Author Topic: Hollinger on the C's Trade  (Read 8791 times)

Re: Hollinger on the C's Trade
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2010, 07:38:45 PM »

Offline cavman

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
I tend to agree with his analysis.
Low risk for the Cs.  Potential high payoff.

By the way, anyone notice a pattern here?
(Marbury last year, Nate this year... maybe we can finally address the backup PG spot this next offseason).

Dan Dickau might be available again.  Theo has shortstops, Danny has PGs as his weakness.  Oh, well.  At least he go the starting PG right.
"The most important thing is the ability to communicate.  It's not how much you know.  It's how you communicate what you know."  Red

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2010, 07:43:30 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Yup, you may be right...Nate will help.

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2010, 07:46:05 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
I tend to agree with his analysis.
Low risk for the Cs.  Potential high payoff.

By the way, anyone notice a pattern here?
(Marbury last year, Nate this year... maybe we can finally address the backup PG spot this next offseason).

You have two guards running this team......that is how they think. It took until KG got here before Perk ever got a pass in the paint..! That is why Sheldon doesn't play, Doc doesn't understand how to get rebounds....he wants them, but don't know where they come from....!

Dan Dickau might be available again.  Theo has shortstops, Danny has PGs as his weakness.  Oh, well.  At least he go the starting PG right.

You have two guards running this team......that is how they think. It took until KG got here before Perk ever got a pass in the paint..! That is why Sheldon doesn't play, Doc doesn't understand how to get rebounds....he wants them, but don't know where they come from....!

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2010, 07:54:24 PM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
I think the Celtics main mismatch that they haven't addressed yet is RASHARD LEWIS.  We've got nobody to match up to him defensively.  He's a tall small forward with a 3 point shot who can also drive to the basket.  I don't think that BBD is quick enough to guard him out to 3 AND stop him from driving at will.  I guess we address this with help defense?  But 1 on 1, he poses a bad matchup for the Celts.  Backup PG is solved in my mind.  But we need a 4 with some quickness and defense to stop freakish SFs like Lewis and Odom.
Uh Kevin Garnett?

Unless he recovers to about 90-95%, he won't be able to guard them. An SF, about 6'8" who can defend well and hit the three-point shot (hmmm...sounds mysteriously like James Posey?) will be able to give both Pierce and KG a breather when guarding these cornermen types as well as regular SFs.

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2010, 08:06:38 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
As already mentioned the key here is that Daniels can now play SG/SF rather than PG/SG. This will give Pierce a breather. Landry has better size than Walker or Giddens and may also be able to help at SF; but still hoping for a legit 6'-8" wing player.

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2010, 01:55:35 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Robinson is not a pg by any stretch of the imagination. The guy is first score if no option pass guard. He would have been an intriguing offensive guard if he was like 6'3 even.

The good part is he can dribble the ball and if none of the backups want to take part in scoring take charge and do all the scoring (this can be also true if the other backups may want to score)

Our backup lineup now with robinson looks like

Wallace
BBD
Daniels
T. Allen
Robinson

can't wait to see what they can do. Rondo really needs some rest minutes between quarters

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2010, 02:57:28 AM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • You say when......
I didn't mean rondo and robinson, i meant danny and doc.......