Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Pacific Division Press Conferences  (Read 44479 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Pacific Division Press Conferences
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012, 01:36:32 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Kyle Lowry is an overrated attempted coach killer who got run out of town by Jeremy Lin.

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2012, 01:38:28 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

Offensively, Davis was the most efficient scorer among big men drafted, averaging nearly 1.2 PPP. He turned the ball over at the second lowest rate (on just 8.6% of possessions) and drew fouls at the fourth highest rate, while shooting 70.9% from the line. The rookie also ranked as the best overall finisher, and cutter, and second best in transition. While Davis can and will be muscled off the post, and lacks a reliable jumper, he has to be accounted for offensively as a cutter, as a roll man, and while beating opposing big men down the court.[/font]

I didn't know that. That is pretty disappointing.

I thought Davis was meant to have a reliable jump-shot with range on it.

This analysis also provides us with solid insight into the things Davis needs to work on in the future. Just 13.5% of his possessions came on post-ups, the second lowest of this group after Furkan Aldemir and well under the average of 34% when taking all 26 big men prospects into account. His success rate—0.85 PPP—is below the average of 0.89, indicating that Kentucky's offense clearly wasn't losing much by electing not to throw the ball into the paint more than 1.6 times per game. It's safe to assume that Davis' usage rate as a pick and roll finisher (just 1.5 possessions per game) will rise once he reaches the NBA, but it will be interesting to see how his back to the basket game evolves as he continues to add weight to his 222 pound frame.

Jump shots attempts made up a decent amount of Davis' possessions—22%--but his 0.731 PPP also ranks well below average for this group (0.87), as he made just 23 of 67 (34%) attempts. Clearly this is something he'll need to continue to work on in time as well.

He hasn't been terribly consistent with it, but he can catch fire from mid-range. He torched Vandy on 10-11 shooting in their 1st or 2nd meeting with jumpers out to the three-point line. The potential is definitely there.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 01:39:08 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Roster (Player[minutes]):

PG: Goran Dragic [32] / Darren Collison [16]
SG: Eric Gordon [32] / Demar DeRozan [14] / John Jenkins [2]
SF: Shawn Marion [28] / Demar DeRozan [8] / Omri Casspi [12] / Jeffery Taylor [xx]
PF: Dirk Nowitzki [32] / Derrick Favors [14] / Rashard Lewis [2] / Shawn Marion [xx]
C: Roy Hibbert [30] / Derrick Favors [10] / Brandan Wright [8]

Easily my favorite presser of the division.

Q1. Does your team have a fight song? If so, does it feature Usher or Justin Bieber?

Q2. How long before you decide to ship Rashard Lewis to the glue factory?

Q3. Is Derrick Favors ready to log major rotation minutes for a contender? Is DeRozan? What bout Casspi or Wright? Any concerns about these young and relatively inconsistent players stepping it up when it really matters?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 01:43:46 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
If you were putting money down on this division, you'd bet on the Lakers. You know what we are and what we're capable of.

The other teams are really quite good, but there's certainly question marks about them. Best case scenario we're competitive. Worst case they really struggle.

The one constant, is the Lakers, Ray.

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 01:43:52 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
ROSTER

Manu Ginobili and Klay Thompson
Andre Iguodala and Mirza Teletovic
Anthony Davis

Delonte West, Channing Frye, Darrell Arthur, Jonas Jerebko, Alec Burks
Bismack Biyombo and Patrick Mills

Oh, you moved Mirza Teletovic into the starting lineup. I completely missed that the first time I read through your press conference -- excellent press conference by the way. Lots of really good information and enjoyable to read.

That is a really offensively potent group.

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2012, 01:46:08 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Rankings.

1) Lakers - I think their youth, athleticism, and defense makes them perfect for the regular season. Definitely a contender.

2) Phoenix - Also a Contender. Nash has an outstanding cast around him. Love is the best PF in the league. I like Noah on this team and Richardson was great with Nash in Phoenix. I think Miller is a great backup for this team. Really like Prince too.

3) Clippers - Much better then I originally thought. When I really look at their roster I like it a lot. I expect some missed games for Gordon and Dirk. But in a 7 game series I think this team is a contender capable of beating anyone in CB League.

4) Warriors - Definitely capable of being a playoff team, Not having a true point guard is different but I like Iggy and Manu in that role. Davis should be great but as a rookie he is unknown to me. Frye as a starter is a weakness in this division to me. Talented team but not as much as the other teams in the division.

I think all these teams could be in the post season.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2012, 01:46:45 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
So right now, I have

1. Golden State
2. Clippers

I see a bunch of videos posted for the lakers but not sure who is on there team.

Don't know who the other team in the division is..

Phoenix. Nash and Love.

Best division in the CB League.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2012, 01:47:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Aldridge/Horford/Collison/Wilcox is an awesome 4-man rotation.

Kyle Lowry is an overrated attempted coach killer who got run out of town by Jeremy Lin owner of a juice company.

fixed

Famjuice, Reflavor yo taste, home boy!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2012, 01:53:45 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Kyle Lowry is an overrated attempted coach killer who got run out of town by Jeremy Lin owner of a juice company.

fixed

You famjuicin?

« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

fixed

You famjuicin?

I stay on that Rasta-Monster. My uncle has the sole distributing rights for NYC.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2012, 02:02:59 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
I stay on that Rasta-Monster. My uncle has the sole distributing rights for NYC.

This IS our mission statement, Ben!

Since everyone agrees the Lakers are the best, can we spend the rest of this thread talking about how mind boggingly bad the second season of "How to Make It In America" was?

« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2012, 02:05:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
There is something about that LA Lakers team that makes me feel like they'll be a greater beast come playoff time than they will in the regular season.

Similar to those Larry Brown Detroit Pistons teams in 2004 and 2005. I question whether they have the offensive firepower to really rack up the regular season wins.

Plus, like the Pistons, I think they'll be a monster when their intensity / focus is cranked up to the highest level but it's difficult for a team like that to maintain that intensity through the season. I don't know. They just remind of the Larry Brown Detroit Pistons in those ways. Very good in the regular season and downright dominant in the postseason.

So, with that said, I am leaning towards the LA Clippers and Phoenix Suns to lead the division. With the LA Lakers third. All three teams as legitimate title threats in the West. Golden State fourth and playing for a low-seed playoff spot.

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen

Roster (Player[minutes]):

PG: Goran Dragic [32] / Darren Collison [16]
SG: Eric Gordon [32] / Demar DeRozan [14] / John Jenkins [2]
SF: Shawn Marion [28] / Demar DeRozan [8] / Omri Casspi [12] / Jeffery Taylor [xx]
PF: Dirk Nowitzki [32] / Derrick Favors [14] / Rashard Lewis [2] / Shawn Marion [xx]
C: Roy Hibbert [30] / Derrick Favors [10] / Brandan Wright [8]

Easily my favorite presser of the division.

Q1. Does your team have a fight song? If so, does it feature Usher or Justin Bieber?

Q2. How long before you decide to ship Rashard Lewis to the glue factory?

Q3. Is Derrick Favors ready to log major rotation minutes for a contender? Is DeRozan? What bout Casspi or Wright? Any concerns about these young and relatively inconsistent players stepping it up when it really matters?

1. Yes. It's Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson, because unlike other teams in our division, we want to CHANGE THE WORLD.

2. Rashard is...special. I think he can kick in a few minutes per game stretching the floor on a team that needs veteran leadership. If not, no big deal. We can always trade him to the real life Wizards, somehow.

3. Favors in the playoffs this year: 29 mpg, 11.8 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 1.5 blocks. I think he'll be in good shape to take another step forward this year in a similar role to the one he played last year in Utah. First big off the bench, focusing primarily on defense.

DeRozan is a different story, as he's completely untested in the playoffs. He's also being shifted into the role he was made for - microwave off the bench. He just needs to provide scoring from the second unit rather than carry the load for a terrible Raptors team. I think the shift in philosophy will serve him well, though his lack of experience is a detriment.

Wright and Casspi have limited roles, so they won't be called on to handle too much pressure. Wright's crappiness in the playoffs was disappointing, but he's still a highly efficient player who causes problems at the 5. Casspi is still growing and could be usurped by Taylor thanks to his defensive chops.

These guys will be mentored by Dirk and Marion, two solid vets who can help hold a team together. The character is there, and with 8 playoff veterans (and two NBA champs - only DeRozan/Gordon are rotation players who haven't been to the postseason) there's enough experience amongst a young team to alleviate concerns.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2012, 02:12:50 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Maybe I'm just being picky, but I'd like to see you get Brandon Wright out of your regular rotation, Champ. Feel like you've got the bodies to do it.

EDIT: Meh, oh second thought I got no issues with him getting regular minutes in the regular season.

« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2012, 02:16:55 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
Maybe I'm just being picky, but I'd like to see you get Brandon Wright out of your regular rotation, Champ. Feel like you've got the bodies to do it.

EDIT: Meh, oh second thought I got no issues with him getting regular minutes in the regular season.

Yeah, he's a bonus piece. Very efficient last year at the 5, and there are times where Favors will be needed at the 4 and Hibs will be taking a rest or busy visiting Make a Wish Foundation kids. He lets the Clips play a little smaller without giving much up.