Author Topic: 2012 CB Draft Trading Block  (Read 120568 times)

Re: 2012 CB Draft Trading Block
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 03:59:10 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
me and JSD are putting all our guys in the trade block just to mainly sse what offers we get and if we like them we will take them (also JSD made me co-gm on page 156)

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 04:15:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I've had a couple of offers for Russell Westbrook and so before making a hasty decision I think I will allow everyone to see if they would like to place a bid as well.

PM me.

Might be AFK for a while but I will be getting back to everyone tonight late or tomorrow so as to have something done before the draft starts again Monday.

« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 04:45:05 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Kawhi Leonard can be had for a decent pg
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 04:57:11 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
not really keen on the idea of moving chauncey but i'll put him on the block as i've recieved a couple of inquiries.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 12:39:37 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
derrick rose and everyone else are in the trading block

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2012, 01:38:59 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
A couple folks have indicated interest in this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AQn4TlHEnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BtgRT_APcA

You can't teach clutch.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 01:40:54 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
A couple folks have indicated interest in this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AQn4TlHEnw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BtgRT_APcA

You can't teach clutch.

Apparently you can't teach defense, either. ;)

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Snarky response is 'you can't teach height, passing, or winning either apparently'.

But in all honesty, Ben Gordon is only 28, its easy to forget that. His shooting % was roughly the same as it was during his good years in Chicago, but his rate of scoring dropped significantly. And I don't mean just his points per game, his rate of scoring per minute on the floor dropped, which isn't a good thing in any world, but its also a bit confounding. His usage (amount of plays that end in his hands, roughly speaking) is pretty close to where it was his last year in Chicago.

I don't know what it adds up to, but its a strange situation.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2012, 01:56:11 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Snarky response is 'you can't teach height, passing, or winning either apparently'.

But in all honesty, Ben Gordon is only 28, its easy to forget that. His shooting % was roughly the same as it was during his good years in Chicago, but his rate of scoring dropped significantly. And I don't mean just his points per game, his rate of scoring per minute on the floor dropped, which isn't a good thing in any world, but its also a bit confounding. His usage (amount of plays that end in his hands, roughly speaking) is pretty close to where it was his last year in Chicago.

How about the guy was playing for a paycheck and then got paid?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Could also have been health issues and a dysfunctional team with inconsistent minutes/playing time.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2012, 02:02:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411

That is not who Ben Gordon is. He is a basketball guy through and through.

Loves to play, loves to work. A gym rat. One of the hardest workers in the league (during the season and in the off-season).

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2012, 02:04:09 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

Loves to play, loves to work. A gym rat. One of the hardest workers in the league (during the season and in the off-season).

Not saying this might not be true but where is your evidence?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Then what's your take on his numbers?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 02:14:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411

Not saying this might not be true but where is your evidence?

It's been his reputation throughout his career -- at UCONN, in Chicago and in Detroit.

Consistently been praised (high praise) for being an extremely hard worker. Never heard a bad word about him. Only utmost respect from teammates and coaches who rave about hard he works. Especially in interviews from teammates where he gets mentioned frequently as one of the hardest workers.

I don't have anything saved about but I'll see if I can find anything quickly here:

Scott Skiles uses hyperbole about as often as Allen Iverson passes, so his take on Ben Gordon's off-season commitment demands attention.

"Ben's summer ranks right there with the greatest summer I've seen from a player," Skiles said.

But Gordon possesses a quality that any self-respecting worker can understand.

"I love to get better," Gordon said after practice Wednesday. "That's the reason I play. That's the reason I started. It was never about maybe making a million dollars playing basketball. So I still have that same love for the game and that same drive. Until that goes, people will see me here every summer working hard and trying to get better."
Gordon has earned that confidence in the hardest of ways: Few players prepare themselves more thoroughly to beat the buzzer.

"Those shots that people see him making, I've seen him practice them every morning," Pistons president Joe Dumars said. "Every morning he's in the practice facility and he goes through this extensive workout for two hours before we start practice. Between 8 and 8:30 he's on the floor every single day, to the point where I told him I wanted to talk to him about learning how to manage your energy over the course of 82 games, because I don't want him to wear himself down. But I also don't want to stop him from doing what's made him successful."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2007-10-04/sports/0710030853_1_scott-skiles-summer-sweat-equity

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/ian_thomsen/11/19/gordon/index.html
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 02:23:35 PM by Who »

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 02:18:28 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
hey guys we are looking for picks in the 6 and 7 round we will trade our players but it depends on the trade