moved easily, 6 mil expiring contact, some like his speed, offering free minutes. Jose can log 15 DNPs - CD at this phase of his career.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 03:48:41 PM by Androslav »
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2018, 02:21:49 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Orlando signed Isaiah Briscoe. I don't think they will sign IT now. I'm starting to think there is no market for IT. china lol

« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2018, 04:13:20 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Going back to Cleveland makes the most sense.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2018, 04:36:51 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
Orlando signed Isaiah Briscoe. I don't think they will sign IT now. I'm starting to think there is no market for IT. china lol

lol ??????????????????

« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2018, 07:26:34 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

lol ??????????????????

Yeah I don't get the lol part. This guy bled green for us. I am wishing the best for him.

Isaiah Briscoe?? Yeah I guess now that you have Briscoe why would you want someone that was top 5 MVP last year. C'mon man.

« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2018, 07:44:49 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

lol ??????????????????

Yeah I don't get the lol part. This guy bled green for us. I am wishing the best for him.

Isaiah Briscoe?? Yeah I guess now that you have Briscoe why would you want someone that was top 5 MVP last year. C'mon man.

I thought the LOL was that someone thought Briscoe at th minimum meant that the Magic therefore had no more need for or interest in IT. 

« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2018, 07:47:26 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

lol ??????????????????

I thought the LOL was that someone thought Briscoe at th minimum meant that the Magic therefore had no more need for or interest in IT.

Oh okay that makes sense then.

« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2018, 10:22:51 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

lol ??????????????????

Makes total sense, but I thought the lol being used in conjunction with so many ??? meant that ederson was questioning CE’s usage of lol when mentioning China as a possible IT destination.

« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2018, 10:41:27 AM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

lol ??????????????????

It seems like such a long time ago that he finished top 5 in MVP voting. Last season, he played mediocre basketball, was a questionable locker room presence in Cleveland, and ended his season early to have a hip surgery he should've had a year ago for an injury that already cost him half a season.

Yes he bled green for us, but the player he was for us is not the player he is now.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2018, 04:33:52 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Seeing what just happened to Brook Lopez I think IT will have to sign the minimum, which is just a stupid good deal. If you can get IT for the minimum right now and you don't do it you simply don't deserve to be in the playoffs or even a winning team. I mean really. Jabari Bird might get a minimum but not IT. That's incredibly stupid