Author Topic: 'Pick Two' Draft 2012 Interest Thread (locked)  (Read 141952 times)

Re: 'Pick Two' Draft 2012 Interest Thread (18 spots left)
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2012, 11:48:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Anyone else a little scared that nick keeps on poaching strong co-GM talent for his teams? First rondo, now Roy.

I'm just saying, first he grabs one of the top GMs on Celticsblog for the draft, next he goes ahead and coaxes a former champion out of retirement for the pick 2 draft.

What's next for this summer? Using necromancy to get red aurbach involved? Hide your franchise players, hide your draft picks! They tradin for errybody out here!

I think it's a lot like 'Survivor.' But when it comes down to vote, some people might not have enjoyed being badgered previously and might ignore that they've assembled a starting 5 of Billups, Matthews, Lebron, Milsap and Tyson Chandler.

« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2012, 09:50:32 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am looking for a good co-GM.

Job requirements:  Be good on the phone (PM'S) working trade angles with other GMs.

I have the time to do a well thought draft, but probably not the ability to work the phones as well as I like to work trades.   

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Anyone else a little scared that nick keeps on poaching strong co-GM talent for his teams? First rondo, now Roy.

I'm just saying, first he grabs one of the top GMs on Celticsblog for the draft, next he goes ahead and coaxes a former champion out of retirement for the pick 2 draft.

What's next for this summer? Using necromancy to get red aurbach involved? Hide your franchise players, hide your draft picks! They tradin for errybody out here!

I think it's a lot like 'Survivor.' But when it comes down to vote, some people might not have enjoyed being badgered previously and might ignore that they've assembled a starting 5 of Billups, Matthews, Lebron, Milsap and Tyson Chandler.

Its a heck of a team.

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2012, 09:53:31 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Truth. But I think if you put an hour or so into a good spreadsheet w/ some tiers - and call me a nerd, but I find that kinda fun - the actual draft process becomes fairly easy going.
You know, the repressed boy scout in me always says to listen to you guys and do the spreadsheet thing, but i gotta say there's nothing more fun than building your team 5 minutes at a time by constantly getting to a computer right before your pick is due, scrambling to find who was picked/who's the BPA, and still ending up with a self-satisfying team in the end.

Also an exciting way to find out how well you know all the players.

Yeah, same here.  I've never used a spreadsheet, either.  I figure I'd be constantly tinkering it, anyway.

For me, there's some tinkering, but it's the tiers that are what's useful.

It's nice to have something in front of you that says something like 'While, I've got Billups as the BPA, I also rank 8 more point guards relatively similar to him, meanwhile Marcus Camby is the only starting caliber center I have left.'

« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2012, 10:05:39 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Truth. But I think if you put an hour or so into a good spreadsheet w/ some tiers - and call me a nerd, but I find that kinda fun - the actual draft process becomes fairly easy going.
You know, the repressed boy scout in me always says to listen to you guys and do the spreadsheet thing, but i gotta say there's nothing more fun than building your team 5 minutes at a time by constantly getting to a computer right before your pick is due, scrambling to find who was picked/who's the BPA, and still ending up with a self-satisfying team in the end.

Also an exciting way to find out how well you know all the players.

Yeah, same here.  I've never used a spreadsheet, either.  I figure I'd be constantly tinkering it, anyway.

For me, there's some tinkering, but it's the tiers that are what's useful.

It's nice to have something in front of you that says something like 'While, I've got Billups as the BPA, I also rank 8 more point guards relatively similar to him, meanwhile Marcus Camby is the only starting caliber center I have left.'

Bingo.

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2012, 10:10:07 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Its a heck of a team.

And Brandon Jennings as first man off the bench?  Nah, that team doesnt have enough fire power
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Its a heck of a team.

And Brandon Jennings as first man off the bench?  Nah, that team doesnt have enough fire power
Let's not forget Stephen Neal, Mike Miller, Boris Diaw, Nazr Mohammed, or Chris Singleton

« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2012, 10:15:49 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
The Charlotte Bobcats' Pick Two choices look very weak altogether.

Might be worth bumping them.

« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2012, 10:21:52 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Not a believer in Kemba and Bismack?

« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2012, 10:25:35 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Its a heck of a team.

And Brandon Jennings as first man off the bench?  Nah, that team doesnt have enough fire power

Quietly, Jennings is having maybe his best season ever. FG% up, still an 'okay' 3pt%. Its not resulting in many W's for them, but that's likely more Stephen Jackson's fault than anything.

« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2012, 10:26:58 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Not in Kemba.

Biyombo? Somewhat. Not a guy you want to be building your entire team around though. 

« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2012, 10:29:07 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Its a heck of a team.

Quietly, Jennings is having maybe his best season ever. FG% up, still an 'okay' 3pt%. Its not resulting in many W's for them, but that's likely more Stephen Jackson's fault than anything.
Very disappointed in B.Jennings' lack of growth as a playmaker. I thought he'd develop into a 7-8 assist a night type of guy.

He shows flashes of what he's capable of as a playmaker but can't seem to sustain it.

« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2012, 10:32:51 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Its a heck of a team.

Very disappointed in B.Jennings' lack of growth as a playmaker. I thought he'd develop into a 7-8 assist a night type of guy.

He shows flashes of what he's capable of as a playmaker but can't seem to sustain it.
I think he is what he is which is a scoring PG without much playmaking ability and poor floor general skills. Which was why he was perfect coming off the bench as a scorer for the Kings who would have the ball in LeBron's hands doing the playmaking.

« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2012, 10:46:28 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Not in Kemba.

Biyombo? Somewhat. Not a guy you want to be building your entire team around though.  

Yeah but 2 of those guys with some decent trades and the first pick of each round ain't half bad if you wanted to build a rebuilding team.