Author Topic: C's Players. Not Too Thrilled About Nate  (Read 8250 times)

Re: C's Players. Not Too Thrilled About Nate
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2010, 05:45:48 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Rondo might not be all around happy, but that is to be expected, no #1 point guard would welcome a #1.5 point guard. Rondo is playing great and always getting better, but no one wants someone there that might take their job......A second pg is great, too bad they didn't find a rebounder..like Camby, we'll see how Camby does tonight...Nate too..!

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2010, 06:10:49 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Eddie House was a great player and a great locker room guy.  Of course he's going to miss.  But Nate brings more to the table talentwise.  He can dribble penetrate and bring the ball up, unlike Eddie.  I'll miss House because he was a money shooter from 3 point land, but I'll welcome Nate, cos he makes this team better talentwise.

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2010, 06:13:15 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
WORD AAPP!

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2010, 07:21:00 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/02/19/celtics.trade/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Sure hope this doesn't conflict with the chemistry. Im sure KG will fall in love with this guys enthusiasm. My main concern in Rondo.

I think that the article was a bit misleading.  I watched the interviews.  Ray was more relieved that he wasn't traded.  Clearly, he has a close relationship with Eddie.  Doc is excited.  His emphasis was like a captain supporting his crew, while the boat was taking on water.  Rondo was aloof and non-committal.

The thing is, that while we play GM while putting up candidates on the ESPN trade machine, these guys practice,
compete, travel and eat together.  They are friends, are involved in each other's lives and care about each other.  So when someone get's traded its like losing someone you love.
Imagine having a close friend at work, who gets transferred to another office and has to move.  You might not know or like the new guy coming in.  But you would hate your friend leaving.  Eddie was that friend.

But if Nate plays well and know's his role, all will be good
in the Hub.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2010, 07:49:50 PM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/02/19/celtics.trade/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Sure hope this doesn't conflict with the chemistry. Im sure KG will fall in love with this guys enthusiasm. My main concern in Rondo.

I think that the article was a bit misleading.  I watched the interviews.  Ray was more relieved that he wasn't traded.  Clearly, he has a close relationship with Eddie.  Doc is excited.  His emphasis was like a captain supporting his crew, while the boat was taking on water.  Rondo was aloof and non-committal.

The thing is, that while we play GM while putting up candidates on the ESPN trade machine, these guys practice,
compete, travel and eat together.  They are friends, are involved in each other's lives and care about each other.  So when someone get's traded its like losing someone you love.
Imagine having a close friend at work, who gets transferred to another office and has to move.  You might not know or like the new guy coming in.  But you would hate your friend leaving.  Eddie was that friend.

But if Nate plays well and know's his role, all will be good
in the Hub.

I 100% agree. This was more about the loss of Eddie than the arrival of Nate. And as someone pointed out, Nate hasn't joined the team yet so the void Eddie left is even bigger.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2010, 08:11:36 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
i hate to see eddie house leaving the Celtics - i hate it. he was all about the team and was a huge part of the '08 title run. i'll never forget that 18' jumper off the right wing in the fourth quarter of game 4 of the finals - he'll always be a Celtic, just like guys like gerald henderson, emmett bryant, larry sigfried and jerry sichting.

on the other hand, maybe they have to say it - but i had to laugh a little at the players' comments about how the team was just fine and didn't need any changes. huh ? what planet are those guys living on - this team needs a shakeup and some help in a big way.

the big mistake, in hindsight, was signing rasheed wallace. the guy has been a total bust in my eyes. his lazy front-runner style just doesn't fit this team's MO. at this point, it's gonna be very difficult to overcome that mistake - unless by some miracle, a light comes on and rasheed comes alive once the playoffs begin.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce