Author Topic: E'Twuan Moore Unhappy  (Read 12002 times)

Re: E'Twuan Moore Unhappy
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Moore has prove himself. He played very well when Rondo was Injured hitting big shots assisting and defending well. Doc just has to be honest, because we all see it every year... Doc does not play rookies unless barring injuries. K.G. went down, we saw Baby, Baby goes down we saw Powe, Ray Allen goes down we're now seeing Bradley, Rondo went down & we saw Moore briefly, Wilcox & J.O. went down & now we're finally seeing a stolen gem in Steisma.

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2012, 06:27:51 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
E'Twaun Moore: "Hmmm the only people that think I should be playing are the fans... maybe i should sound like a selfish, egotistic, rookie PG so I can completely alienate them. Sounds like a plan."

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2012, 06:32:52 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
Moore has a point.
1. guaranteed he would we playing more  in a system like the Spurs.
2. he would be playing over Dooling in almost any other NBA team.

I don't think either of these things are true.  In all but one game, he has not looked like an NBA player.  He has struggled to get his shot off against any defense, and is not a strong defensive player or PG.

On the Spurs, he wouldn't see the floor either, because they would have about 5 guys in front of him. 

As for being better than Dooling...well, I won't get into that argument, since I know I think more of Dooling than most people on this site.  But since Dooling isn't in the rotation either right now, it doesn't really matter.

Moore is at best a borderline NBA player.

I dont think this is true either.. You put Moore on the Spurs bench and he gets buried. Moore hasnt proven that he is worthy of playing for a contender. I dont even think he would be getting big minutes on the Wizards or the Bobcats currently. I hope he is working hard and makes the most of his opportunities but he should try to be more cautious about what he says to the media.
the bolded is pretty disrespectful especially since he hasnt had consistent minutes this year him nd JJJ deserve more minutes to get in some type of rhythm

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2012, 06:43:28 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Insignificant news.

This. 

Non-story.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2012, 06:51:48 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Can't blame him, I'm sure he lights it up in practice while Avery is the brickmaster. From his prospective it can't make much sense.
This is pure and simple speculation on your part and given the fact that Bradley is playing, playing well and shooting well and that Doc always said Bradley showed himself to be a very good shooter in practice, probably the opposite of what has happened.

I remember After the Orlando game where Moore blew up, doc was interviewed and said he wasn't surprised because Moores shooting was only behind rays in practice.

Fact is, Bradley is still a poor shooter. His FG% is padded because he gets set up for so many layups, and defenses play off his shot. Almost all of his actual jumpshots are bricks when theres any sort of defense near him. Moore actually creates his own shot with his dribble.

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2012, 06:59:07 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Moore has a point.
1. guaranteed he would we playing more  in a system like the Spurs.
2. he would be playing over Dooling in almost any other NBA team.

I don't think either of these things are true.  In all but one game, he has not looked like an NBA player.  He has struggled to get his shot off against any defense, and is not a strong defensive player or PG.

On the Spurs, he wouldn't see the floor either, because they would have about 5 guys in front of him. 

As for being better than Dooling...well, I won't get into that argument, since I know I think more of Dooling than most people on this site.  But since Dooling isn't in the rotation either right now, it doesn't really matter.

Moore is at best a borderline NBA player.

I dont think this is true either.. You put Moore on the Spurs bench and he gets buried. Moore hasnt proven that he is worthy of playing for a contender. I dont even think he would be getting big minutes on the Wizards or the Bobcats currently. I hope he is working hard and makes the most of his opportunities but he should try to be more cautious about what he says to the media.
the bolded is pretty disrespectful especially since he hasnt had consistent minutes this year him nd JJJ deserve more minutes to get in some type of rhythm

They don't deserve anything.  If they deserved it, they would be playing, and producing right now.  Both of them have had opportunities and have been uneven at best.  When you are on a veteran team like the C's, you need to take advantage of every opportunity you have if you want minutes.  Nothing is given to you.  If they keep improving, the opportunities will be there, but the only way to make the most of them is to be ready.  That should be their focus.

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2012, 07:06:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Can't blame him, I'm sure he lights it up in practice while Avery is the brickmaster. From his prospective it can't make much sense.
This is pure and simple speculation on your part and given the fact that Bradley is playing, playing well and shooting well and that Doc always said Bradley showed himself to be a very good shooter in practice, probably the opposite of what has happened.

I remember After the Orlando game where Moore blew up, doc was interviewed and said he wasn't surprised because Moores shooting was only behind rays in practice.

Fact is, Bradley is still a poor shooter. His FG% is padded because he gets set up for so many layups, and defenses play off his shot. Almost all of his actual jumpshots are bricks when theres any sort of defense near him. Moore actually creates his own shot with his dribble.
T%he actual shooting stats don't bear out that Bradley is a bad shooter. he is not a good long range shooter but his mid range game which started awful has gotten to some decent numbers because of a long stretch of good shooting from 12-21 feet.

Here are the team's stats this year for shooting from this range:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/plus/shot_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=single&year_id=2012&is_playoffs=N&team_id=BOS&opp_id=&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&shot_pts=&is_make=&shot_type=&shot_distance_min=12&shot_distance_max=21&q1=Y&q2=Y&q3=Y&q4=Y&q5=Y&time_remain_minutes=12&time_remain_seconds=0&time_remain_comp=le&margin_min=&margin_max=&c1stat=&c1comp=ge&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=ge&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=ge&c3val=&order_by=fg

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2012, 07:09:36 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Shooting % on two-point shots that aren't dunks or layups:
Moore: 32.5%
Bradley 38.5%
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2012, 07:45:06 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Bradley 38.5%

Exactly.  The thing about Moore is that he is a great shooter...when he has room to get his shot off.  Unfortunately, he is too short, too unathletic, and his release is too slow, so he can really only get off a clean shot when he is WIDE open.  In order to get shots off, he has had to really rush them, and it turns him into a poor shooter.

If you had them in a shooting competition without defenders, Moore would destroy Bradley, but against NBA defenses, the ability to elevate, and the threat of speed make Bradley a more effective NBA shooter.

« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2012, 07:54:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Bradley 38.5%

If you had them in a shooting competition without defenders, Moore would destroy Bradley,
I seriously doubt this as we have seen Rondo shoot shot for shot with Kevin Durant in a game of horse on national TV. Fact is they are both probably very good outside shooter's but Moore has better range and Bradley better tools to get his shot off and create his shot. When it comes to practicality, like game conditions, that makes Bradley better, IMHO.

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2012, 07:55:42 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
Bradley 38.5%

If you had them in a shooting competition without defenders, Moore would destroy Bradley,
I seriously doubt this as we have seen Rondo shoot shot for shot with Kevin Durant in a game of horse on national TV. Fact is they are both probably very good outside shooter's but Moore has better range and Bradley better tools to get his shot off and create his shot. When it comes to practicality, like game conditions, that makes Bradley better, IMHO.

Well, its the same point.  It doesn't matter how well Moore can shoot in practice, if he can't get his shot off in games.

« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2012, 08:31:31 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Remember when Doc kept saying that Bradley could hit jumpers in practice?

I don't really see Moore as being as future starter on a non-lottery team, but he would certainly be a useful bench player anywhere in the league if he can play decent defense and raise his 3p% over 40%.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2012, 08:35:39 PM »

Offline dtrader

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I seriously think people here have forgotten Moores game.  Defenses didn't lay off him. They lay off Bradley like they do rondo. Moores shots were mostly contested jumpers that he created space for himself with his dribble. He wasn't missing wide open shots...that's Bradley lol.

As far as tools to get a shot off, dribble is number 1.  Moores handle is way better than Bradley's. Bradley doesn't have the ability to create space with his dribble, and there's no "fear of speed" with him once the balls in his hands, because his dribble isn't strong enough to penetrate with it.  Bringing up Moores size as a disadvantage doesn't really work either, because when they were on the court next to each other, Moore was way bigger than Bradley.

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2012, 08:46:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I seriously think people here have forgotten Moores game.  Defenses didn't lay off him. They lay off Bradley like they do rondo. Moores shots were mostly contested jumpers that he created space for himself with his dribble. He wasn't missing wide open shots...that's Bradley lol.

As far as tools to get a shot off, dribble is number 1.  Moores handle is way better than Bradley's. Bradley doesn't have the ability to create space with his dribble, and there's no "fear of speed" with him once the balls in his hands, because his dribble isn't strong enough to penetrate with it.  Bringing up Moores size as a disadvantage doesn't really work either, because when they were on the court next to each other, Moore was way bigger than Bradley.
I don't think people are forgetting anything.

And I think your assessment on Bradley is completely wrong. He can blow by people and his handle on his right hand is excellent. His left is awful, however. And he has tremendous lateral and first step speed to create separation for shots and get himself open for cuts. His hands are also very good when passed to which makes his cuts lethal.