Author Topic: Fultz vs Tatum + LA 2018/Sac 2019/Phi 2019 (Predictions/Scoreboard Thread)  (Read 640 times)

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
So I am hoping that this thread can be something that we revisit over time.  I want to hear everyone's short term and long terms predictions about all assets in the deal.  This isn't a thread to debate the trade with Philly.  Let's hear everyone's take on all players involved.

Markelle Fultz - In the short term this is going to look like a huge payoff for the Sixers.  Fultz will put up great rookie numbers and the Sixers will be over .500 in games played by Simmons/Embid/Fultz.  Barring injuries they will grab a low playoff seed.  The James Harden comparisons will look accurate.  With that said, the homer in me trusts Danny Ainge with the talent evaluation.  Fultz will end up becoming an elite scorer that doesn't have the intangibles or leadership to win big games in the playoffs.   

Jayson Tatum - His rookie season will be very reminiscent of Jaylen's.  Brad will put Tatum in spots to take advantage of his natural offensive game.  Tatum will earn his minutes based upon the ability to make the right decisions on the defensive side of the floor.  By the end of the season we will all fall in love with his work ethic and believe that Danny hit once again on the pick.  On the flip side the National Media will declare that we lost out big time on the trade.

Long term I believe Tatum will become a perennial All-Star but not necessarily an All-NBA player.  Fultz will always look like the better player but Tatum will be a selfless player with the ability to make winning plays.  The intangibles are going to make him the correct fit for our team.

LA 2018/Sac 2019/Phi 2019 - My prediction isn't the best or worst case scenario for Boston.  The Lakers will improve will Ball but still end up being the 5th worst team.  Their draft slot doesn't change and the Celtics end up with the #5 pick in the draft.