Author Topic: Boston College Basketball  (Read 48554 times)

Re: Boston College Basketball
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2009, 11:34:20 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Noreen is a 6'10 PF
Heslip is a 6'1 PG
They are both recruits for the 2010 season that have committed. 

Heslips Scouting report-rating 91/100- August, 2009: Heslip has burst onto the recruiting scene with his tough hard-nosed play and his ability to shoot the basketball. He has a great stroke from deep and plays with a great pace and confidence. On this team (Team Canada/Adidas Nations) he played off the ball because of Cory Joseph, but showed his point guard skills when he got the opportunity. He understands how to play and is a high percentage decision maker. He has a good handle and is able to get by his defender with deceptive quickness. He moves well without the ball; he uses and reads screens and does a nice job spacing up off the ball in transition or off penetration. He showed a solid mid-range game after lifting his defender with a shot fake and can make a floater over the bigs. This kid has savvy and leadership qualities that should make him an asset to any program.

Noreens scouting report-rating 88/100-May, 2009: Noreen is very skilled when facing the basket. He shoots the ball from 15-17 feet and he can put the ball on the floor to exploit mismatches. He is average athletically and must get tougher inside as well as he needs to rebound better. He does have good hands and post foot work. He passes the ball very well and finds the open man. Right now, he is a solid mid-major to possible high-major minus prospect. He is a 4.0 gpa student.

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2009, 07:40:38 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Odom commits to Arizona, it hurts but they will be fine as long as it doesn't cost them Noreen. They are still in the mix for a few other very good recruits, so just get 1 or 2 of them and they will be fine.

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2009, 09:18:01 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
yawn

« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2009, 09:04:08 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
yawn

Well after that enthusiasm how can I not post another update.

After losing SF recruit Rod Odom, BC had 6'8(92 rating) SF/PF Papa Samba Ndao in for an official visit. 

Espn's report on him is: July, 2009: Papa was outstanding throughout the two day event (Big Shots I Myrtle Beach). This 6-8 athletic wing took the ball strong to the basket, used his speed to score easily in transition and played with explosion on both ends of the floor. Papa is a smooth operator who uses a quick a first step to beat his man off the dribble to get to the basket. He is an excellent on the ball defender who is difficult to break down off the dribble and with his length is hard to get shots over. He pursues the basketball when the shot goes up to corral the rebound and start the break.

He is currently offered by: BC, SMU, and TCU   BC is definitly the biggest name among the three so hopefully we can snag him up. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2009, 07:44:35 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 09:10:57 AM by Rondo2287 »

« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2009, 08:54:37 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
yawn

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2009, 08:58:39 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
yawn

Hardly Im going to refer you to these rules and ask you to please refrain

"Do not “lure” or “bait” others towards rule-breaking behavior.  This prohibition applies site-wide.  Responding to such “bait” in a manner that violates Celticsblog rules is equally inappropriate, and is subject to the same level of punishment.

No “trolling”.  Commenting in a thread or elsewhere on the site in a manner that is likely to provoke an angry response from others is not permitted. "

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2009, 11:56:03 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Good to see that BC will once again be under the radar this year

http://bceagles.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/102509aaa.html

"Bc Picked 9th of out 12 teams in ACC preseason Poll"

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2009, 08:25:46 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Jordin Mayes, a 6-1 guard from Los Angeles, sounds like a heavy lean toward Boston College, though his father says things will remain open for the foreseeable future.

Good to hear, this guy looks like a real stud, and again since he is from CAL, BC is showing a pretty expansive recruiting base.  ESPN ranks him as a 91/100 PG.

Mayes is one of the smoothest players on the west coast. His game is effortless and his skills are outstanding. His jump shot has a feathery touch out to the stripe and he is always on balance. He isn't the quickest or the fastest at his position, but he has a knack of breaking down opponents and finding the open man. His passing is high-level as well as his overall feel for the game. In addition to his skills and savvy, he has a tremendous demeanor about him. He never gets rattled under pressure and he possesses great leadership ability.

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2009, 08:55:38 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't understand how we can be so underrated in basketball this year. We're going to be very good. Yeah we lost Rice but everyone else is going to be a year better. Rice wasn't a perfect fit for our offense and Sanders got the ball more at the end of games than he did. Paris is a much better fit to run the flex.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2009, 08:59:09 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
I don't understand how we can be so underrated in basketball this year. We're going to be very good. Yeah we lost Rice but everyone else is going to be a year better. Rice wasn't a perfect fit for our offense and Sanders got the ball more at the end of games than he did. Paris is a much better fit to run the flex.

I know people are getting sick of Simmons, but when I was reading the Ewing theory, I thought Tyrese Rice

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 09:08:13 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I know people are getting sick of Simmons, but when I was reading the Ewing theory, I thought Tyrese Rice
He would never mention that though, because of his hate for BC
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 09:10:54 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

He would never mention that though, because of his hate for BC

Oh ya I know.  Whatever, people are haters because our kids graduate.

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2009, 11:14:12 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Boston College received its third commit today for the 2010 class.  This commit is 6'9 sf/pf Papa Samba Ndao from Florida.  He is rated a 92/100 by espn so he is their highest rated commit thusfar. 

Boston College received a verbal commitment from combo forward Papa Ndao Samba this week, his coach at Montverde Academy has confirmed to ESPN.com.

"Yes, he has committed to B.C.," Kevin Sutton said. "This is a tremendous opportunity for Papa. I am very proud of him. He has been a member of my program for the past three years and he has improved and worked very hard to put himself in this position to reach his goal of earning a college scholarship.

"Papa is an example of the type of student-athletes we have here at Montverde Academy," Sutton continued. "He is a leader and captain of the team for the past 2 years, He is also a serious student and a passionate and talented athlete."

Ndao miss some time last season with a knee injury, but when he's healthy he's a tremendously gifted wing player, according to ESPN.com's Reggie Rankin.

"Papa is a long and athletic wing forward that can shoot the ball in spot-up situations or off screens. What makes him special is his combination of size and skill. He can shoot it over smaller defenders and stretch defenses out past the three point line.

Because of his upside, Rankin really likes this get for the Eagles.

"This is a great pick up for Coach (Al) Skinner and his staff. Papa's size will give teams fits on the perimeter and he can also put the ball on the floor and get to the rim.

"He's good fit for the flex offense BC runs because of his scoring ability."

Ndao is the third recruit the Eagles will look to sign next week, joining point guard Brady Heslip (Burlington, Ont./New Hampton (N.H.) School) and power forward Kevin Noreen (Minneapolis, Minn./Minnesota Transitions Charter School).

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recruiting/tracker/player?page=onthetrail&recruitId=58497&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fpage%3donthetrail%26recruitId%3d58497

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2009, 07:57:56 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
BC opens up the season tonight at Conte Forum against Dartmouth.  This should be a gimmee game and an opening night victory for the eagles.

Last year Dartmouth finished with one player finishing with double digit scoring in the Ivy League.  Alex Barnett is a 6-6 forward who averaged 17.9 ppg in his Junior year. 

That being said, I dont think Dartmouth really has a change to match the athletesism or size of the BC team.  Dartmouth's tallest player is 6-8 so BC should have the edge on the inside using their flex offense.  I think the main thing to watch for in this game is how Biko Paris replaces team captain and leader the last two years Tyrese Rice.  Biko is a Junior pg and team captain this year and looks to be a solid contributer. 

The first two games of the season will be important for BC getting their act together before the paradise jam tournament which begins with a game against St. Josephs november 20th.  Im going to the game and will put together a recap either tonight or tomorrow morning.  In the meantime, Go Eagles!