Author Topic: Have you heard of any trades or movements in the NBA??  (Read 12930 times)

Re: Have you heard of any trades or movements in the NBA??
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 01:35:27 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
There's a rumor about Diaw for Tj Ford and the Raptor's 1st round pick.  Saw that one earlier today...

Ford AND a draft pick for Diaw? Wow.

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 01:43:03 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
There's a rumor about Diaw for Tj Ford and the Raptor's 1st round pick.  Saw that one earlier today...

Ford AND a draft pick for Diaw? Wow.

That was my reaction too.

I think Ford for Diaw straight up makes a lot of sense for both teams.  They both are high risk players (Ford because of his health, and Diaw, because he could be a product of the system) with large contracts.  This deal just makes too much sense to actually happen.

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 03:52:10 PM »

Offline gc1530

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Heat Receive:
No. 4 Pick (Mayo or Bayless)
Chris Wilcox

Sonics Receive:
No. 2 Pick (Beasley)
Mark Blount

Per HoopsHype.com

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 04:18:17 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Heat Receive:
Chris Wilcox

Sonics Receive:
No. 2 Pick (Beasley)
Mark Blount

Per HoopsHype.com

The negative value of Blount continues to grow. 

I also guess this means they will never try to convert Durrant back to PF.

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 04:23:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Heat Receive:
Chris Wilcox

Sonics Receive:
No. 2 Pick (Beasley)
Mark Blount

Per HoopsHype.com

What are the owners in Seattle thinking about? One of the games true stars in their midst at the age of 19 and they are going to bring in Mark Blount as a veteran influence. If they suck after making this trade, they deserve to.

Unless they buy out Blount's sorry sad sack before he is even allowed to put on a uni.

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 04:25:05 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Heat Receive:
Chris Wilcox

Sonics Receive:
No. 2 Pick (Beasley)
Mark Blount

Per HoopsHype.com

What are the owners in Seattle thinking about? One of the games true stars in their midst at the age of 19 and they are going to bring in Mark Blount as a veteran influence. If they suck after making this trade, they deserve to.

Unless they buy out Blount's sorry sad sack before he is even allowed to put on a uni.

I am trying to figure out if they are trying to become Atlanta West.  Stockpiling up on you SF/PFs combo's.  (Durrant/Green and possible Beasley)

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 04:34:07 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Heat Receive:
Chris Wilcox

Sonics Receive:
No. 2 Pick (Beasley)
Mark Blount

Per HoopsHype.com

I am trying to figure out if they are trying to become Atlanta West.  Stockpiling up on you SF/PFs combo's.  (Durrant/Green and possible Beasley)

I wonder what that means for Swift. They'd have like 4 centers, 3 of them wih longer contracts than Swift.

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 04:37:58 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Heat Receive:
Chris Wilcox

Sonics Receive:
No. 2 Pick (Beasley)
Mark Blount

Per HoopsHype.com

I wonder what that means for Swift. They'd have like 4 centers, 3 of them wih longer contracts than Swift.

After seeing the wonderful job Blount did with Perkins and Jefferson, Seattle is hopping he has the same effect on their big men. 

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 04:45:58 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
Heat Receive:
Chris Wilcox

Sonics Receive:
No. 2 Pick (Beasley)
Mark Blount

Per HoopsHype.com

After seeing the wonderful job Blount did with Perkins and Jefferson, Seattle is hopping he has the same effect on their big men. 

I meant in terms of Seattle keeping Swift. He'll be a free agent next year and they'll still have 3 other centers under contract.

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 04:54:37 PM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
I'm sure that alot of teams are going to attempt to assemble a "Big 3" since it worked for the NBA champs this year.  Granted there was much more involved but you gotta start somewhere.

It'll be tough to pull off for other teams though.  We were lucky enough to make trades with 2 teams that were officially entering the rebuilding stage.  Plus if McHale isn't the GM of the Wolves, then I don't think we get KG.

Also, I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk or rumors about an Odom and Marion swap of some kind.

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 06:51:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Anyone ever think that maybe Seattle is doing this deal to jump up and get Mayo ahead of Minny? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to get the second pick and add more youth where you are already strong in youth. Maybe they don't like Bayless and wany Mayo in their backcourt. That makes more sense to me.

Of course that then drops Beasley into the laps of the Timberpuppies. Big Al and the Beastly. Minny will be looking good for a decade to come up front.

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2008, 04:11:28 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Anyone ever think that maybe Seattle is doing this deal to jump up and get Mayo ahead of Minny? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to get the second pick and add more youth where you are already strong in youth. Maybe they don't like Bayless and wany Mayo in their backcourt. That makes more sense to me.

You know what was dumb? Drafting Jeff Green in the first place.
You know what was dumber? Trading Ray Allen in order draft Jeff Green.

Presti needs to admit his mistake and get rid of Jeff Green. His best position is small forward and always will be which is the exact same as Kevin Durant. That's a huge problem.

Michael Beasley would be fantastic next to Kevin Durant. I'd be delighted that Durant finally is given some help (worst supporting cast in the league by far). I don't think they're looking at Mayo, Mayo isn't as good as Beasley and does less for their team. Seattle should be looking at TJ Ford if they land a Beasley. That would be nice and the start of the franchise stepping forward.

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2008, 01:47:22 PM »

Offline gc1530

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
Pistons trying to acquire Baron Davis according to various news outlets.