Author Topic: Big Miss on Blatche  (Read 10300 times)

Re: Big Miss on Blatche
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 04:08:36 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
Did andray blatche kill a lot of puppies or something?

He certainly could have.  Who knows what he learned from Gilbert.

Pretty sure the one thing Agent Zero taught him was to double-check the inside of his shoes before putting them on.

« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2012, 04:10:25 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
For the vet min you had nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Well, they didn't have a roster spot.  They gave that spot to Darko. 

And there is something to lose, if you start relying on him, and then he breaks, like he has in the past.  You don't lose money, but that sort of thing can really affect a team.

He is really the riskiest sort of player, because he is the type who can come in, and be great for a stretch, and then totally go off the reservation when you need him most.

You're reaching now.

I am only reaching to try to get across what I consider a very simple point.  The guy is a headcase, and I don't want him anywhere near this team. 

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2012, 04:27:06 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

And there is something to lose, if you start relying on him, and then he breaks, like he has in the past.  You don't lose money, but that sort of thing can really affect a team.

He is really the riskiest sort of player, because he is the type who can come in, and be great for a stretch, and then totally go off the reservation when you need him most.

You're reaching now.

I am only reaching to try to get across what I consider a very simple point.  The guy is a headcase, and I don't want him anywhere near this team.

Ok, if he gets out of control you cut him. Like i said, low risk high reward.

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2012, 04:33:43 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Did andray blatche kill a lot of puppies or something?

He certainly could have.  Who knows what he learned from Gilbert.

Pretty sure the one thing Agent Zero taught him was to double-check the inside of his shoes before putting them on.

Ohhh, that Gilbert! The Wizards are the new Clippers.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2012, 05:59:34 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The thing is here he wouldn't be easily imploding the team by his absurd antics. It isn't easy for even Blatche to get out of control in the locker room with KG's presence around.
I'm not suggesting he would be tutored by KG to mature, but he would, for his own sake, have to shut his mouth up and sit down obediently at the very worst case.

What kind of player would Blatche be if he tried to imitate KG and PP, mouth-wise?  How likely would he be to try and do that if he were a Celtic?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
Seriously, if he was such a bonehead and being a cancer/headcase, cut him.

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2012, 07:45:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

You're reaching now.

Ok, if he gets out of control you cut him. Like i said, low risk high reward.

And like I said, they made their choice on a low risk high reward guy in Darko.  Maybe they made the wrong choice.  I am not sure there was a right choice though.

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2012, 09:57:29 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
I dont even know why this thread was madee most of you didnt even want the Celtics to sign him, i was one of the very few

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 11:40:07 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I dont even know why this thread was madee most of you didnt even want the Celtics to sign him, i was one of the very few

You can't blame them. He ha a troubled past of being selfish, a cancer to the team and all.

I wante him here, I think his talents for the minimum are high reward. And the fact that he's on a complete image rebuild makes it low risk. I wanted him before the Darko news came out. And everyone disagreed and said "he'll just be a distraction, a headache". Well, he's proving us wrong in Brooklyn right now (outside of one thing).
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2013, 12:54:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2013, 01:08:13 PM »

Offline mainevent

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 203

And you can have him, right along with his "associates". I'm SO glad this guy came no where near the Celtics. As Doc states reputations aren't given, they're created. This guys a B-U-M.
"Mosquitoes refuse to bite me....purely out of respect"

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

And you can have him, right along with his "associates". I'm SO glad this guy came no where near the Celtics. As Doc states reputations aren't given, they're created. This guys a B-U-M.

A guy for the vet. Minimum. Whos producing better than our backup forward Brandon Bass and making less money? A guy who may have flaws but rebounding is not one of them, which is something we could really use? A guy who seems to be headed on the right path now outside of the Washington commebt and the recent sexual assault, who he may not be a part of, is a bum?

Then what makes the other forwards whos producing less and getting paud more? Ultra bums?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

A guy for the vet. Minimum. Whos producing better than our backup forward Brandon Bass and making less money? A guy who may have flaws but rebounding is not one of them, which is something we could really use? A guy who seems to be headed on the right path now outside of the Washington commebt and the recent sexual assault, who he may not be a part of, is a bum?

Then what makes the other forwards whos producing less and getting paud more? Ultra bums?

Andray Baltche has half a season of good but not great production as a backup 5, with a history of off-court issues and lockerroom cancerfication, in a contract year.

While at this point, it might have played out, and he most definitely would've filled a need, at the point of signing, he looked like a lemon with a rap sheet, and there is still a great chance that's what he'll revert to.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2013, 01:26:34 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The thing is here he wouldn't be easily imploding the team by his absurd antics. It isn't easy for even Blatche to get out of control in the locker room with KG's presence around.
I'm not suggesting he would be tutored by KG to mature, but he would, for his own sake, have to shut his mouth up and sit down obediently at the very worst case.

What kind of player would Blatche be if he tried to imitate KG and PP, mouth-wise?  How likely would he be to try and do that if he were a Celtic?

We've already seen it, he failed... in fact, I think KG made him cry or something.

« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, 03:30:58 AM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
blatche is helping his team win more games than anyone on the celtics bench. had 20 and 7 in 22 minutes. if jeff green had even one game like this everyone here would be raving about how much of a steal he is.