Author Topic: Doc: "We have to find the right combo or some people have to go"  (Read 30280 times)

Re: Doc: "We have to find the right combo or some people have to go"
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2013, 10:45:05 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Posted after the west coast dibacle that doc doesn't like this team. Tonight reinforced my thoughts. This deep into the season and zero is changing. The winning streak was fools gold...doc said as much tonight

Jason terry has been a flat out bust so far. Bass has been a bust. Lee is up and down. Green not sure yet.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2013, 10:48:19 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
"[The start of game] was awful, we are playing awful. I’m clearly not doing my job with this team. And I’m serious, I’m not trying to take a bullet for the team. And I told them that. I said, ‘We got to find something where every night, all 12 guys play the same way.’ We did it for three games in a stretch. I told them that games 4 and 5 in that [six-game] winning streak were garbage; We just won the game. I gotta figure that out. I told the guys that, I gotta figure it out. Because I don’t think the guys are honest with each other. I just don’t think we have committed to being a good basketball team.

"I think this team wants everything easy. They want the easy way out. They want to win easy. And I told them the only way you’re going to win easy is your going to have to play hard. The harder you play, the easier the games become. We’re taking the wrong approach. I gotta either find the right combination, the right guys, or we’re going to get some guys out of here. It’s the bottom line. Because this group right now, they are not playing right. It’s in them to play right. But right now they haven't been -- either because I’m not getting to them, or they are not getting to each other. But at the end of the day, either we gotta do that, or we gotta make changes."

Via Doc

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2013, 10:49:19 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Look in the mirror Doc............
I accept that Doc has lost some games this year with his poor coaching... but tonight's not one of them!

Doc wasn't just talking about tonight...and neither was I.

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 10:50:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
On the post game show he just said this has to change or some people have to go

Wow he was p---ed and then ended the interview ...

Good for Doc...!!!! Put RONDO and worthless Jet on the hot seat... 

I'd love to see ROndo in a SUPERSONICS jersey. and JET too.

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2013, 10:51:41 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
"[The start of game] was awful, we are playing awful. I’m clearly not doing my job with this team. And I’m serious, I’m not trying to take a bullet for the team. And I told them that. I said, ‘We got to find something where every night, all 12 guys play the same way.’ We did it for three games in a stretch. I told them that games 4 and 5 in that [six-game] winning streak were garbage; We just won the game. I gotta figure that out. I told the guys that, I gotta figure it out. Because I don’t think the guys are honest with each other. I just don’t think we have committed to being a good basketball team.

"I think this team wants everything easy. They want the easy way out. They want to win easy. And I told them the only way you’re going to win easy is your going to have to play hard. The harder you play, the easier the games become. We’re taking the wrong approach. I gotta either find the right combination, the right guys, or we’re going to get some guys out of here. It’s the bottom line. Because this group right now, they are not playing right. It’s in them to play right. But right now they haven't been -- either because I’m not getting to them, or they are not getting to each other. But at the end of the day, either we gotta do that, or we gotta make changes."

Via Doc

this

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2013, 10:53:43 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
Posted after the west coast dibacle that doc doesn't like this team. Tonight reinforced my thoughts. This deep into the season and zero is changing. The winning streak was fools gold...doc said as much tonight

I don't think it was fools gold. We saw how the C's need to play. They need to be aggressive on both sides of the ball. Too many times this team goes back to the bad lazy basketball. For whatever reason (most probably due to age) they settle for bad shots and refuse to play solid defense.

You lead by example and the leaders of this team aren't doing that. It's been that way for years and hasn't changed so I don't see changing now.

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2013, 10:55:30 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This is what was reported with kg and pp. they have been unhappy with the way the new guys handle games...losing...etc. somebody needs to be traded...start with a Jason and ends in a terry

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • MASTER OF PANIC

I don't think it was fools gold. We saw how the C's need to play. They need to be aggressive on both sides of the ball. Too many times this team goes back to the bad lazy basketball. For whatever reason (most probably due to age) they settle for bad shots and refuse to play solid d&efense.

You lead by example and the leaders of this team aren't doing that. It's been that way for years and hasn't changed so I don't see changing now.

Fools gold meaning they had figured out how to change the bad habits..

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 10:59:42 PM »

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
This is what was reported with kg and pp. they have been unhappy with the way the new guys handle games...losing...etc. somebody needs to be traded...start with a Jason and ends in a terry

I'm unhappy with the way PP handles games! He has no right calling other people out, he's playing horrendous basketball

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2013, 10:59:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Doc's right, the biggest hole, the only hole this team has on paper is a rim-defending, rebounding 5. This team just isn't getting it done consistently, and on paper it should be.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2013, 11:01:00 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!

I don't think it was fools gold. We saw how the C's need to play. They need to be aggressive on both sides of the ball. Too many times this team goes back to the bad lazy basketball. For whatever reason (most probably due to age) they settle for bad shots and refuse to play solid d&efense.

Fools gold meaning they had figured out how to change the bad habits..

Yea the bad habits were there even during some of those wins. Houston and Charlotte games primarily.

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2013, 11:01:41 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Bass is obviously a guy. Even though he played solid tonight I'm sure green is one too. Lee also. I'd be surprised if jet was a guy not being serious. He says guys don't want to play hard. Outside of kg and Bradley that could be anyone.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2013, 11:10:41 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Idk if Bass was one of the guys joking around after the losses but i also dont know if he is taking this to serious. I feel like Terry and maybe Green were the guys doing the joking. Terry seems to try to hard about being the Rha Rha guy and thinking everything is going to be alright. I really hope things start turing around. But no the less someone needs to be moved.

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 11:11:35 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Doc's right, the biggest hole, the only hole this team has on paper is a rim-defending, rebounding 5. This team just isn't getting it done consistently, and on paper it should be.

I agree, although I think that the other hole the team has is a young horse to carry the load on offense on a consistent basis. 

Pierce is having a good season and is one of the top scorers in the league, but the consistency isn't there -- which is definitely understandable at his age.

Going into this season, I think the hope was that Rondo would step up and carry some of that burden to make it easier, scoring more like 15-16 points a night instead of 12-13, and perhaps more importantly, giving the team consistent double digit scoring on efficient shooting the vast majority of the time.  Unfortunately, that just hasn't really happened.  To be fair, I think that's probably just not his game.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 11:14:22 PM »

Offline frosty33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
"I think this team wants everything easy. They want the easy way out. They want to win easy. And I told them the only way you’re going to win easy is you're going to have to play hard. The harder you play, the easier the games become. We’re taking the wrong approach. I've got to either find the right combination, the right guys, or we’re going to get some guys out of here. It’s the bottom line. Because this group right now, they are not playing right. It’s in them to play right. But right now they haven't been -- either because I’m not getting to them, or they are not getting to each other. But at the end of the day, either we've got to do that, or we've got to make changes."  - Doc