Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Atlantic Division Press Conferences  (Read 49398 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Atlantic Division Press Conferences
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2012, 12:15:42 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Guards- Calderon/Monta/Meeks/Brewer
Fowards- Durant/Leonard/BBD/Haslem/Maggette/Babbit
Centers- Jordan/Mozgov

Mintues breakdown/Starting lineup

Calderon(33)
Leonard (28)
Durant (36)
Davis (24)
Jordan (29)

Why did you decide to start Glen Davis over (1) Monta (2) Brewer (3) Meeks (4) Haslem?
This is my biggest question as well.

« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
NYK: You say Monta is a capable passer he had 6 assist and 3 turnovers a game and in AP48 he is at 7.8 which is not great, so how will it work out when he is playing point?

« Reply #47 on: August 06, 2012, 12:17:02 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Chicago will not beat Boston

This guy...I like him. He's funny, and got spirit!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2012, 12:17:44 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
Rotation and Minutes:

PG) - Westbrook(22)\Augustine(18)\Livingston(8.)
SG) - Jackson(16)\Westbrook(16)\Hamilton(16)
SF) - Artest(25)\Jackson(11)\Green(12)
PF) - Griffin(38)\Robinson(10)
C ) - Gasol(38)\Gray(6)\Erden(4)

Any concern that you have too many guys in your starting lineup who need (or want) the ball in their hands offensively?

Would Jacks and Artest be as happy taking a minor role offensively behind guys like Westbrook and Griffin as they were with Duncan and Kobe?

« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2012, 12:19:23 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Were bringing monta off the bench to play starter minutes but to give our bench a jump in production

« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2012, 12:20:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Since it's the press conferences, why not?

Boston:
Who do you identify as the top three teams in the East besides yourself, and why will your team prevail over those squads?  TPs will be given for making IP look silly.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2012, 12:21:54 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Boston:

1) Do you feel like you've got the players around Westbrook and Griffin to get the most out of them?

2) I think you're right, that Westbrook+Griffin > Durant. However, do you feel like your trade created any other issues for you?

Sure. They are playing with one of the best passing Centers and overall Centers in the NBA. This make life incredibly easier for them. A Screen and Roll with Westbrook and Griffin will be deadly. Throw it up there and Blake will get it. Roll with Blake and Russ is deadly from 18 ft.

Gasol on a 15 ft pick and pop is nice for Westbrook too and not one of them is asked to carry the entire load.

Back to Russ. He is deadly in transition and a one man fast break. Gasol and Griffin will dominate the boards. Gasol is one of the best out letting bigs in the NBA. Russ and Blake on a fast break is a terror.

For Gasol he has athletes and cutters he can get easy baskets for when he is on the block. He can also get a lot of easy jumpers off the defense playing russ for the drive or Blake foe the oop.

Blake excelled with Kaman and Deandre. Neither spread the court. Gasol is a better ten foot shooter then both. A better passer and just a smarter player. Griffin also excelled with Mo Williams and Baron Davis. He really doesn't need plays called for him, but rather makes plays with his constant energy and motor.

These three guys are the meat of the team. They're all great and even in some cases spectacular. They are the players who make others better not vice versa.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2012, 12:22:17 PM »

Offline Gomesfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 102
dd
New York:  Any regrets about blowing up your original team, that was centered around Carmelo and Rubio?  I think the core was Perk/Ibaka/Carmelo/Lee/Rubio/Bargnani.  Do you like your current team better?
I PM'd we made it last night and told him I thought his team would of won it all! But the team we have now has that chance as well, I just like the combo of Rubio and Melo!
L.A. Clippers
Derrick Rose Blake Griffin 4.11 5.3 5.15 6.11 7.15 8.11 9.15 10.11 11.15 12.11 13.15

« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Boston:
Who do you identify as the top three teams in the East besides yourself, and why will your team prevail over those squads?  TPs will be given for making IP look silly.

Objection, Roy Hobbs is leading the witness, and we're not talking about a head-to-head matchup, we're talking about who does better in the regular season.

« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2012, 12:24:14 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Boston:  In hindsight, was the move to trade up into the 1st the right call?  From my perspective, Bynum was a nice get, but you gave up a ton to get him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2012, 12:24:26 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
My question for Boston.

Will Blake still has his numbers and still be efficient when his point guard is not a pass first one? And how do you think will affect his game now that there's no PG to set him up where he's comfortable?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2012, 12:25:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
dd
New York:  Any regrets about blowing up your original team, that was centered around Carmelo and Rubio?  I think the core was Perk/Ibaka/Carmelo/Lee/Rubio/Bargnani.  Do you like your current team better?
I PM'd we made it last night and told him I thought his team would of won it all! But the team we have now has that chance as well, I just like the combo of Rubio and Melo!

Yeah, full candor, GF:  I liked that team quite a bit better, too.  It was probably the best team I've seen you put together, and the best building around Carmelo (and Bargnani) that I can remember.

« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2012, 12:26:30 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Boston:

Objection, Roy Hobbs is leading the witness, and we're not talking about a head-to-head matchup, we're talking about who does better in the regular season.

You're right, I shouldn't have suggested that Chicago was one of the top three teams in the East.  That was wrong of me.

« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2012, 12:27:17 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Boston, How would you respond to the charge that Jackson and Artest are not elite defenders, in fact are average at best defenders at this point in their careers and are living off their past accomplishments at this point?

To all the Atlantic teams, how do your teams match up to other likely Eastern play-off teams such as Indiana, Chicago, Washington, Atlanta and Detroit?

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2012, 12:28:28 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Boston:

You're right, I shouldn't have suggested that Chicago was one of the top three teams in the East.  That was wrong of me.

One more comment like that, and I'm going to have you disbarred. I'll take your gun, your lawyer badge, and the keys to your sharkskin suit right freakin now.