Author Topic: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green  (Read 32702 times)

Re: Yahoo! (Woj/Spears): C's showing willingness to deal Rondo & Green
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2014, 11:18:28 PM »

Offline sed522002

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 221
Marc Stein ?@ESPNSteinLine  2m2 minutes ago
Story going online details Celtics/Mavs talks in which Boston would get at least one first and blossoming center Brandan Wright for Rondo

« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2014, 11:18:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
We probably have to take Nelson or Felton in any deal.   Salaries are difficult match in a Dallas trade

no thanks. Both are for sure going to pick up their player options next season

Brandan Wright and fillers . Then waive the fillers

Sorry...but they have do get someone better than Wright for Rondo.  This is Wright's 7th year in the league and he's done a bunch of nothing...7pts, 4 rebs, 1 block...PU.

But Wright's PER!!!!

But really, triboy's post was about Wright's expiring contract, and not Wright the player. Salary reasons. Dallas's only offer in terms of assets is fututre 1sts, unless you're a huge Ricky Ledo fan. :P

who was the fan here that was obsessed with Wright and wanted Danny to draft him?

Me, back in '07. ;D I've grown up since then.....

Wright's not a bad player or anything, just that I got carried away with his athleticism and lost focus on that he really didn't have much in the way of an offensive game. He plays hard and he gets garbage buckets.

Edit: If memory serves me correctly, Roy wanted Brandan Wright also. I might be wrong.

puhaha. Was that you??

It's cool . I mean i thought wright was going to be out of the league the way he struggled his first 2, 3 seasons. But now is a decent young vet kind of like an Amir Johnson

« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2014, 11:19:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Any Rondo-apologists out there who think Woj is making this stuff up?  Just curious.  Sounds like we're shopping Rondo hard again.  Wonder if we'll find a taker this time around.  Basically running out of time... we need to move him in the next two months or risk losing him for nothing.

If the Mavs are going for Rondo hard like Woj says, what can they really offer?   WHo is on the table? 

Anyone wonder if Ainge's willingness to trade Rondo has to do with how available Lance Stephenson is?  Like, if you could move Jeff Green for Stephenson and then move Rondo + picks for Parsons, would you do it?

Doubt it would be something as substantial as Parsons though.  Wright's expiring and filler assets makes more sense.

No chance the Mavs offer Parsons. Their best offer will be two 1sts and salary filler, take it or leave it.

Also, I don't think Danny wants any part of Lance.
Per Woj:  " Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA  ?  1h 1 hour ago

Boston's discussing Rondo trades on multiple fronts, but Mavericks are showing an increasing interest in deal for Rondo, sources tell Yahoo."

Probably being leaked by Boston to get Vivek and the nutty folks running the Kings to send us a stupid offer.

« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2014, 11:19:38 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Story going online details Celtics/Mavs talks in which Boston would get at least one first and blossoming center Brandan Wright for Rondo

Danny you magnificent b*stard.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #154 on: December 17, 2014, 11:19:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!

"Blossoming center"? That's mighty generous.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #155 on: December 17, 2014, 11:20:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I don't know about Blossoming, but Wright has the length, shot blocking we can use.   

I don't think Dallas is going to give up 2 1sts.

Wright, 1st  and 2 2nds

« Reply #156 on: December 17, 2014, 11:20:13 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Anyone wonder if Ainge's willingness to trade Rondo has to do with how available Lance Stephenson is?  Like, if you could move Jeff Green for Stephenson and then move Rondo + picks for Parsons, would you do it?

Doubt it would be something as substantial as Parsons though.  Wright's expiring and filler assets makes more sense.

Parsons is a lateral move on Jeff Green.

Personally, I prefer Green by a smidge. More athletic and better able to matchup against top athletes at SF position like LeBron and Durant.

Why bother making a move for Parsons at all?

« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2014, 11:20:20 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1765
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Any Rondo-apologists out there who think Woj is making this stuff up?  Just curious.  Sounds like we're shopping Rondo hard again.  Wonder if we'll find a taker this time around.  Basically running out of time... we need to move him in the next two months or risk losing him for nothing.

If the Mavs are going for Rondo hard like Woj says, what can they really offer?   WHo is on the table? 

I liked Parsons before this year, but don't know that I want to pay him over $15 mil / yr for the next three years. Also, Green for Stephenson? I think that is a major overpay on our part. I can see moving AB and his four year contract for him, but not Green.

If it is to Sac, I would want it to be McLemore, a pick, and decent filler and I would like to see the pick and decent filler be moved to another team for a player of McLemore's caliber - I guess we would be looking at a C or PG if this happened.

« Reply #158 on: December 17, 2014, 11:20:42 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

No chance the Mavs offer Parsons. Their best offer will be two 1sts and salary filler, take it or leave it.

Boston's discussing Rondo trades on multiple fronts, but Mavericks are showing an increasing interest in deal for Rondo, sources tell Yahoo."

Probably being leaked by Boston to get Vivek and the nutty folks running the Kings to send us a stupid offer.

Problem is Deron Williams is also on the market.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #159 on: December 17, 2014, 11:20:50 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

"Blossoming center"? That's mighty generous.

thats a bad return, those picks will be around #25 and a 7 year role player

« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:15 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!

People keep talking about Sac. I don't think Rondo resigns there. If you could choose between Vivek and Cuban, who are you hedging your bets on?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #161 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
Brandan Wright is a backup center. Not capable of being the starting center Boston needs.
Celtics already have a backup center = Tyler Zeller.

Why trade Rondo for a backup center and two late 1sts?
It is a terrible return.

« Reply #162 on: December 17, 2014, 11:21:28 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

Smart and Lance would be a very very very interesting backcourt lol

« Reply #163 on: December 17, 2014, 11:22:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine  ?  5m 5 minutes ago

Lol.  People are going to be soo... soooo mad.

« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2014, 11:22:32 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

People keep talking about Sac. I don't think Rondo resigns there. If you could choose between Vivek and Cuban, who are you hedging your bets on?

His buddies Gay and Cousins play on the Kings, though. I'm not really sure how big of a factor that is, but it probably does play some role.