Author Topic: CB Draft Reg Season Voting Results - 2nd round matchups announced  (Read 58387 times)

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Who do you guys think is going to win it all?

I'll just say that while I had the same 3 teams as the 1-3 seeds in each conf. i had them in a diff. order than what they ended up as.

Well, nobody's perfect, I guess.  8)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

I think this league is incredibly deep and that any team could , conceivably, win it all. And I know SO agrees.

I mean, we're well aware that Dallas thinks themselves above the other teams.  Half their management team didn't even want to play until they were guaranteed the first pick.

( To the new players: This is sarcasm. It is difficult to convey on the internet. Unless it is about how I am always right and Nick is always wrong, it is a safe assumption that anything i post is at least tinged with this literary device. I am not accusing the mods of collusion, I'm just picking on Roy for being late to the party. Which is not surprising because he's a republican and unless the party is Grand and/or Old, he's disinclined to participate.)

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
It is really hard to contend if you dont have a superstar though

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Next year...me. This year....Dallas or Chicago.

Chicago has that "IP" factor about his team so he will at minimum make the Finals.(For those that don't know the "IP" factor is an inexplicable abiility to convince, cajol and basically b.s. your team at least one round farther than it deserves to go in the CB Draft. It does not specifically refer to IP led teams as a few years back the Crotornats had an amazing IP factor of X3). ;D Chicago also has a very good team.

Dallas is the other choice because until proven otherwise LeBton is the best player in the world by leaps and bounds and can dominate in every facet of the game. Having LeBron the first year after his first ring and aeeing the condition of the NBA is a little like having MJ after his first ring. Who's team is better whenever you compare it to Dallas, Dallas has one thing to say. We have LeBron. End of discussion. And, they have some dang gteat ;) otger players too which only engances that argument.
I think Chicago and Dallas are the two best teams (with Dallas being better  :D).  I'll be surprised if either, let alone both, make the Finals.
The old reverse psychology spin....I like it.

It's not all game I think. Roy's got LeBron James, but only one other really high level talent after that, and I've got a big pool of talent, but not necessarily talent that people are 'high' on.

Plus I'm currently en route to a week in Cape Cod, and I've been ordered to not use my phone for celticsblogging. I'll have a minute here or there but as far as sustained discourse, I got nothing.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I think this league is incredibly deep and that any team could , conceivably, win it all. And I know SO agrees.

I mean, we're well aware that Dallas thinks themselves above the other teams.  Half their management team didn't even want to play until they were guaranteed the first pick.

( To the new players: This is sarcasm. It is difficult to convey on the internet. Unless it is about how I am always right and Nick is always wrong, it is a safe assumption that anything i post is at least tinged with this literary device. I am not accusing the mods of collusion, I'm just picking on Roy for being late to the party. Which is not surprising because he's a republican and unless the party is Grand and/or Old, he's disinclined to participate.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I actually had the WC top three as is. The EC I had Chicago #1 but but inverted the next two...I think. Pretty sure that was my vote.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Chicago has that "IP" factor about his team so he will at minimum make the Finals.(For those that don't know the "IP" factor is an inexplicable abiility to convince, cajol and basically b.s. your team at least one round farther than it deserves to go in the CB Draft. It does not specifically refer to IP led teams as a few years back the Crotornats had an amazing IP factor of X3). ;D Chicago also has a very good team.

Dallas is the other choice because until proven otherwise LeBton is the best player in the world by leaps and bounds and can dominate in every facet of the game. Having LeBron the first year after his first ring and aeeing the condition of the NBA is a little like having MJ after his first ring. Who's team is better whenever you compare it to Dallas, Dallas has one thing to say. We have LeBron. End of discussion. And, they have some dang gteat ;) otger players too which only engances that argument.
I think Chicago and Dallas are the two best teams (with Dallas being better  :D).  I'll be surprised if either, let alone both, make the Finals.

It's not all game I think. Roy's got LeBron James, but only one other really high level talent after that, and I've got a big pool of talent, but not necessarily talent that people are 'high' on.

Plus I'm currently en route to a week in Cape Cod, and I've been ordered to not use my phone for celticsblogging. I'll have a minute here or there but as far as sustained discourse, I got nothing.

IP is more diplomatic than I am, which shouldn't surprise anybody.  If Dallas doesn't win, it won't be because of lack of talent.  On that note...

Facts about Kyrie Irving:

* First rookie since Tim Duncan, and the first guard since Michael Jordan, to average 18.0 points and have a .565 TS%
* He joined Oscar Robinson, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson and LeBron James as the only No. 1 overall picks to average at least 18.0 points and 5.0 assists in their first year
* Kyrie Irving had a better rookie year than Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, Rajon Rondo, Steve Nash, and arguably, Chris Paul. Link

Quote from: Byron Scott, Chris Paul's former coach
“When we first started talking about Kyrie, the first comparison that came to mind was Chris Paul,” Scott, who coach Paul in New Orleans, said. “But one thing I can say about the two: Kyrie came in as a 19-year-old; Chris came in at 20. And at that particular point, Kyrie’s probably a better basketball player than Chris Paul was at this early stage of his career. It says a lot about where Kyrie is and what potential he has a point guard.”

By the way, any truth that IP faked this whole "wedding" thing to win congratulatory votes?

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Well if IP needs someone to argue for his team, given what he has done for me in the Historical Draft and for others in being co-commish and finishing off Cleveland's team in this draft, I will do it for him.

Seems onlt fair that someone pick up the slack for him when he has done it for so many otger people.

But ...... only if he wants

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

IP is more diplomatic than I am, which shouldn't surprise anybody.  If Dallas doesn't win, it won't be because of lack of talent.  On that note...

* First rookie since Tim Duncan, and the first guard since Michael Jordan, to average 18.0 points and have a .565 TS%
* He joined Oscar Robinson, Magic Johnson, Michael Jordan, Allen Iverson and LeBron James as the only No. 1 overall picks to average at least 18.0 points and 5.0 assists in their first year
* Kyrie Irving had a better rookie year than Derrick Rose, Deron Williams, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, Rajon Rondo, Steve Nash, and arguably, Chris Paul. Link

“When we first started talking about Kyrie, the first comparison that came to mind was Chris Paul,” Scott, who coach Paul in New Orleans, said. “But one thing I can say about the two: Kyrie came in as a 19-year-old; Chris came in at 20. And at that particular point, Kyrie’s probably a better basketball player than Chris Paul was at this early stage of his career. It says a lot about where Kyrie is and what potential he has a point guard.”

By the way, any truth that IP faked this whole "wedding" thing to win congratulatory votes?

Didnt Tyreke have a better rookie season that Irving?

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Yes, Yes he did.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Only if you look at raw stats without regard to minutes played and disregard efficiency.

Irving had a higher scoring rate and assist rate, and had a much higher eFG% and TS%.  Kyrie was a significantly better outside shooter, in terms of both volume and percentage.  Irving's PER was higher.  If you like win shares (it's not my favorite stat, but whatever), Irving averaged about 25% more win shares per 48 minutes than Tyreke.

Yes, Yes he did.

Astute analysis like that is why you should pretty much disregard anything KC tells you over the next week.  Sure, it's shallow and incorrect, but if it makes a rival look bad, it's worth posting, I guess.

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Irving averaged about 25% more win shares per 48 minutes than Tyreke.

Irving shared one quarter more wins based on a random statistic that values an amount of playing time no one plays.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Irving averaged about 25% more win shares per 48 minutes than Tyreke.

Irving shared one quarter more wins based on a random statistic that values an amount of playing time no one plays.

Crazy thing about per minute stats:  Irving averaged more win shares per 30 minutes, too.  Or per 3 minutes.  Or per 500 minutes.

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Only if you look at raw stats and disregard efficiency.

Irving had a higher scoring rate and assist rate, and had a much higher eFG% and TS%.  If you like win shares (it's not my favorite stat, but whatever), Irving averaged about 25% more win shares per 48 minutes than Tyreke.

So what you are saying is that Tyreke did have a better season right? Lol. Jk.
i think tyreke joined jordan and lebron for averaging 20 pts 5 rebs 5 asts per game also Steve Novak is number 2 in TS% behind Tyson Chandler so in reality he is number 1 right since he is shooting from downtown and Chandler is only shooting up close? So that means I have the best shooter in the game!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7tsLkcJqO0

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Only if you look at raw stats and disregard efficiency.

Irving had a higher scoring rate and assist rate, and had a much higher eFG% and TS%.  If you like win shares (it's not my favorite stat, but whatever), Irving averaged about 25% more win shares per 48 minutes than Tyreke.

So what you are saying is that Tyreke did have a better season right? Lol. Jk.
i think tyreke joined jordan and lebron for averaging 20 pts 5 rebs 5 asts per game also Steve Novak is number 2 in TS% behind Tyson Chandler so in reality he is number 1 right since he is shooting from downtown and Chandler is only shooting up close? So that means I have the best shooter in the game!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7tsLkcJqO0

Tyreke is a good player, he's just not in Irving's class.  But hey, both were on the CrotoNats for a short time until we voluntarily handcuffed ourselves by self-vetoing our own trade. ;)

Novak is a weapon, but he's obviously not the type of player who can carry a team.  He can help you win, though.