Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Southeast Division Press Conferences  (Read 40473 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Southeast Division Press Conferences
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2012, 01:27:11 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I am leaning towards Atlanta as the best team in the division come playoff time but I haven't decided whether I prefer Washington or Atlanta in the regular season to win the division.

Orlando 3rd (undecided whether they make the playoffs) and Miami 4th (non-playoff team).

I would say Atlanta, we have a franchise caliber player and a great big man tandem, along with one of the winningest coaches in NBA history.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2012, 01:35:20 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 94

Q1. Can we see an expected minutes breakdown for your lineups?

Q2. Javale McGee seemed to benefit from his trade to Denver last season. However, his minutes declined, to the point that he played 20 minutes a night. Is he capable of giving you 25 minutes of focused basketball a night?

Q3. How will you manage Amare's minutes? What does the PF rotation look like?

1. Center: Magee:(20)/ Amare/12/ Mullins (10)/ Sanders(6)
Pf: Amare  (22)/ Odom( 22 )/ Mullins ( 4 )
SF: Deng (34)/ Marvin Williams (14)/
SG: Henderson(18)/ Thorton (22) / Carter (8)
PG: Jeff Teague(25)/ Mo Williams (20)/ CJ Watson (3)

2. Magee can play 20-25 minutes a night if need be but with my rotation he probably wont need to till the playoffs.

3.Amares minutes will vary between 27-34 minutes a night depending on the game. Odom will see a good chunk of time at the 4 plus I will have BJ Mullins or Larry Sanders fill in at pf as well.
Indiana Pacers-Celticsblog Draft Team

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2012, 01:37:08 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
I am leaning towards Atlanta as the best team in the division come playoff time but I haven't decided whether I prefer Washington or Atlanta in the regular season to win the division.

Orlando 3rd (undecided whether they make the playoffs) and Miami 4th (non-playoff team).

I say Orlando makes the playoffs, should also be in contention for the division. Have the depth and the defense to stop most teams and beat most teams.

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2012, 01:45:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

I would say Atlanta, we have a franchise caliber player and a great big man tandem, along with one of the winningest coaches in NBA history.

Would you? Really?

I'm leaning towards Atlanta too. I think Washington blows them out of the water if they had a real option at the 3 and played Gerald Wallace at the 4.

Curry/Jameer/Billups
Chauncey Billups/JR Smith/
Gallinari or Pierce or Rudy Gay or someone/Beasley
Gerald Wallace/Beasley/Novak
Pau Gasol/Spencer Hawes

I think that's a top 2 or 3 seed.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #79 on: August 08, 2012, 01:46:13 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Would you? Really?

I'm leaning towards Atlanta too. I think Washington blows them out of the water if they had a real option at the 3 and played Gerald Wallace at the 4.

Curry/Jameer/Billups
Chauncey Billups/JR Smith/
Gallinari or Pierce or Rudy Gay or someone/Beasley
Gerald Wallace/Beasley/Novak
Pau Gasol/Spencer Hawes

I think that's a top 2 or 3 seed.

Well what makes my decision easier is that i drafted my guys and he drafted his guys.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #80 on: August 08, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Q1. Can we see an expected minutes breakdown for your lineups?

Q2. Javale McGee seemed to benefit from his trade to Denver last season. However, his minutes declined, to the point that he played 20 minutes a night. Is he capable of giving you 25 minutes of focused basketball a night?

Q3. How will you manage Amare's minutes? What does the PF rotation look like?

1. Center: Magee:(20)/ Amare/12/ Mullins (10)/ Sanders(6)
Pf: Amare  (22)/ Odom( 22 )/ Mullins ( 4 )
SF: Deng (34)/ Marvin Williams (14)/
SG: Henderson(18)/ Thorton (22) / Carter (8)
PG: Jeff Teague(25)/ Mo Williams (20)/ CJ Watson (3)

2. Magee can play 20-25 minutes a night if need be but with my rotation he probably wont need to till the playoffs.

3.Amares minutes will vary between 27-34 minutes a night depending on the game. Odom will see a good chunk of time at the 4 plus I will have BJ Mullins or Larry Sanders fill in at pf as well.

I think you may need to keep Amare at around 30 minutes a night during the regular season. He's averaged 37 and 33 in his last two seasons in New York, and both years fatigue and injuries took a toll.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #81 on: August 08, 2012, 01:50:03 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
No presser from Miami? Anyone care to post that lineup? Curious to see how they would have stacked up.

« Reply #82 on: August 08, 2012, 01:52:40 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
No presser from Miami? Anyone care to post that lineup? Curious to see how they would have stacked up.

CB Draft Miami Heat:

Al Jefferson, Kris Humphries, Josh Smith, Brandon Jennings, JET; Anthony Randolph, Dorrell Wright; Jordan Crawford; Hedo Turkoglu; Kemba; Ed Davis

It's a very small team.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:04:14 PM by Kane3387 »

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2012, 02:03:32 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Jennings, Josh Smith and Al Jefferson is all I remember.

I got Atlanta number one.

No Way Kobe lets a Pau Gasol led team out duel him. Also I think the difference between Duncan and Gasol isn't what it used to be. Gasol has regressed the last couple of years. Duncan isn't what he was but he hasn't gotten worse these last couple years like Pau.

I think the teams are competitive but I like Atlanta's roster in crunch time more then Washington.

So I have Washington number 2.

Orlando I have number 3. I see Mcghee creating the same issues offensively for Amare that Chandler did, but Chandler is better and smarter. I also question whether or not Amare is still capable of being an elite player. I also think Amare needs to be with a  good pick and roll PG and I don't think that is Teague.

I do like Deng and this team can make the playoffs.

I got Miami 4. I think they have some talented guys but they are small and none are elite. I don't think they make the playoffs.

1) Atlanta - A top 4 Eastern Conference Team
2) Washington - Doesn't have HCA in first round
3) Orlando - fighting for one of the last seeds
4) Miami - out

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2012, 02:12:58 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
My rankings for the Atlantic:

1. Atlanta
2. Washington
3. Orlando
4. Miami (DQed)

Comments from the bottom up:

Miami: a shame we've got another abandoned team that was maybe one trade away from contending for a division title.

Orlando: I have concerns about the center rotation. Amare continues to have to carry a team, and I just can't put much faith in him completing a season without fading at the end. Also have doubts about Teague and McGee having to accept more responsibility for their team's success.

Washington: some good players, but I also have questions about fit and defense (especially in the backcourt). If one or two shoot-first players had been turned into skilled defenders/rebounders/glue guys, I'd feel much better about this team.

Atlanta: Kobe and Duncan are tried and true. I have a hard time betting against this team, thanks to fit and cohesiveness.

Note: If Atlanta conserves its players during the regular season, I don't see a whole lot separating the top 3 teams in terms of division finish. I still think Atlanta comes out on top, though.

I think Washington is a playoff team, and Orlando could be as well. Need to see how things stack up.

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2012, 02:29:44 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Has Miami officially abandoned the league?  If so, that's too bad.  No wonder he wasn't responding to trade offers. ;)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2012, 02:30:20 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Has Miami officially abandoned the league?  If so, that's too bad.  No wonder he wasn't responding to trade offers. ;)

He wasn't exactly responsive when he was still around, either.

« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2012, 02:45:36 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
My rankings for the Atlantic:

1. Atlanta
2. Washington
3. Orlando
4. Miami (DQed)

Comments from the bottom up:

Miami: a shame we've got another abandoned team that was maybe one trade away from contending for a division title.

Orlando: I have concerns about the center rotation. Amare continues to have to carry a team, and I just can't put much faith in him completing a season without fading at the end. Also have doubts about Teague and McGee having to accept more responsibility for their team's success.

Washington: some good players, but I also have questions about fit and defense (especially in the backcourt). If one or two shoot-first players had been turned into skilled defenders/rebounders/glue guys, I'd feel much better about this team.

Atlanta: Kobe and Duncan are tried and true. I have a hard time betting against this team, thanks to fit and cohesiveness.

Note: If Atlanta conserves its players during the regular season, I don't see a whole lot separating the top 3 teams in terms of division finish. I still think Atlanta comes out on top, though.

I think Washington is a playoff team, and Orlando could be as well. Need to see how things stack up.

Well My center rotation would pry be like this

Magee 20-25 Mullins 10-15 Amare 12-15.

« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2012, 02:48:24 PM »

Offline riah32

• Jayson Tatum
questions for those doubting Orlando.....who is going to score on me? We have one of the stronger defensive teams with lock down defenders at the 3 and the 5. Plus I'm not saying Amar'e is going to carry this team on his back. Their are 13 guys capable of carrying the team on their back and the team is a whole will lead themseleves to the championship.

« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2012, 02:50:16 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
questions for those doubting Orlando.....who is going to score on me? We have one of the stronger defensive teams with lock down defenders at the 3 and the 5. Plus I'm not saying Amar'e is going to carry this team on his back. Their are 13 guys capable of carrying the team on their back and the team is a whole will lead themseleves to the championship.

Is McGee a lockdown defender?  I've always considered him a great shotblocker, rather than a great defender.  I think his fundamentals are way out of whack.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes