Author Topic: Summer 2018 Rumored Moves  (Read 53612 times)

Re: Summer 2018 Rumored Moves
« Reply #405 on: July 24, 2018, 02:30:08 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #406 on: July 24, 2018, 02:38:11 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #407 on: July 24, 2018, 04:31:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Ian Begley
@IanBegley
The Knicks have reached an agreement with free agent big man Noah Vonleh, per ESPN sources.
3:49 PM · Jul 24, 2018

https://mobile.twitter.com/ianbegley/status/1021844765371981826

« Reply #408 on: July 24, 2018, 04:58:18 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Ian Begley
@IanBegley
The Knicks have reached an agreement with free agent big man Noah Vonleh, per ESPN sources.

I still think Vonleh could have some upside. He averaged 7 pts and 7 rebounds in 19 minutes for the bulls last year and believe it or not is only about to turn 23.

« Reply #409 on: July 24, 2018, 05:01:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Ian Begley
@IanBegley

I still think Vonleh could have some upside. He averaged 7 pts and 7 rebounds in 19 minutes for the bulls last year and believe it or not is only about to turn 23.

He could, but his work ethic has been questioned all the way back to the pre-draft process, and does not seemed to have improved much.  The Bulls gave him a chance with more minutes but decided to move on.

Low-risk signing on a talented player, however.

« Reply #410 on: July 29, 2018, 12:40:58 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Toronto interested in Greg Monroe
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #411 on: July 31, 2018, 10:29:52 AM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
Toronto interested in Greg Monroe

I mean, at this point in the summer Monroe at the minimum to eat up some regular season minutes and second-unit possessions is fine.

« Reply #412 on: August 27, 2018, 02:51:57 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
>Sixers looking at new GM targets, but may keep interim structure> by Wojnarowski

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24492287/philadelphia-76ers-expanding-gm-search-not-hire-one

« Reply #413 on: August 27, 2018, 03:50:53 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
>Sixers looking at new GM targets, but may keep interim structure> by Wojnarowski

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24492287/philadelphia-76ers-expanding-gm-search-not-hire-one

hmm that doesn't seem wise to me. They didn't get close with Lebron, Leonard or George and had their biggest free agent signing (Bejlica) renege on his deal. I wonder if they would have had a better summer with a top flight gm.

« Reply #414 on: August 27, 2018, 03:52:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703

hmm that doesn't seem wise to me. They didn't get close with Lebron, Leonard or George and had their biggest free agent signing (Bejlica) renege on his deal. I wonder if they would have had a better summer with a top flight gm.

Yeah, they totally wiffed this summer , a legit GM would have certainly helped. Maybe they are buying into all the hype about their team for this season and think they can save money by holding off on hiring a new GM for a while.

« Reply #415 on: August 27, 2018, 05:24:51 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 320

Yeah, they totally wiffed this summer , a legit GM would have certainly helped. Maybe they are buying into all the hype about their team for this season and think they can save money by holding off on hiring a new GM for a while.

I wouldn't wait too long. The Sixers are in really good shape, but they still have a ton of question marks. 

1) Can Embiid play 70+ games a year?
2) Can Simmons shoot?
3) Can Fultz shoot?
4) Is Saric a starter? We've seen a ton of flash, but is he consistent?

I wouldn't let this volatile team go unmanaged for too long. I think that Brett Brown has a lot of say at this point. I'm not sure about his GM capabilities.

« Reply #416 on: August 27, 2018, 05:59:50 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

I wouldn't wait too long. The Sixers are in really good shape, but they still have a ton of question marks. 

2) Can Simmons shoot?
3) Can Fultz shoot?

I wouldn't let this volatile team go unmanaged for too long. I think that Brett Brown has a lot of say at this point. I'm not sure about his GM capabilities.

I agree. If they had a very good GM he would already be planning on cashing in some of those prospects he deems limited for all-star caliber vet help before the rest of the league sours on some of those prospects like what happened with Okafor and Noel.

« Reply #417 on: August 27, 2018, 06:22:21 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

I doubt it.  George decided to re-sign with OKC before free agency started.  He didn't even give the Lakers a chance and they were the team George was supposed destined for.  The Spurs traded Leonard for an established all-start.  They didn't young talent/picks whether it was from the Sixers or the Lakers.  There was no decision for Lebron this time.  He clearly was going to the Lakers unless they screwed the pooch.  As for Bjelica, he reneged on a 1 year/4.5M contract for a 3 year/20.5M contract (2 years guaranteed). 

Tell me how a top flight GM, even Danny, could have or should have done anything different in any of those situations.  What the Sixers did do when they couldn't get any of their top targets was only sign 1 year contracts and make trades that allowed them to maintain their cap space for 2019. 

There's no reason for the Sixers to rush their GM search.  It is much more important to find the right person who will fit into their approach and be able to work well with the people they have in place including coach Brown. 

« Reply #418 on: August 27, 2018, 06:28:19 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

2) Can Simmons shoot?
3) Can Fultz shoot?

I agree. If they had a very good GM he would already be planning on cashing in some of those prospects he deems limited for all-star caliber vet help before the rest of the league sours on some of those prospects like what happened with Okafor and Noel.
You do realize the souring on Okafor and Noel occurred on Colangelo's (a supposedly good GM) watch.  Who are these prospects that they should be cashing in on?  Who are these all-star caliber vets that are available for them to get? 

« Reply #419 on: August 27, 2018, 06:56:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

2) Can Simmons shoot?
3) Can Fultz shoot?

You do realize the souring on Okafor and Noel occurred on Colangelo's (a supposedly good GM) watch.  Who are these prospects that they should be cashing in on?  Who are these all-star caliber vets that are available for them to get?

I never called Colangelo a good GM. They missed their chances to sell high on both of those guys imo. Even a large percentage of the people on here were clamoring for the Celtics to trade legit assets for one of those guys not too long ago.

If they were more aggressive in moving some of their prospects they could have had Kawhi. They still could have Butler. Those are just two examples. They also should have signed IT.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:05:14 PM by hpantazo »