Author Topic: Rozier finally played defense again  (Read 798 times)

Rozier finally played defense again
« on: January 18, 2019, 07:50:39 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
The dramatic shift of his intensity and his ability to get over the top like Avery Bradley and his pace getting the ball up court.   
Can't leave out Marcus Smarts play.

Re: Rozier finally played defense again
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 08:22:14 AM »

Offline drooldaddy

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
Interesting that you point that out.I said exactly that while watching the game. If he wants playing time that kind of defensive effort might help

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 10:12:06 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
At first i thought it was his sneakers creating some go fast illusion or just drawing attention to his effort..but it was effort and that is what Kyrie was talking about.Effort that Marcus puts out ,Danny drafted the kid on his tireless effort and the intensity of his defense.

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 10:50:16 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
Interesting that you point that out.I said exactly that while watching the game. If he wants playing time that kind of defensive effort might help

Like Jaylen and Gordon, I think Terry's play fluctuates with his mood. There are times (like against Toronto) that he is switched on and committed and it's usually very evident in the defensive intensity. Then there are the infuriating times when he seems lackadaisical and lazy on defense. Just got to find that switch and play hard defensively all the time even if you're not on the court much or not making buckets. Even if he only scores 5 pts we have plenty of scorers, but if he can defend hard all the time there will always be minutes for him.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 11:01:54 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
TP Rollie.  Terry has to understand that his role on the team begins with defense.  His offense is gravy.

If this team can re-commit to 48 minutes of intense defensive pressure, which produces turnovers and easy buckets, we will be able to establish (or should I say re-establish) our identity.

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 11:39:53 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
The nice part is that Terry really can defend well when he wants to. Terry needs to stop thinking about free agency and showcasing himself and let his overall play speak for itself.

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2019, 12:45:13 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
also noticed his great energy in that game.  Keep it up Terry!  When you play like that and pressure the ball handler the Celtics are much tougher...