Author Topic: Marcus Smart being robbed  (Read 1386 times)

Marcus Smart being robbed
« on: February 22, 2016, 01:51:12 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
His defensive moves are brilliant, yet they are being overlooked by lousy officials, most of whom do not belong in the NBA. I'm not exaggerating here, his moves are so quick and cat like he actually out thinks his opponent and beats him to the point of contact.  meanwhile these dimwitted officials are killing him with penalties.
I've noticed most Celtic players are very disciplined on defense and I'll bet if a game were selectively officiated fairly it might be very embarrassing how few penalties the Celtics had at the end of a game.  and then maybe I answered my own question, so they (the officials) don't look so stupid they have to keep it somewhat equal. but it still takes way from the way they treat Marcus!!!

Re: Marcus Smart being robbed
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 07:01:45 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
TP
Obviously the referees don't believe Boston aren't bullying anymore and play smart discipline defense. Not much contact or sly stuff, only clever reach and steals.
Smart's defense is very underrated, too good to be true, I believe.
But I'm hopeful with time, referees are gonna realized that.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 12:08:41 PM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Olynyk is another guy that doesn't get any breaks yet he seems to have his body vertical and in good blocking position.  On top of that he always seems polite and doesn't argue with the refs like some of these guys!!! but they just seem to be on the guy, maybe it's the hair!!!

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 12:13:43 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Apart from the last two games, the frequency of fouls called against him seems to be lower than that compared to his rookie year.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 12:50:55 PM »

Offline HuskerCeltic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
I agree that refs get away with questionable calls all the time in the NBA. I see the NBA as the hardest league to get right. It is said that you could call holding on every play in the NFL. I think there is a 50/50 play constantly in the NBA. I am calling a 50/50 play something that is a play that is called both a foul and a non-foul with regularity.

I think it would be a great idea to have replay be able to rescind fouls during a game. Do it without changing the outcome of the foul and without taking time out to review.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 01:07:39 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Apart from the last two games, the frequency of fouls called against him seems to be lower than that compared to his rookie year.

I agree.

I think in time ....if he can remain healthy now .......Marcus is Star in the ruff .......there will come a time in the future .....other teams and fans will say the same about him.   Smart gets all the calls .

Marcus is learning fast how to use the system, play the refs , he ll eventually be one of the guys you can not touch.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 01:16:48 PM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
It will work out and he will get more respect. He and Crowder ride the line between a foul and not a foul constantly. When you're guarding as physically and close as he does, its easy to call lots of little things bumps. He gotta feel out the refs and stuff, all of those skills will improve.