Author Topic: Ainge admits to pursuing Amare, Martin and others that media didn't mention  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Vegas Green

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/news/story?id=4929309

I wonder who the unknown players he pursued were?

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Amare.  I wonder how he would have fit in.  Does Amare play defense?

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
My guess we took a stab at Boozer. He was definitely on the block. I also heard we tried to get Beasley but I forget where I read that.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
My guess we took a stab at Boozer. He was definitely on the block. I also heard we tried to get Beasley but I forget where I read that.

It makes no sense for Miami to trade Beasley, a lottery pick, future star who is still on his rookie contract.  I doubt we had anyone that Miami would want for Beasley.

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

It makes no sense for Miami to trade Beasley, a lottery pick, future star who is still on his rookie contract.  I doubt we had anyone that Miami would want for Beasley.

Well that's probably why the trade did not go through.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I heard part of that interview on WEEI.  Sounded like Caron Butler was definitely in the discussions, but not Antawn Jamison.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Amare.  I wonder how he would have fit in.  Does Amare play defense?

Hmmm...he's a good player. That's how he would've "fit in." Isn't a player being very talented a good enough reason to pursue him and get him on your team?

There's seems to be an awful lot of talk about "fits" on this site. Is this becoming the Levis Jeans blog?

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

THey could have been trying to move him to obtain assets that would help them get Amare.