Author Topic: Stars or Tps which are more prestigous  (Read 22424 times)

Re: Stars or Tps which are more prestigous
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2013, 12:21:34 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
B-T-Dubs, guys, I'm about to hit 32 stars. When you do that, they name a sub-forum after you. Not like a fancy one, but one of the less used ones.
Its called the "Get A Life" forum and is littered with complaints from wives and girlfriends of long time posters.

Ha, yeah right. My wife still doesn't quite understand what it is I do here. If she actually understood the site and how it works and what I spend hours talking about..she'd be WAYYYYYYY more angry.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2013, 12:27:31 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Well, stars since the TP count is impacted by the number gambled away in a couple of events a few years ago.

Ultimately, though, neither matter - unless you're hung up on people agreeing with your point of view.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2013, 12:32:37 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Two ideas:

1. Being allowed to post mass TPs in the game forum. Sometimes I might give out 20-30 a night. Doing it manually stinks.
I'd like this one.  I used to give out TPs to everyone in the game thread after a win but depending on how long the thread was, it could take a half hour to TP everyone.

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2013, 04:23:31 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
B-T-Dubs, guys, I'm about to hit 32 stars. When you do that, they name a sub-forum after you. Not like a fancy one, but one of the less used ones.

1333 posts from going where no man has gone before.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2013, 04:47:37 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Its called the "Get A Life" forum and is littered with complaints from wives and girlfriends of long time posters.

Ha, yeah right. My wife still doesn't quite understand what it is I do here. If she actually understood the site and how it works and what I spend hours talking about..she'd be WAYYYYYYY more angry.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard, "What are you doing?...Are you blogging again??"
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2013, 04:59:13 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Lots of stars:

(1) you've been here a long time
(2) you're a spammer
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

If I had a nickel for every time I heard, "What are you doing?...Are you blogging again??"
Being married 27 years has its advantages. Things like being on the blog or watching sports on TV don't make the wife angry so long as we are going out to dinner a couple times a week and dancing a few times a month.

Helps that the wife has 3 brothers, two brother in laws, the sons, a boatload of nephews and has been around sports for her whole life because of the fanatic sports fans she has had in her life.

That said, a little advice. If the little woman gets angry because you are on CB, tell her you will stop going on CB when she stops going on Facebook.

« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 05:20:31 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Prestige?  I don't need no stinking prestige from CB!

My prestige is worldwide!

Boats and hoes!

« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2013, 05:36:55 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584

Being that dancing is my "other" hobby, I can only count to 32 in multiples of 8.  I have been married for 45 years, and my husband gives a huge sigh of relief whenever he sees me head to the computer and the blog...muttering under his breath, "Peace at last..."  Congrats IP, and just to pour salt on a wound, TP for you, as well!     ;)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2013, 05:59:12 PM »

Kiorrik

I'd be a liar if I'd say I don't like getting hit with a bunch of TP's here and there, but that's more of a personal achievement thing. Since I don't post much, and don't generally join TP games, I'd like to think I earned most of them "the hard way".

When it comes to other people's TP's and posts, I stand with what most of you have already said: they're both easily aqcuired and thus don't mean much.

I've actually got a browser plugin which I use to hide all:
- TP's
- Postcounts
- Signatures

I have that stuff turned off 90% of the time because I like to focus on what people say, and all the rest is just not what I visit CB for.

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2013, 06:04:14 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Both those metrics have an inherent bias against Canadians just like the SATs are biased against minorities.

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2013, 06:04:35 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Both those metrics have an inherent bias against Canadians just like the SATs are biased against minorities.

False
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2013, 06:12:26 PM »

Kiorrik

Full size: http://www.ditdoetdirk.nl/crap/cb.png

That's how I CB.

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2013, 06:24:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
This is the first i've heard of TP Cliques and duplicate accounts.  That's hilarious to me.  I didn't realize anyone took TPs seriously.  It wasn't until I jokingly made a 50 TP bet with someone... and they actually held me to it... did I realize that some people care.

Most people don't take Reddit points seriously either... It's a running gag on that website that reddit upvotes are worthless...   BTW, I have been on the front page 3 times.  I have 6,583 link karma and 10,548 comment karma.  Anyone here got me beat?  Lol. 

« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 06:35:48 PM »

Kiorrik

This is the first i've heard of TP Cliques and duplicate accounts.
That's funny, someone named LarBrd34 just registered a second ago ;)