Author Topic: haslem or barbosa  (Read 9955 times)

Re: haslem or barbosa
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Citing the depth of talent in this draft, Larry Bird, the Pacers president said he's looking to make a trade that would give the team a second first round pick.

"There's going to be a heck of a player at 11, a guy that can help us, no question about that," Bird said Thursday in his first public comments since draft-eligible players began individual workouts. "We've talked to a number of teams about different scenarios, and we've got some things in the works.

"If we can get another pick, it'd be just great. ... We'd like to have another pick in this draft, and that's what we're trying to get right now." -- The Indianapolis Star

Would Scali, TA and a 1st for Foster work?   

Jeff Foster? I think TA alone would be enough.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 11:18:31 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Why not re-sign Pollard and Tony Allen? If healthy, those two as valable as Barbosa and Foster.

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 11:29:56 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Citing the depth of talent in this draft, Larry Bird, the Pacers president said he's looking to make a trade that would give the team a second first round pick.

"There's going to be a heck of a player at 11, a guy that can help us, no question about that," Bird said Thursday in his first public comments since draft-eligible players began individual workouts. "We've talked to a number of teams about different scenarios, and we've got some things in the works.

"If we can get another pick, it'd be just great. ... We'd like to have another pick in this draft, and that's what we're trying to get right now." -- The Indianapolis Star

Well since Foster's leaving anyway, getting him in a sign and trade while dumping Scal's contract would help both sides, although I'd miss Scal's towel waving.  I say we just wait until he hits free agency - Foster's been close to a title a few times, and I'm sure he'd love to play for a contender.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 11:31:10 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I doubt it.  He is a solid C.  Pacers are looking for a 1st round draft pick.

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 11:40:42 AM »

Offline Kakopedi

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 2
what aboout Zo Mourning?  He'd be near perfect, I know he's 39 but last year for the Heat he played 16mpg 6ppg 4rpg and and almost TWO blocks per game.

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2008, 01:40:25 AM »

Offline Vicirus

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Well since Foster's leaving anyway, getting him in a sign and trade while dumping Scal's contract would help both sides, although I'd miss Scal's towel waving.  I say we just wait until he hits free agency - Foster's been close to a title a few times, and I'm sure he'd love to play for a contender.

I've liked Foster for a long time. I haven't seen him play all that much, but he is an excellent rebounder (especially offensive), shot blocker, and defender. Which is what a back-up center is supposed to provide. The biggest reason to get him in a trade is that it would allow us to use the MLE on Posey. If we don't get a center or backup PG in a trade, I think we will be stuck trying to get Posey to accept the bird exception, which would be 22.5 for 5yrs I think.

I think both teams would be happy with Scal, Pruitt, and the player picked at #30 for Foster. That deal would work if the salary for #30 is over $850k, which I believe it is. I would probably cave and do Powe in place of Pruitt if need be. He will most likely walk after next year because someone will pay him more than us, and he is redundent with BB. Another good reason to get Foster is that his salary is $5.5M, so you could package him with future picks, TA, etc at the trade deadline if you really wanted to. It would at least give us a few options.

After getting Foster, giving Posey most (or all) of the MLE, signing TA to the qualifying offer, and giving house a 2 yr 3.6M deal, we'd only need to get a backup PG. That could be pick #60 or a vet minimum guy (Cassell).

It really gets good if you find that Posey will take the bird exception. Then you've got what ever you want of the MLE to get a backup PG like Udrih, Pargo, Arroyo, or Duhon.