Author Topic: 'Pick Two' Draft 2012 Interest Thread (locked)  (Read 141946 times)

Re: 'Pick Two' Draft 2012 Interest Thread (18 spots left)
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2012, 10:56:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The Charlotte Bobcats' Pick Two choices look very weak altogether.

Might be worth bumping them.

Not a believer in Kemba and Bismack?

Not in Kemba.

Biyombo? Somewhat. Not a guy you want to be building your entire team around though.  

Yeah but 2 of those guys with some decent trades and the first pick of each round ain't half bad if you wanted to build a rebuilding team.
I would take Washington and Wall and McGee or Cleveland with Irving and Thompson or even Utah with Kanter and Favors for a rebuilding team before taking Charlotte and that lot of talent. Kemba and Byunmbo to start a "future" franchise? Yikes.

« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2012, 11:01:21 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

Not in Kemba.

Biyombo? Somewhat. Not a guy you want to be building your entire team around though.  

Yeah but 2 of those guys with some decent trades and the first pick of each round ain't half bad if you wanted to build a rebuilding team.
I would take Washington and Wall and McGee or Cleveland with Irving and Thompson or even Utah with Kanter and Favors for a rebuilding team before taking Charlotte and that lot of talent. Kemba and Byunmbo to start a "future" franchise? Yikes.

Ya, I'd tend to agree - I think the Bobcats would have to be my last choice by a wide margin. Toronto's the only other team I could think of that's close, but I'm a pretty big fan of Ed Davis.

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Not in Kemba.

Well for sure you wouldn't want to take them on, that's part of the challenge. I wouldn't want to figure out which of the Kings I'd want to keep, but if that's your team, make it work or move 'em.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2012, 11:24:10 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Not in Kemba.

Well for sure you wouldn't want to take them on, that's part of the challenge. I wouldn't want to figure out which of the Kings I'd want to keep, but if that's your team, make it work or move 'em.

Yeah, this isn't supposed to be a competitive exercise.  Rather, it's taking the foundation of an existing team, and seeing what you could do with a relatively clean slate.

Speaking of which, are you re-adopting rules whereby salaries "count", and should be factored in?  To me, that's always been a fairly interesting part of this.  If you're the Charlotte Bobcats, for instance, ownership just isn't going to pay for a $100,000,000 payroll unless you're winning titles, so if you spend that much, you get dinged for it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2012, 11:27:11 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Not in Kemba.

Yeah, this isn't supposed to be a competitive exercise.  Rather, it's taking the foundation of an existing team, and seeing what you could do with a relatively clean slate.

Speaking of which, are you re-adopting rules whereby salaries "count", and should be factored in?  To me, that's always been a fairly interesting part of this.  If you're the Charlotte Bobcats, for instance, ownership just isn't going to pay for a $100,000,000 payroll unless you're winning titles, so if you spend that much, you get dinged for it.

Yep, but 'count' for what? They should count, but how do you get 'dinged' in a non-competitive exercise?

« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2012, 11:27:49 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
I built around the Kings last year and thought it was pretty easy (also really helped by fist overall pick)

Hinrich
Iguodala
Melo
Taj / Bargnani
DMC

One mistake I made was not sticking to my guns and trading DeAndre Jordan for Bargs.

Re: 'Pick Two' Draft 2012 Interest Thread
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2012, 11:39:41 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 2746
  • 2012 PAPTBG & 2013 PAPOUG CHAMPION
In From Years Past:
IP
Rondo2287
Who
StartOrien
KCattheStripe
33-00-32 (looking for acceptable nicknames here. I'm gonna go with 'slick', or 'Hoss')
YokiAtTheStripe
slamtheking
wdleehi

Rookies to be considered:
theswitch

Minimum spots open:

I'm just catching up and was in desperate need of a laugh, thank you IP! and by the way...

My name is Raymond J. 33-00-32, Jr. Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me J, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me Junie, or you can call me Junior; now you can call me Ray J, or you can call me RJ, or you can call me RJJ, or you can call me RJJ Jr. but you doesn't hasta call me Mr. 33-00-32!"  ;D
G:Kemba,Payton,Hairston,Henderson,Lin
F:Parker,MKG,Budinger,Mirotic,Salmons
C:R.Lopez,Biyombo,Hickson
Coach: Shaka Smart
Rights to: Bog Bog

« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2012, 11:43:42 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Not in Kemba.

Yep, but 'count' for what? They should count, but how do you get 'dinged' in a non-competitive exercise?

Just in terms of the real-life comparison.

Like, "Charlotte definitely improved the on-court fate of the real Bobcats.  However, they also added $50 million in payroll.  Thus, there's a legitimate debate over whether the "real" or "fake" Bobcats are better off".

The dinging is all subjective, though, since there's no voting.  Rather, it's all about comparing and contrasting.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2012, 11:45:29 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Not in Kemba.

Like, "Charlotte definitely improved the on-court fate of the real Bobcats.  However, they also added $50 million in payroll.  Thus, there's a legitimate debate over whether the "real" or "fake" Bobcats are better off".

The dinging is all subjective, though, since there's no voting.  Rather, it's all about comparing and contrasting.

Agree.

« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2012, 11:46:15 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
In From Years Past:
IP
Rondo2287
Who
StartOrien
KCattheStripe
33-00-32 (looking for acceptable nicknames here. I'm gonna go with 'slick', or 'Hoss')
YokiAtTheStripe
slamtheking
wdleehi

theswitch

Minimum spots open:

I'm just catching up and was in desperate need of a laugh, thank you IP! and by the way...

My name is Raymond J. 33-00-32, Jr. Now you can call me Ray, or you can call me J, or you can call me Johnny, or you can call me Sonny, or you can call me Junie, or you can call me Junior; now you can call me Ray J, or you can call me RJ, or you can call me RJJ, or you can call me RJJ Jr. but you doesn't hasta call me Mr. 33-00-32!"  ;D

Oh I'm gonna call you Sonny. (heck) yes I am.

Oh its not personal Sonny. Strictly business.

« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2012, 11:46:38 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Like, "Charlotte definitely improved the on-court fate of the real Bobcats.  However, they also added $50 million in payroll.  Thus, there's a legitimate debate over whether the "real" or "fake" Bobcats are better off".

The dinging is all subjective, though, since there's no voting.  Rather, it's all about comparing and contrasting.

"Definitely improved the Kings, but the Maloofs would still (dispose through their urinary system) away all the revenue so essentially your work is a wash"

« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2012, 11:51:41 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Like, "Charlotte definitely improved the on-court fate of the real Bobcats.  However, they also added $50 million in payroll.  Thus, there's a legitimate debate over whether the "real" or "fake" Bobcats are better off".

The dinging is all subjective, though, since there's no voting.  Rather, it's all about comparing and contrasting.

"Definitely improved the Kings, but the Maloofs would still (dispose through their urinary system) away all the revenue so essentially your work is a wash"
Well as long as this was all hypothetical, I would move the Kings to Seattle. There. Doesn't matter what talent is on the floor, the franchise is better off.  ;D

« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2012, 11:52:56 AM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff
In From Years Past:
IP
Rondo2287
Who
StartOrien
KCattheStripe
YokiAtTheStripe
slamtheking
wdleehi

theswitch

Minimum spots open:

Oh I'm gonna call you Sonny. (heck) yes I am.

Oh its not personal Sonny. Strictly business.
It may be just me but I'm dying over here, LOL!

Yep, and it's serious business at that!

« Reply #118 on: January 20, 2012, 12:20:19 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

« Reply #119 on: January 20, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »

Offline 33-00-32

• Jim Loscutoff