Author Topic: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green  (Read 32702 times)

Re: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »

Offline bostonsportsforlife

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 23
With how bad we are, does Rondo re-sign with us? Might be best to trade him now, though it might be an ultimate sell-low.

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 05:10:39 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Dallas seems like the most likely trade partner.  They don't have many prospects, though.

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 05:17:23 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Dealing him is the logical move.  This team is not winning anytime soon, and they're going to build around Smart.

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 05:17:40 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
I'm hoping for Houston. Would love to see Danny help McHale to a championship this year.

It's gotta be the Kings. They're the only ones willing to approach Danny's price. Lol it would be funny if DA traded rondo just to sign him with cap space next year.
Their owner said he wants the next coach to be a "Jazz Director".

Sounds like someone who probably appreciates Rondo's game.

I'm feeling a Rondo for McLemore plus picks trade coming.

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 05:17:56 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I'm hoping for Houston. Would love to see Danny help McHale to a championship this year.

I think Dallas would be the best fit. Rondo and Dirk would be excellent in pick and pops, as would Rondo and Chandler in lobs around the basket. They have good shooter to create spacing and no one, except Ellis at times, is really ball dominant.

Rondo actively makes Dallas worse, at least he's not a good fit with the way they've been playing this year on the offensive end. I think he'd be a much better fit on a team like Utah, who desperately need a point guard.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 05:18:59 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

It's gotta be the Kings. They're the only ones willing to approach Danny's price. Lol it would be funny if DA traded rondo just to sign him with cap space next year.
Their owner said he wants the next coach to be a "Jazz Director".

Sounds like someone who probably appreciates Rondo's game.

I'm feeling a Rondo for McLemore plus picks trade coming.

McLemore can really play. That kid has significantly improved on both ends. A lot of upside there.

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 05:19:11 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Western Conference teams for who Rondo would be an upgrade:
Dallas- they have nothing we would want
Utah- they have plenty of young talent we would want, but they are unlikely to convince Rondo to stay so they are out.
Sacramento- if Rondo wouldn't go there last year I'm not sure why his mind would change.
New Orleans- Tyreke Evans, or Jrue Holiday and a pick could be good value
Lakers- They lose their first round pick if they aren't in the bottom five, they aren't going to make the playoffs this year even with Rondo.
Rockets- They have NOLA's first an expiring in Jason Terry and the ability to attach a young player to the deal

DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 05:19:13 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
here we go....
Wojnarowski is probably the most reliable with this stuff even if he does pick and choose what he wants to report.
Doesn't really have any reason to make this up- but whoever he heard it from may have a reason by wanting Rondo to harbor doubt about re-signing in Boston.
It's more likely that this is just a factual report from Woj and the Celtics are trying to ramp up his value.
Most likely target has got to be Sacramento and their weirdo owner who's willing to pay him the max which Danny won't match.
If Danny has info that says the Kings will offer Rondo as much as possible over 4 years then he may look to move him now while their crazy owner is on his current mission to speed up the tempo of their play. (That was the reasoning behind Malone's firing).

Would have to think most likely spots are:
-Sacramento (owner is a headcase and will pay the farm).
-Phoenix (3 team trade where we get Bledsoe or Dragic.)
-Houston- They give up the shooting at the point guard spot but Harden and Rondo's penetration and pick+roll with Howard, surrounded by 3 other shooters= dangerous.
-Dallas (pick and roll with Dirk and Chandler and three point shooters)
-New Orleans (pair him with Davis- although they don't have much that we'd want in return).
-LA, give Kobe a wingman and also make them more attractive as an FA destination for Hibbert or Marc Gasol (we pick their pick this year if it's a top 5 pick or they draft for us).

I don't think Green being on the block is a surprise- he's been on the block for 2 seasons now in my opinion.

Danny may get some real value out of a combination of Rondo+Green going out together to a team that wants Rondo's bird rights and also wants to win as many as possible.

Boston sends:Green+Rondo+Olynyk
for
Lakers send: (would they win enough to lose the pick this year?)+Julius Randle+Nash.

Houston sends:
Terrence Jones+ Clint Capela+Jason Terry+Ariza
Boston sends:
Rondo+Green+Faverani.

Houston then goes after a suitable starting PF to replace Jones if they won't start Montejunas. (maybe we include Bass for Montejunas if they won't start Montejunas next to Howard.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 05:39:42 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2014, 05:19:51 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

I think Dallas would be the best fit. Rondo and Dirk would be excellent in pick and pops, as would Rondo and Chandler in lobs around the basket. They have good shooter to create spacing and no one, except Ellis at times, is really ball dominant.

Rondo actively makes Dallas worse, at least he's not a good fit with the way they've been playing this year on the offensive end. I think he'd be a much better fit on a team like Utah, who desperately need a point guard.
Makes sense until you factor in Rondo not resigning there. They do have some intriguing pieces however.

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2014, 05:20:02 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
rondo+green represents pretty much our strongest possible package.  especially if picks are added. 

I bet Ainge is negotiating for Carmelo, trying to show Phil that he has Western Conf. deals lined up if he balks. 

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 05:20:20 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Did you write that correctly or did you mean, "Rondo actively makes Dallas worse, at least he's not a good fit with the way HE'S been playing this year on the offensive end"?

Rondo would never re-sign in Utah. Plus, Burke is just starting his second season. I think they'll give a little more rope.

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2014, 05:20:34 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Yeah but there's numerous reasons why Utah wouldn't make any sense.

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2014, 05:21:03 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Just don’t bring back more "assets" i think we have enough of those.

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2014, 05:22:07 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Houston may be best trade partner. They want Rondo, have a TE, have two first, and some young players to deal.

I don't think their TE can be used in a trade for Rondo since it is just $8.4 million and can't be used with other outgoing players.  Kostas Pap, Jet, and the Pelicans first round pick might make sense. I don't know much about Kostas Pap, but he's a young small forward that has been getting minutes for the Rockets as a rookie.

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 05:22:59 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Jazz are a good team fit but they may not meet the price.