Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Trading Block  (Read 120569 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Trading Block
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2012, 03:24:03 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Celticsblog draft - where extensive ben gordon analysises happen.

I can't wait till it's Monta's turn.

I've thrown my hands up on Monta. I'm not sure how good he actually is, and I think this trade to the Bucks mean we never will.

Monta is such a gifted scorer.  He is an undersized beast. If he played on the celtics we would love him. I hope the bucks make the playoffs I really do.

For what it's worth, I'm an Ellis guy.

I think you put a guy like Russell Westbrook - who is much better than Ellis - next to Steph Curry and not much else and you're going to get similar results, and hear similar complaints.

Ellis hasn't been given the chance to show his value, and I think he'd excel if he was given that.

Completely unrealistic team I'd like to see around Monta Ellis:

Jrue Holiday
Monta Ellis
Andre Igouadala
Pau Gasol
Marc Gasol

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2012, 03:25:42 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
i dont think ellis is a gifted scorer if anything i think he shoots alot .433 Fg% and .308 3p% he also played bad with the bucks
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

i think he is very inconsistent he is the type of guy who can score 10 one night and 30 the other night

« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2012, 03:28:39 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
i dont think ellis is a gifted scorer if anything i think he shoots alot .433 Fg% and .308 3p% he also played bad with the bucks
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

i think he is very inconsistent he is the type of guy who can score 10 one night and 30 the other night

But at the same time, the Bogut - Ellis trade was pretty much the Bucks' way of saying that they wanted to be the Warriors now. Ellis faces the same teammate problems he did in Golden State, but with a less consistent version of Steph Curry.

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2012, 03:34:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

Monta Ellis cannot be made into a jumpshooter.

He is one of the best players in the league at getting to the hoop off the dribble, drawing contact, and getting fouls and finishing. He's lightening quick, fearless, total body control.

You need to surround him with great defenders, shooters to give him space, and a few elite passers.

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2012, 03:37:50 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I think you need to put Monta in a position where:

(1) He can defend the PG position so he isn't a large liability in terms of defense and rebounding - which he is at the SG position.

(2) In a place where the playmaking and floor leadership responsibilities are not on his shoulders. Either playing as a SG alongside a big PG who can slide over to SG defensively or in decentralized offense that doesn't ask it's PG to do too much playmaking (likely alongside a top playmaking wing or a post centric offense).

I'd like to see Monta in one of those types of situations.

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2012, 03:39:23 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

He's a great scorer man. He draws a lot of fouls he can hit threes. Post up a little bit. Was once dubbed " the one man fast break"  Averages close to 20 ppg? Shoots too much? Nah he lead the nba in assists for a shooting guard at 6 per game. He has a complete game .
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2012, 03:40:31 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Brandon Bass and Marcus Camby for a starting PF.

Arron Afflalo for a bigger SG/PF.

I have 3 early 6ths that can be involved with the right offer.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2012, 03:41:55 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

He's a great scorer man. He draws a lot of fouls he can hit threes. Post up a little bit. Was once dubbed " the one man fast break"  Averages close to 20 ppg? Shoots too much? Nah he lead the nba in assists for a shooting guard at 6 per game. He has a complete game .

he is the type of guy that has to shoot like 20 shots to get 20 points

« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2012, 03:46:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

He's that type of guy on the wrong team, a team that puts the ball in his hands all the time, or asks him to do too much.

He's been better, especially when playing next to a ball-dominant engaged PG, when he's taking less than 2 3's a game cuz everyone is is spreading the floor.

« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2012, 03:48:53 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

I think your trying to portray monta as a jump shooter and that's wrong.
Pick 2 Heat: 

« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2012, 03:50:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

Well its not wrong in that its the kind of guy he's been for about 3 years now. Extremely low efficiency.

« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

well i think he is great at getting to the basket but a terrible shooter he made about 8 out of 18 shots to score 20 points a game

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

well i think he is great at getting to the basket but a terrible shooter he made about 8 out of 18 shots to score 20 points a game

Sound like rondo great at getting to the basket but bad shooter! Rondo and monta unite!
Pick 2 Heat: 

« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2012, 03:55:51 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

8 out of 18 isn't bad for a guard. That's 44%

« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2012, 04:02:37 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
last 3 games
17 points 4-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting
12 points 5-14 shooting

8 out of 18 isn't bad for a guard. That's 44%

to have to take about 18 shots to score 20 is pretty bad, his field goal % was .433 and .308 3p