Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft (4)Celtics Vs (5)Wizards First Round Matchup  (Read 61459 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft (4)Celtics Vs (5)Wizards First Round Matchup
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2012, 04:14:01 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Curry has shown he can't defend Westbrook. Neither Wallace and I doubt he has the athleticism to do so.

Put Wallace on him though. Then who is he defending? One of my 6ft 8 inch SFs? Fine clear out and post up or iso that matchup. Too little and scrawny to defend one of my wings.

No Wallace will help Curry by leaving Ron Artest open as i dont have a problem with Artest shooting from downtown the whole game :)

World Peace shot 14 for 36 from 3pt in last year's playoffs. 39%.

I dont have a problem with that unless he makes 3 in a row thats our game plan

THAT'S A GAME PLAN?

IT IS A GAME PLAN TO STOP WESTBROOK, ARTEST HAS SHOT .314% FROM DOWNTOWN FOR HIS POSTSEASON CAREER.

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2012, 04:14:29 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
All the large font and smiley faces are chasing me away from this thread.  Good luck to both!
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2012, 04:17:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
All the large font and smiley faces are chasing me away from this thread.  Good luck to both!

My bad. I am trying to get a response and draw attention to certain questions and responses so that they will be looked at.

I will tone it down.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2012, 04:19:18 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Curry has shown he can't defend Westbrook. Neither Wallace and I doubt he has the athleticism to do so.

Put Wallace on him though. Then who is he defending? One of my 6ft 8 inch SFs? Fine clear out and post up or iso that matchup. Too little and scrawny to defend one of my wings.

No Wallace will help Curry by leaving Ron Artest open as i dont have a problem with Artest shooting from downtown the whole game :)

World Peace shot 14 for 36 from 3pt in last year's playoffs. 39%.

I dont have a problem with that unless he makes 3 in a row thats our game plan

THAT'S A GAME PLAN?

IT IS A GAME PLAN TO STOP WESTBROOK, ARTEST HAS SHOT .314% FROM DOWNTOWN FOR HIS POSTSEASON CAREER.

8)

Ok but how many of those are wide open? In order to defend Westbrook it sounds like you will sacrifice open looks to players.. If that is the case then I think you can expect an NBA player to make a fair amount of those.

How does your defense stop Westbrook without leaving a guy wide open to shoot?  ???

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2012, 04:20:06 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
LOL YOUR GAME PLAN IS TOO TALK BAD ABOUT THE OTHER TEAM THAT IS NOT A REAL GAME PLAN WE ARE PLAYING MAN TO MAN MOSTLY AND SOMETIMES PLAYING ZONE

I am pointing out the negatives of your roster. If they are true it isn't talking bad...

If you are playing man to man mostly then my so called shooting woes doesn't really become an issue for defending Russell.

Make up your mind and say what your game plan is though.

What is it?

How do you plan on beating Boston offensively? How do you get shots for everyone? What is your game plan? Bring some detail to the table and quit being so vague.

^

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2012, 04:22:14 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
LOL YOUR GAME PLAN IS TOO TALK BAD ABOUT THE OTHER TEAM THAT IS NOT A REAL GAME PLAN WE ARE PLAYING MAN TO MAN MOSTLY AND SOMETIMES PLAYING ZONE

I am pointing out the negatives of your roster. If they are true it isn't talking bad...

If you are playing man to man mostly then my so called shooting woes doesn't really become an issue for defending Russell.

What is it?

How do you plan on beating Boston offensively? How do you get shots for everyone? What is your game plan? Bring some detail to the table and quit being so vague.

We will mostly play man to man with Wallace helping out Curry, as for getting shots for everyone we have adjusted their minutes to what they play in real life so they can get their shots.

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2012, 04:23:13 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

My bad. I am trying to get a response and draw attention to certain questions and responses so that they will be looked at.

I will tone it down.

You are not doing that if anything you are scaring people away and making the thread messy

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2012, 04:27:14 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

I will tone it down.

You are not doing that if anything you are scaring people away and making the thread messy

Aside:

Where is JSD in all of this? As time has gone on he has become less and less involved with this team that he initially constructed. Has he checked out for the most part?

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2012, 04:30:48 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

I will tone it down.

Aside:

Where is JSD in all of this? As time has gone on he has become less and less involved with this team that he initially constructed. Has he checked out for the most part?

Well i had asked him if he would do the press conference and the playoffs but since he wasnt on during the start of those 2 things i did it, its understandable though he has a job and that comes first

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2012, 04:30:56 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

What is it?

We will mostly play man to man with Wallace helping out Curry, as for getting shots for everyone we have adjusted their minutes to what they play in real life so they can get their shots.

The issue is that my entire offense isn't Russ in isolation. I have a lot of pick and roll with Blake and Russ also.

How much is Wallace guarding Blake? If you double off Blake I'm sending him to the hoop. and basically he is going free. Lob City at that point.

I also believe that sending Wallace to help won't stop Russell consistently.

Gerald Wallace had a defensive rating of 105 and 107 last season. He has lost a step and has become one of the worst contracts in the NBA. His defensive prowess is very exaggerated at this point.

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2012, 04:34:47 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

What is it?

The issue is that my entire offense isn't Russ in isolation. I have a lot of pick and roll with Blake and Russ also.

How much is Wallace guarding Blake? If you double off Blake I'm sending him to the hoop. and basically he is going free. Lob City at that point.

Gerald Wallace had a defensive rating of 105 and 107 last season. He has lost a step and has become one of the worst contracts in the NBA. His defensive prowess is very exaggerated at this point.

I never said Wallace was guarding Blake, WHERE DO YOU GET THIS STUFF? If i dont say it then it is not true

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2012, 05:19:24 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Starters
PG = Westbrook vs Steph Curry = advantage Boston
SG = Rip vs JR Smith = neutral
SF = Artest vs G-Wallace = neutral
PF = B.Griffin vs Gortat = advantage Boston
C  = M.Gasol vs P.Gasol = neutral

Bench
PG = DJ Augustin vs Lou Williams = advantage Washington
SG = G.Green vs C.Billups = uncertain
SF = S.Jackson vs M.Beasley = advantage Boston
PF = T.Robinson vs D.Blair = neutral
C  = A.Gray vs S.Hawes = advantage Washington

Coach = Rudy T vs Mike Brown = advantage Washington
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 06:31:07 PM by Who »

« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2012, 05:23:04 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
Starters
PG = Westbrook vs Steph Curry = advantage Boston
SG = Rip vs JR Smith = neutral
SF = Artest vs G-Wallace = neutral
PF = B.Griffin vs Gortat = advantage Boston
C  = M.Gasol vs P.Gasol = neutral

Bench
PG = DJ Augustin vs Lou Williams = advantage Washington
SG = G.Green vs C.Billups = uncertain
SF = S.Jackson vs M.Beasley = advantage Boston
PF = T.Robinson vs S.Novak = advantage Boston
C  = A.Gray vs S.Hawes = advantage Washington

Coach = Rudy T vs Mike Brown = advantage Washington

Rudy T has won two rings. He coached a sixth seed to a title. Mike Brown has been one of the most disappointing coaches in the NBA the past few years when considering the amount of talent he has had.

He killed Gasol last season with Bynum. While will he be better with Gortat and Gasol, Who?

« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2012, 05:23:14 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Westbtook (32)\ Augustine (16)
Hamilton (29) \ Jackson (11) Westbrook ( 8 )
Artest (20) \ Jackson (17) \ Green (11)
Griffin (38) \ Artest (6) \ Robinson or Erden (4)
Gasol (38) \ Gray (7) \ Erden (3)
I think Artest should play a lot more minutes at SF. I would sync his playing time with Gerald Wallace's court time (32 minutes).

Maybe use Stephen Jackson as your backup power forward against Steve Novak.

I would also reduce DJ Augustin's playing time. I think you are better off staying big on the perimeter rather than trying to go small to matchup with Washington's small backcourts.

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2012, 05:25:37 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

What is it?

I never said Wallace was guarding Blake, WHERE DO YOU GET THIS STUFF? If i dont say it then it is not true

That's why I phrased it in the form of a question.

My point is that sending Wallace on a double team doesn't really guarantee anything. His rating speaks for itself. He is not a great defender. He used to be a great defensive rebounder but that is not the case anymore.

Injuries and age have worn him down.