Author Topic: Dempster drills A-rod with fastball to the ribs. red sox vs yankees  (Read 12349 times)

Re: Dempster drills A-rod with fastball to the ribs. red sox vs yankees
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 07:05:04 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I hate A-Rod even more now because he doesn't have to serve his sentence. No one else apparently can appeal their sentence.  He is "too big to let fail" like some kind of giant bank.  This is just the latest reason thing he has done that is hateful.
The others waived their appeals.

He'll be suspended, they're just arguing over how long the suspension will be now.
Why did the others waive their appeals?  Because it is a painful process that opens them up to all sorts of discoveries and they don't want to drag their families through it.  Why did A-Rod NOT waive his appeal?  Because he is a delusional fathead who can't live with anyone saying he anything other than the greatest ball player of all time. This is what he wants for a legacy, no matter how many people come to hate him for it. Gee maybe I've mixed him up with Barry Bonds. No surprise.

Suspended?  Well he's is still playing baseball and will through the rest of this season since the hearing isn't until November.  Gee how convenient Bud Selig. You get show what a tough guy you are and yet still have A-Rod as your "face of the game". He probably won't start his suspension until he is ready to retire. You see, there's baseball rules and then there are A-Rod rules. This game is a joke and getting worse every year.

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 08:02:00 PM »

Offline TripleThreat

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
I don't understand why so many have so much hate and vitriol toward A-Rod.

Direct that dislike to the Yankees who knew what A-Rod was doing, but traded for him in 2004 and then signed him again in 2008.

I don't mind a little bean ball if it's done in retaliation, but I don't like what Dempster did tonight.
Agreed.

Also if you're Red Sox fans, I wouldn't gloat too much given that much the same stuff was going on with your team during the WS runs. Just like it was across the league.

As for A-Rod, I hope the Yankees have to pay him every cent, hurts their flexibility and punishes their stupidity.

The difference is Rodriguez allegedly intimidated witnesses and purchased incriminating evidence to try to clear his name. The others apologized, took their punishments and moved on. Not to mention this is the second PED scandal he's been involved in.

Selig should have invoked the "integrity of the game" clause and told Rodriguez to hang up his spikes. Instead he continues to help his team win.

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 08:49:45 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I have much more respect for Dempster than ever before.  good for him.

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 09:36:38 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I hope this started a trend and pitchers every night drill Arod for the rest of the season for being such a tool.

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 09:40:26 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Oye....stay classy Sox fans.

Not defending ARod, but yeesh...the vitriol between the Yanks and Sox is disgusting.

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 09:43:33 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
I don't understand why so many have so much hate and vitriol toward A-Rod.

Direct that dislike to the Yankees who knew what A-Rod was doing, but traded for him in 2004 and then signed him again in 2008.

I don't mind a little bean ball if it's done in retaliation, but I don't like what Dempster did tonight.
Agreed.

Also if you're Red Sox fans, I wouldn't gloat too much given that much the same stuff was going on with your team during the WS runs. Just like it was across the league.

As for A-Rod, I hope the Yankees have to pay him every cent, hurts their flexibility and punishes their stupidity.

The difference is Rodriguez allegedly intimidated witnesses and purchased incriminating evidence to try to clear his name. The others apologized, took their punishments and moved on. Not to mention this is the second PED scandal he's been involved in.

Selig should have invoked the "integrity of the game" clause and told Rodriguez to hang up his spikes. Instead he continues to help his team win.

Also looks like A-rod was paying the lawyer for the guy who ran the Biogenesis scandal including trying to make a $50,000 wire payment to the lawyer which was rejected.  Also, im not aware of a failed drug test during the WS seasons for the red sox players. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 10:25:34 PM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Oye....stay classy Sox fans.

Not defending ARod, but yeesh...the vitriol between the Yanks and Sox is disgusting.

It's hate for ARod mainly. Yankees are an opponent.

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 11:03:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Wow. Gotta get me a Dempster jersey.  A little self-policing never hurt the sport or anyone....except A-Rod.   

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2013, 12:11:02 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I don't follow baseball much anymore, but shouldn't it be worrying that it took this guy four tries to hit something much larger than the strike zone?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2013, 12:16:23 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think I was more surprised that Girardi was that fired up; I thought all the Yankees management hated A-Rod.  Brian Cashman was probably p---ed that Dempster didn't aim higher.

There is a difference between the team and the organization. ARod (and his camp) and the Yankees organization have beef. I believe the Yankees are in the wrong. They knew he was on something, and still gave him an even larger contract than his previous one. Once he stopped putting up MVP numbers, they turn their backs on him. I think they intentionally kept him out this year longer than necessary (hoping a suspension would kick in), possibly purposely messed up his diagnosis last year, and potentially had something to do with the investigation.

That said, I don't think any of that spills over into the clubhouse. I'm glad Girardi did what he did and it definitely didn't appear to be an act, especially given his post game comments after a few hours to calm down.

By allowing that to happen (by not ejecting Dempster), they should have also allowed CC to retaliate, but it was very poorly handled by the ump. Any time you throw behind a player it should raise an eyebrow.

I'd be surprised if the Yankees don't drill someone (preferably Ortiz) next series.
CELTICS 2024